What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 745 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #11161
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

hahah, this guy is crazy...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/w...today-1367183/

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #11162
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Haha, watch me get banned for it. Worth it!

::sees moderator with big red rubber "ban" stamp::

tell my wife... I love herrrrrr!

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #11163
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncsmith711
Made my own T case linkage, got sick of the old bushing crap. This one should last a bit... lol
Very very nice.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #11164
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Meh...my ban stick already got used today.

Let's get back to the tech okay, gents?
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #11165
johncsmith711
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Very very nice.
thanks, about an hour of work for years of bushing free linkage!
Unread 05-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #11166
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Ordered Fat Bobs 2'' BB!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #11167
N3KRV
1995 ZJ 

Well I took my ZJ in for a front end alignment on Monday they couldn't do it because my TrackLink Bar was bad so i went to Napa and picked up a repalcement bar and went back to the shop they replaced it and did the alignment and now withthe new steering damper on it is a bit better BUT they would NOT adjust the steering gear box they said that it woudl cause the geers to wear oout faster, and they went on to say that yes there is a lot of play in my steering and that they know I jsut put a new gear box on that if i'm not satisfied with the steering play that I shoudl just go out and get another NEW steering gearbox! I said i am NOT paying another 150.00 for a new gear box and another 120 it have it installed AND another front end alignment done! i'll jsut go and find someone else that WILL do the steering adjustment for me for crying out loud, BUT my handling is a bit tighter now with the new damper and track bar no more Death Wobble!does anyone have any opnions on wither to upgrade to ceranmic brake pads or not? will they last longer than composit onesi've got a shop that when i'm ready to replace my brakes if I bring in the rotors they will put them on for the same prive as the pads at the same time,so i'm thinking about getting a new set of slotted and drilled rotors and ceranmic pads. any input iwooudl be greatly appreciated.
N3KRV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 03:35 AM   #11168
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3KRV
Well I took my ZJ in for a front end alignment on Monday they couldn't do it because my TrackLink Bar was bad so i went to Napa and picked up a repalcement bar and went back to the shop they replaced it and did the alignment and now withthe new steering damper on it is a bit better BUT they would NOT adjust the steering gear box they said that it woudl cause the geers to wear oout faster, and they went on to say that yes there is a lot of play in my steering and that they know I jsut put a new gear box on that if i'm not satisfied with the steering play that I shoudl just go out and get another NEW steering gearbox! I said i am NOT paying another 150.00 for a new gear box and another 120 it have it installed AND another front end alignment done! i'll jsut go and find someone else that WILL do the steering adjustment for me for crying out loud, BUT my handling is a bit tighter now with the new damper and track bar no more Death Wobble!does anyone have any opnions on wither to upgrade to ceranmic brake pads or not? will they last longer than composit onesi've got a shop that when i'm ready to replace my brakes if I bring in the rotors they will put them on for the same prive as the pads at the same time,so i'm thinking about getting a new set of slotted and drilled rotors and ceranmic pads. any input iwooudl be greatly appreciated.
Start learning how to do those things yourself, save yourself a lot of money on labor. ESP while owning a zj.
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #11169
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
Start learning how to do those things yourself, save yourself a lot of money on labor. ESP while owning a zj.
x2 if you have a 15 mm wrench you can adjust your own sterin wheel
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #11170
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I hate mud but this was funny.
picture-2.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #11171
nathantc
1994 ZJ 

nothing major just some bumper trimming before i do my 4" lift

this is with 31s

before

after
nathantc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #11172
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3KRV View Post
Words
Learn to do the stuff yourself. Saves a lot of money. I mean A LOT of money.

As far as brakes, I've always used the cheap semi-metallics. They're plenty of braking, unless you drive a sports car. (Note: I've used composite brakes once, on my old RX7. Totally worth it for that application)

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #11173
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantc View Post
nothing major just some bumper trimming before i do my 4" lift

this is with 31s

before

after
I never had to trim my bumper with 33's. I had an ARB though.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #11174
nathantc
1994 ZJ 

ill be getting bumpers made after i get a good pipe bender and it only seemed to rub the bumper when i was turning in reverse,, not going forward,,, odd. this is stock with 31s
nathantc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #11175
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Didn't do anything yet other than plan on driving it to work.. Went out this morning & started it up... Moved my car out from behind it, & parked the jeep in the street. Shut the jeep off, put car back in driveway then 10 mins later jeep would keep cranking with no start. 10 mins later it started, so I let it run, shut it off for less than 30 seconds & tried starting it... Once again, crank, no start. Just ended up leaving it & driving car to work.. Had someone at my house try it like an hour later, they started it & shut it off 4 times with no issues. They backed it into the driveway, shut it off then tried to start it. Once again, crank & no start. Gonna have to check things when I get home. It's been pouring here the last couple days so I'm thinking/hoping something got wet somewhere. I did notice this morning that there is fuel (can smell it when I pump the throttle), the pump kicks on as normal. She's been running like a top with no issues until this. To me it doesn't seem like the crank sensor, but IDK.. Anyone have any thoughts or have gone through this? It's a 95 4.0...
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.