What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 737 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 05-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #11041
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
What front brush guard and round ''fog lights'' are those? OMG that is sooo nice

Itís a Waag grille guard, I donít believe they make this type anymore, these on eBay look about the same.
93-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black Brush Grille Guard

The off road lights on the grille guard are HID that I got from AutoZone for about $120 each.

Unread 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #11042
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
Itís a Waag grille guard, I donít believe they make this type anymore, these on eBay look about the same.

The off road lights on the grille guard are HID that I got from AutoZone for about $120 each.
hey Cameleer, "IF" someone wanted to buy your ZJ, and i KNOW youre not selling, how much would you say yes to. Just asking cause she is one sexy *****......

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #11043
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post

Does the brush guard affect the lighting in any way of the headlights? Is there still room to work on the front with the brush guard?

Any night shots with ALL lights on?

Can you still have front tow hooks with the brush guard?

Sorry for all the questions

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #11044
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Does the brush guard affect the lighting in any way of the headlights? Is there still room to work on the front with the brush guard?

Any night shots with ALL lights on?

Can you still have front tow hooks with the brush guard?

Sorry for all the questions
Hereís a photo showing the grille guard and tow hooks. They use some common bolt holes which make it even stronger.

I donít notice any problem with the grille guard blocking the lights, although I do have new headlights with brighter blubs in them and I also leave my fog lights on to help.

I did some custom work to the grille guard making it stronger and also where it sits a little further out from the grille. I can remove my grille without having to remove the grille guard. Before I did this, it was almost touching the hood and grille.
Now it can take far more of an impact without damaging my jeep.

Some people along the 4x4 trail where guessing that I had $30,00 into my jeep, well not yet, but maybe by the end of the year after installing new heavy duty axles with Ox lockers and a built in front winch along with a few other things.
Problem is if I sold it I would have to start all over and build the same thing again.
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #11045
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Wow. Simply amazing. I think you should sell me your brush guard

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #11046
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Don't spend 4-500 on a brush guard that is a fancy light holder when you can get a real bumper for that or a little more. Kevin makes a light bar too.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #11047
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Don't spend 4-500 on a brush guard that is a fancy light holder when you can get a real bumper for that or a little more. Kevin makes a light bar too.
X2
Rlc bumper is 575 to your door.
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #11048
ELMCZJ95

^x3. Btw midnight how did you mount your lights near the windshield like that?
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #11049
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMCZJ95 View Post
^x3. Btw midnight how did you mount your lights near the windshield like that?
J.B. weld
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #11050
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

J.B. weld
Jb weld? The brackets use self tapping tech screws?
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #11051
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

For those that asked, here are some pics (sorry for the crappy quality) of the Durango air hat mod:
img219.jpg   img221.jpg   img222.jpg   img223.jpg   img224.jpg  

comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #11052
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Kind of butchered the hood huh? What did you use to cut it? A chap stick cap will plug that breather port on the air hat nice and snug.
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #11053
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Yeah, I need to find a better cap for the port. For now, the tape seems to be working though. And yeah, I used aviation snips and pipe pliers (for bending things when done) for the hood modding... It got the job done, and my engine bay isn't exactly shiny anyway. The whole mod also cost me a whopping $19 ($5 for the air hat, $14 for the semi-ridgid dryer ducting, carriage bolt and hose clamps). I used the stock rubber connector thingies that sit inside the ends of the factory plastic intake tube to attach the ducting, as it didn't quite fit over the airbox and air hat.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #11054
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
^^^^ x4... I had a brush guard once on another vehicle. The way they all mount is extremely weak and allows them to rotate towards the hood under stress. Hitting the smallest of saplings would be better without it, as when you hit just about anything the brush guard will damage the hood, fenders, lights, etc... no telling how far it will go. If you hit something without it, at least the damage stays contained to the area that came in contact with the obstacle.
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #11055
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Yeah, I need to find a better cap for the port. For now, the tape seems to be working though. And yeah, I used aviation snips and pipe pliers (for bending things when done) for the hood modding... It got the job done, and my engine bay isn't exactly shiny anyway. The whole mod also cost me a whopping $19 ($5 for the air hat, $14 for the semi-ridgid dryer ducting, carriage bolt and hose clamps). I used the stock rubber connector thingies that sit inside the ends of the factory plastic intake tube to attach the ducting, as it didn't quite fit over the airbox and air hat.
Here's mine. I used a dremmel to cut the hole. I put the cap on later. I used tubing I got from pep boys. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...5-9-a-1315001/

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.