What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 740 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 05-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #11086
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS

2 person method... And like I said I've done it twice... And doesn't even help for a day...
Shouldn't help at all. Could try a vac pump, $15 at harbor freight. I usually vac a full catch can out of each caliper, furthest first. Or you can try a mc but I think I've read you have to bring it to the dealer because of the abs.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #11087
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

Shouldn't help at all. Could try a vac pump, $15 at harbor freight. I usually vac a full catch can out of each caliper, furthest first. Or you can try a mc but I think I've read you have to bring it to the dealer because of the abs.
So just for ****s n giggles. Brake bleeding furthest wheel first, closest last, open bleeder, press brakes down all the way, close bleeder, let off brake pedal... So on n so forth till you get a solid stream from each bleeder...
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #11088
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Heres a fun question, while I'm doing it brake fluid cap on or off?
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #11089
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
So just for ****s n giggles. Brake bleeding furthest wheel first, closest last, pump brakes, hold brakes, open bleeder, press brakes down all the way, close bleeder, let off brake pedal... So on n so forth till you get a solid stream from each bleeder...
fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
on, keepeye that it dont run dry
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #11090
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Your doing it right but I usually have pedal pushed before opening bleeder, and close it prior to pedal reaching the floor. Being on an incline could effect it as you need the air to work it's way out the bleeder, and in incline could make it harder to force the air down the lines
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #11091
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

So whenever I get around to putting my lights on. I will be puttin a fuse panel and relays in my glove box.
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #11092
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

Your doing it right but I usually have pedal pushed before opening bleeder, and close it prior to pedal reaching the floor. Being on an incline could effect it as you need the air to work it's way out the bleeder, and in incline could make it harder to force the air down the lines
So I noticed something... It didn't do this the last 2 times I bled them. Usually with the bleeder open when the pedal is pressed the fluid comes out with some good pressure, well this time when my helper pressed the pedal the fluid kind of leaked out... barely any pressure at all... This would be the booster then I'm assuming?
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #11093
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

ive always used the self bleeder things which is just a bottle with a small hose going to it with a magnet. place the bottle above the bleeder screw, crack the screw, and pump the brakes a few times till the bottle is full. repeat a few times till no more bubbles come out. obviously watching the MC level.

ive used that method with axle swaps and MC swaps with no issues
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #11094
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Lubed the living F*** out of my rear pads and they're still squeaking!!!

Also cut my exhaust before the tailpipe and clamped on a turndown... WAAAAAY too loud while driving, going to the muffler shop tomorrow. I don't know if I'll just get them to put the tailpipe back on and leave it like that with my Dynomax, or get them to take the Dynomax off and put something else. I really want a setup that isn't too loud but isn't just stock + drone either. I'd love the definition of a glasspack without the volume.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #11095
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:

So I noticed something... It didn't do this the last 2 times I bled them. Usually with the bleeder open when the pedal is pressed the fluid comes out with some good pressure, well this time when my helper pressed the pedal the fluid kind of leaked out... barely any pressure at all... This would be the booster then I'm assuming?
Booster does nothing until the engine is running. Have helper pump it Till there is resistance, then hold pedal pushed while you crack the bleeder, close it before he runs out of pedal. Pump it up again, do it again.
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #11096
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Seriously should look at a vac setup. You lose no fluid with them, and make no mess, plus there are many repairs they work well for, and tuning on carb engines.
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #11097
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Took her for some light wheeling, just to put her through her paces. Now, whenever the wheel's at lock, it binds and hops. What the hell did I break?

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #11098
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Took her for some light wheeling, just to put her through her paces. Now, whenever the wheel's at lock, it binds and hops. What the hell did I break?
Nothing. U joints do that. Lest ye have CV joints. But I wouldnt worry

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #11099
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

drove it to work with no cooling fan and 9 shingle packs in the back.. luckily i only work 5 min from my house.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #11100
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hope it stops raining, if it does I'm moving my intake up to inside the cowl and making it semi-water tight with silicon.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.