What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 74 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #1096
93CheepGC
1996 ZJ 

Today i blacked out my corner reflectors and eyelids. Also made some progress on my bumper!

93CheepGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #1097
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
put on my cherrybomb turbo, wow, that was a *****. just the muffler off, then couldnt find the right pipe extension, ended up cutting a bunch of slits in a 2 1/4" extension, bending them in and then taking a big rubber mallet and pounding it into the cat. gonna weld it up when i get the chance cause it still leaks a little but man it sounds great! no drone and just a little louder than stock but not much. ill get a vid when i can.

oh, and my stock muffler had a ton of rust holes on top of it..that explains the exhaust leak hahah
I just did the EXACT same except I have a 5.2. Stock muffler was seized on there like crazy, thank god for airhammers

I like it now though (cherrybomb turbo from autozone, $25), my buddy has a 5.2 with a gutted cat and a thrush and its too loud and drones once upto speed. This is almost as loud, sounds good, and doesnt drone at all.
Dyn0mitemat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #1098
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah thats the best part..inside you almost cant hear it
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #1099
jarodewbro16
1995 ZJ 

Spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why my power lock switch wouldn't work on my driver side. Today i tore into the rubber boot that feeds the wires from my door to the body to find corrosion and broken wires.. got it all fixed and my locks are finally fully functional
jarodewbro16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #1100
jarodewbro16
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CheepGC View Post
Today i blacked out my corner reflectors and eyelids. Also made some progress on my bumper!

My zj is a more charcoal gray color.. do you think that the slanted paint on the head light would look good with black on mine?
jarodewbro16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #1101
MN ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodewbro16 View Post
Spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why my power lock switch wouldn't work on my driver side. Today i tore into the rubber boot that feeds the wires from my door to the body to find corrosion and broken wires.. got it all fixed and my locks are finally fully functional
My driver's door actuator doesn't work. Maybe I have the same problem.
The good news is that it makes it harder to lock my keys inside!
-K
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #1102
MN ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Added lights to the front of my cargo basket today. When trying to figure out a mounting system, the solution became all too clear. Pics tomorrow.
-K
Unread 01-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #1103
MN ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
put on my cherrybomb turbo, wow, that was a *****. just the muffler off, then couldnt find the right pipe extension, ended up cutting a bunch of slits in a 2 1/4" extension, bending them in and then taking a big rubber mallet and pounding it into the cat. gonna weld it up when i get the chance cause it still leaks a little but man it sounds great! no drone and just a little louder than stock but not much. ill get a vid when i can.

oh, and my stock muffler had a ton of rust holes on top of it..that explains the exhaust leak hahah
Cool. My stock muffler has, like, three holes in it now. The sad thing is that it now has a really nice tone! I may think about replacing it with the Cherry Turbo, since I hate drone.

AIR--gonna be around anytime soon? I'd like to hear what yours sounds like.
-K
Unread 01-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #1104
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN ZJ View Post
Cool. My stock muffler has, like, three holes in it now. The sad thing is that it now has a really nice tone! I may think about replacing it with the Cherry Turbo, since I hate drone.

-K
I can get a vid of the 5.2 tomorrow if you want
Dyn0mitemat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #1105
MN ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post
I can get a vid of the 5.2 tomorrow if you want
Like!
-K
Unread 01-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #1106
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN ZJ View Post

-K
yeah i just got a 4.0 but besides working all the time and going to school, i am around haha. and yeah, there were atleast 5 holes in my stock muffler not to mention around the input pipe, it was half rusted off.
Unread 01-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #1107
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

93CheepGC. bumper build looks good. any more pics of your zj with teh ravines? i love those rims and wish i could switch over lol
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #1108
93CheepGC
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodewbro16 View Post
My zj is a more charcoal gray color.. do you think that the slanted paint on the head light would look good with black on mine?
Yeah I've seen black eyelids with a different body color, it looks good, especially if you have black wheels.
But you can also get check if Duplicolor makes your exact paint code and paint them gray to match, thats what i would do. Either way it helps get rid of that old school boxy look.
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #1109
93CheepGC
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
93CheepGC. bumper build looks good. any more pics of your zj with teh ravines? i love those rims and wish i could switch over lol
Thanks, i had to hunt them down on Craigslist. Im thinking about powder coating them black but cant decide. Heres an older pic with the wheels

Unread 01-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #1110
MN ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Light pictures

Used the mounts for the wind fairing:

Lights are Pilot Navigators (Hella 500 knockoffs). I just put them on last night and am going to reroute the wiring, since I don't care for it going over the top of the fairing.
-K

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.