Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#16,123 ·
Concolour said:
Switched CDs... Got bored of cannibal corpse so decided on slayer..... Damn I need stuff to do to my jeep. Payday why you no come faster I wanna order stuff

And when I find out who broke the Internet imma back over their donkey. I wanna be able to see pictures of flexed out jeeps lol
I can't wait for pay day either. New tires then lift :)

#16,126 ·
Lots of errors and can't see any pics either.

Pulled two turn signal lights and some badges at the U pull today when helping my buddy source a DS for his WJ.

Tried to take a skid off a 95, any idea how to get the damn thing off? Three bolts, one was fine, but the other two seem to have rusted onto the nuts and are stuck in the frame rails!

Contemplating whether I should paint the corners amber or go for a VHT flavor.

Also looked for the vacuum leak causing me to only have defrost, found the disconnected tube under the battery, but attaching it didn't help. Any other ideas?

#16,127 ·
When I open a thread from my email, I have to refresh the page to see the updated version of it. Wtf.

Edit: and ZJMTL, go clear corners. It would look wicked with the amber turn signal housing.

#16,131 ·
When I open a thread from my email, I have to refresh the page to see the updated version of it. Wtf.

Edit: and ZJMTL, go clear corners. It would look wicked with the amber turn signal housing.
Same here, "new posts" gets me to this thread three pages ago.

Amber turn signals and clear corners? Any pics of your lights man, I remember you had tinted the tails and they looked good.

#16,132 ·
Same here, "new posts" gets me to this thread three pages ago.

Amber turn signals and clear corners? Any pics of your lights man, I remember you had tinted the tails and they looked good.
Yeah, I tinted the tails. I love the look of the zj taillights tinted.

You were talking about the front corners, right? All my lights up front are clear, but I know ejschultz has clear corners too, but his turn signal housing is tinted. It looks pretty sweet. Yours would probably look just like that, but with orange turns instead of black.

#16,134 ·
Yeah, I tinted the tails. I love the look of the zj taillights tinted.

You were talking about the front corners, right? All my lights up front are clear, but I know ejschultz has clear corners too, but his turn signal housing is tinted. It looks pretty sweet. Yours would probably look just like that, but with orange turns instead of black.
Still don't have the corners painted orange yet, was thinking of doing like EJ did but also covering the orange part on the side markers. How dark are your tails? I want something that looks close to stock output to keep the cops happy.

#16,135 ·
Wish i could see these PICS!!!!!

#16,136 ·
Cut, hammered, pounded and undercoated my passenger pinch weld seam.

Took a few hours and involved a 20 lb dumb-bell as i decided the 5 lb sledge wasn't doing the trick.

Also during this it wouldn't start, acting like dead battery. Cleaned the conections with coke and a paper towl, started right up.

#16,140 ·
Getting my tires Wednesday or Thursday. Using the factory limited snowflakes. My uncle can make wheel spacers for me out of aluminum. Is there any kind of aluminum to use. And how big around should they be. How thick?