What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 802 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #12016
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathubcapguy
lol i think i know where you're going with this.....
Need to paint mine, thinking about either rhino it or plastic dip. Any thoughts?

Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #12017
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious

Need to paint mine, thinking about either rhino it or plastic dip. Any thoughts?
Monstaliner
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #12018
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

My first ZJ:

Drunk driver blew through a red light going 70 and slammed into our passenger side. Spun twice before we landed on the median. Wish I had pictures of his Impreza, thing was f***ed up.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #12019
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69

Monstaliner
Have you used it?
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #12020
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Talking with a guy off of CL. Hes looking to barter. He wants his bathroom floor and shower tiled. In exchange he is offering bodywork and a paint job on the zj. Says hes been doing it 20+ years with his own shop and has a portfolio. He would knock out my lil dents take care of my small rust issues and give me a paint job of my choice. Think I'm thing to go for it. I'm a professional tile installer so why not. I think im going to go for a matte black with clear coat or a satin finish. Not sure yet. But yeah looking forward to this!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #12021
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post
My first ZJ:

Drunk driver blew through a red light going 70 and slammed into our passenger side. Spun twice before we landed on the median. Wish I had pictures of his Impreza, thing was f***ed up.
sucks bro...hope everyone is all right.....

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #12022
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

I wouldnt trust my goat when u wreck u do do it fast as hell . As far as safe I don't know where u saw pics but every time i see one wrecked the roof is gone or crushed. Also because it was imported from austrailia it has no current safty standard tests here. No scores. Also the whole issue with the air bags not deploying is not too good either . The jeep is a tank compared to the goat and it held up like a beast.

http://www.internetautoguide.com/7-12-2004-66-731/2004-pontiac-gto-crash-tests.html
gto1.jpg  
Unread 06-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #12023
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

I do love my interior though. Makes the new Camaro SS leather look like tissue paper. When you sit in it its like your a baseball in a catchers mitt. I want a set of black seats for the jeep.
Unread 06-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #12024
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Replaced a rear shock and installed rough country disconnects today
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #12025
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69
Replaced a rear shock and installed rough country disconnects today
Replaced rear axle bearings and new lockers! Next days off will be transmission flush and filter :O
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #12026
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
That's why I like you guys.
You could just get a new 4 door wrangler or somethin
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #12027
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

image-263182165.jpg

image-2793479502.jpg
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #12028
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Got her a list of repair parts. Ignition coil, coolant temp sensor, rad hoses, coolant (flush), downstream o2 sensor, serpentine belt.. Now to just do the easy part.. Installing them. The hard part was shelling out 280$ for it all.
Unread 06-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #12029
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Rain wash.

Featured on a popular local website.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #12030
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Dammit now I've got the brake rotor shield rubbing making awful noises and sounds like my planetary bearings are making noise FML...

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.