What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 800 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 06-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #11986
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956
went to the JY today. scored a gas tank skid plate and a OEM rear view mirror with the damn light sensor thingy....but the gas tank skid was a good score...was already removed and all. just laying under the jeep.

I wonder what got in its way....

tomorrow i will go back for the carpet, TC Skid plate, front DS and UJoint axle shafts....
Lucky bastard, I just drove to work and home rocking little over 8th of a tank LOL

Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #11987
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited

Im eyeing that tranny cooler.
Plenty of ZJ with tranny coolers. This white ZJ was very clean underneath. New parts all over the place. You can tell it was very well taken care of..

I'm gonna RAPE it tomorrow....

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #11988
94unlimited52zj
1994 ZJ 

Pulled a huge tractor tire out of the ground, that was stuck between two trees. Made a offroad base out of 3/4 inch plywood,and a jack-mate type hi-lift accessory.

94unlimited52zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #11989
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I started seriously considering selling it. There's nothing wrong with it, but I have a daughter on the way and I want to save for a downpayment on a decent car with a nice size trunk, good gas mileage, good road manners, and something that won't give her shaken baby syndrome after a short ride. I really want to keep it, but the more I think about it, the more and more impractical it seems. I'm going to miss wheeling...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #11990
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Meh...use the Caprice, then switch back to the Heep when she can hold her head up
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #11991
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I started seriously considering selling it. There's nothing wrong with it, but I have a daughter on the way and I want to save for a downpayment on a decent car with a nice size trunk, good gas mileage, good road manners, and something that won't give her shaken baby syndrome after a short ride. I really want to keep it, but the more I think about it, the more and more impractical it seems. I'm going to miss wheeling...
now thats interesting I bought my first Zj because my Gf was pregnant with our twin daughters. I have found it to be reliable and safe, well I guess if I wasn't so mechanically inclined it would not have become as reliable as it is now

LOVE THE ZJ

on topic: drove it to make some deliveries then one of the speakers started working then it stopped working
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #11992
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
now thats interesting I bought my first Zj because my Gf was pregnant with our twin daughters. I have found it to be reliable and safe, well I guess if I wasn't so mechanically inclined it would not have become as reliable as it is now

LOVE THE ZJ :KISS:
Don't get me wrong, I love my ZJ too. Quite honestly, it's my favorite vehicle I've owned. I know it's definitely reliable; I don't know how safe it is. Being lifted, I know that if there is a wreck, it's more likely to roll over. Also, newer cars meet higher safety standards than a 97 ZJ. I know my car, being a 94 can't be much safer than the ZJ. I can't sell my car because of the sentimental value. My grandmother gave it to me 8 years ago after my grandfather died. It was his car. He loved that thing and took care of it like it was no one's business. The car is in near mint condition. Although it's not my favorite to drive, because it was my grandfathers, I hold it near and dear to my heart. On the other hand, the ZJ has a lot of my blood and sweat into it. I took a decent ZJ, changed some stuff, modded it, and made it mine. It's going to kill me to sell it, but it's definitely going to be easier to sell than my car would be.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #11993
stockzj
1997 ZJ 

I had my front doors in the back because i took them off. Then my hatch got locked some how . I didn't think it worked without the front doors on so my doors are either stuck back there or are going to be a b tch to get out. Its also going to rain so is there anything that is going to get wet that i should be worried about
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #11994
thathubcapguy
1996 ZJ 

the caprice is a big safe car. you can always just upgrade a lil to a WJ
one of the safest vehicles i owned was a 1994 car
it was a volvo 850 turbo wagon but still a 1994, i wrecked it HARD and walked away from it. the doors even still opened. if i were in a brand new corolla i wouldn't have fared as well. its all in how solid the car is not the age.
thathubcapguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #11995
thathubcapguy
1996 ZJ 

and today i put my rims on!
and installed my hatch pistons
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #11996
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathubcapguy View Post
and today i put my rims on!
and installed my hatch pistons
The red ones look so good with black cladding.

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #11997
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockzj View Post
I had my front doors in the back because i took them off. Then my hatch got locked some how . I didn't think it worked without the front doors on so my doors are either stuck back there or are going to be a ***** to get out.
lets think about this one for a second......

where's your keys?

Last edited by squazz; 06-01-2012 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: :facepalm: that was a xj hatch
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #11998
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz

lets think about this one for a second......

where's your keys?
I was thinking that, but figured there was something I didn't know and didn't wanna look dumb

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #11999
ELMCZJ95

picked up this bad boy as a spare for $30 for the rear tire carrier/bumper I ordered. (not me pictured)

Unread 06-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #12000
thathubcapguy
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
The red ones look so good with black cladding.
lol i think i know where you're going with this.....

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.