What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 736 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #11026
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings

Well DUH! But after a while the sticker-vehicle weight continuum gets all out of wack and throws off your turbo-timer. Unless you wanna start running a higher octane you gotta seek out other options like cold air exhausts and an anti-swirl throttle body space-reducer.
Yeah I just use 110 octane blinker fluid and high performance muffler bearings and it's all good.

Unread 05-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #11027
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckZJ View Post
pics of the trim, and thread and length of bolt please. i have a cold air intake so not worried bout that
I'll try to remember to grab a pic tomorrow. It's a 1/4-20 carriage bolt, which the stock nut threads right onto. I used a 4" one, which I had to bend to clear the hood, and will need to cut so I can take the nut on/off. A 3" one should be perfect.

It definitely helped power a little, although once I get my intake tubing routed straighter it should be a big better. Biggest difference was in sound (still running the stock airbox). It doesn't start howling and whining at 5k+ rpm now, it has a nice, throaty growl right up to my 6k rpm redline.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #11028
ELMCZJ95

a windshield backdrop cylinder that hasnt been cleaned every 34,982 miles can also give you negative performance..
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #11029
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Cameeler

What front brush guard and round ''fog lights'' are those? OMG that is sooo nice

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #11030
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
got back from the beach and my ZJ was running at 210 degrees. Almost never gets there. Found out my taurus efan wires were all melted away. Time to figure out a better way to wire it.

I was running it on 2 40Amp relays sharing the load, but that lasted about 8months. Anybody got a writeup/link to a GREAT way of wiring it. I use my A/C, so it must be able to turn on with the Compressor on. Thanks gents.
I'v heard of this mod. Is this really an e-fan from a Ford Taurus? What is the pro to having it?

Doesn't the stock PCM already turn on the stock fan at xxx°?

Unread 05-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #11031
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
I'v heard of this mod. Is this really an e-fan from a Ford Taurus? What is the pro to having it?

Doesn't the stock PCM already turn on the stock fan at xxx°?
yes, efan from 95 ford taurus.....pulls like 2800-3000 cfm's...

i like the taurus efan cause it keeps your engine cool even on hot summer days. like i said, mine rarely goes close to 210. i have it right now with a temp switch that turns it on at 210, and also rigged up to the A/C clutch so it turns on when the A/C is engaged. A nice setup, but like I said, it melted my wires, fuses, fuseholders, etc...

maybe one of my relays failed and put the whole 70amp draw on the other relay(40amp max). thats what i think happened. any better ways to rig this up????

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #11032
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Find bigger relays. Not sure where to get them (probably have to order some), but you can get 80 amp relays.

And yeah, it's actually a fan from a Taurus. The 5.9 e-fan is actually the Taurus fan in a modified shroud for the most part. And the PCM has absolutely nothing to do with the fan in any ZJ, even the 5.9s (just thermoswitches and relays).
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #11033
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Find bigger relays. Not sure where to get them (probably have to order some), but you can get 80 amp relays.

And yeah, it's actually a fan from a Taurus. The 5.9 e-fan is actually the Taurus fan in a modified shroud for the most part. And the PCM has absolutely nothing to do with the fan in any ZJ, even the 5.9s (just thermoswitches and relays).
ive heard that KJ liberty's have 80amp relays for the efan. is this true. well, if not, ive also heard of people using starter solenoids for the fan. any drawbacks to this, or is this a "fire" waiting to happen..

thanks for the replies guys..

Unread 05-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #11034
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
got back from the beach and my ZJ was running at 210 degrees. Almost never gets there. Found out my taurus efan wires were all melted away. Time to figure out a better way to wire it.

I was running it on 2 40Amp relays sharing the load, but that lasted about 8months. Anybody got a writeup/link to a GREAT way of wiring it. I use my A/C, so it must be able to turn on with the Compressor on. Thanks gents.
I highly recommend a DC Control controller - alternately, they have relay kits that will do what you're doing, and make it strong.

http://www.dccontrol.com/selector.htm

His shipping times have been a bit long in the past, but the quality is beyond top notch.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #11035
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boparunsxc View Post
my right turn signal flashes really fast. I took my jeep into the repair shop and they suggested I buy new fluid... the normal stuff is $234.51 per quart, or should I go for the synthetic for $876.64 per quart? please help!
in all seriousness, the right turn signal that sits underneath the headlight is completely burnt out... what bulb do I need to buy and how do I put the new one in?
You're Welcome

See post #12.. I haven't had one sinlge hyper flash since I replaced all those bulbs back in 2010

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ignals-971725/

Unread 05-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #11036
Taz360ZJ

Fine tuning the 6" lift
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #11037
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
I'll try to remember to grab a pic tomorrow. It's a 1/4-20 carriage bolt, which the stock nut threads right onto. I used a 4" one, which I had to bend to clear the hood, and will need to cut so I can take the nut on/off. A 3" one should be perfect.

It definitely helped power a little, although once I get my intake tubing routed straighter it should be a big better. Biggest difference was in sound (still running the stock airbox). It doesn't start howling and whining at 5k+ rpm now, it has a nice, throaty growl right up to my 6k rpm redline.
awesome thanks
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #11038
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
I highly recommend a DC Control controller - alternately, they have relay kits that will do what you're doing, and make it strong.

http://www.dccontrol.com/selector.htm

His shipping times have been a bit long in the past, but the quality is beyond top notch.
wow, nice products. really thinking about hitting "submit order". ill do more research and then decide...

thanks alot, very helpful...

Unread 05-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #11039
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

little bit of what im up to....

added some more to the front cage and finished the fenders ( no pics of the steel plating that i made for the fenders yet .. sorry )

also next weekend im going to weld on the currie antirock if all goes as planned

more pictures to come next weekend

JUST PRIMER ... havnt decided on a color for the cagework yet.. either the gunmetal still..or an olive drab green or all black

[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #11040
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Spent a billion hours trying to fix my non-opening door. Got it open, then my battery decided it was finally dead to rights, so I went and got a new battery ($130, Jesus!) then tried to do a patch to resecure the latch to the door metal, enough to keep the door working until I can afford a new one. Got some Quiksteel in there and let it set. Idea was, I'd be gentle opening and closing it so it'd hold for a few days, or a week or something. Then, it came time to move the Jeep off Scott's driveway, and I absentmindedly slam the door shut, ripping the quiksteel out. So now, it won't stay shut. Borrowed a bungee cable from Scott to get home. Screw it, tomorrow, I'm getting that green Laredo door and swapping them out. Might as well blow the money for a new muffler while I'm at it.

I do NOT need this right now.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.