What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 733 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #10981
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Got rid if my DW by putting in a MooG SSD107 . love it hit every bridge in town and the one on I75 that always gets me at 70mph....I sure its just hiding the real problem but its gone ..and it came with no stickers so I SHARPIED it lol

forumrunner_20120506_100226.jpg   forumrunner_20120506_100242.jpg  
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #10982
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
Our county has gone to chit lately and I finally got to the court house to renew my concealed weapons permit.

I needed something small that I could carry in my front pocket, so I broke down and bought a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard with built in laser sites.

Some people will complain that it's only a .380, but it will stop someone in their tracks.

I'm very pleased with it so far:

I've shot one of those a few times. They're quite fun. .380 is better than not having one at all. I get crap for my LCP at times, but I still dare someone to stand in front of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #10983
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

This is a great little inexpensive CC and very accurate. LC9 380 or 9mm.
picture-12.png   picture-13.jpg  
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #10984
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
finally got around to removing the pucks from the lift. she rides so much better now, and picks up speed faster. The smaller 32's also helped her shed some unwanted pounds...

Looks great. I can't really tell that it's smaller in the pic.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #10985
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Looks great. I can't really tell that it's smaller in the pic.
That's what she said

OT
tearing the headliner out and seeing if I can get that xj skid on
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #10986
smokeyeager
1993 ZJ 

I finally got around to mounting my 19DX IV up front and my 102" in the back. I went with a 12" mount bolted to the rear bumper and cut a slot in the rear bumper fascia for it to slide through. The whip has a nice standoff distance from the back of the ZJ so it doesn't hit no matter how hard it swings.

Eventually I'm going to pull the VIC display from the center console (AWD doesn't need it lol) and mount the CB in it's place. Mounting it here I can also hold a drink between the CB and the seat like it's an extra cup holder.

The 4 holes next to it are from the PO. I routed the wire that way so I would still have easy access to the fuse holder. The cable and wire run into a hole in the carpet next to the seat(left by PO) and into the wire channels to run to the battery and the mount respectively.

I checked out a lot of mounts and locations and decided to go with this. The standoff distance between the whip and the ZJ protect the paint (no tennis ball needed) and also allows me to open my lift gate without the whip being in the way. I've pulled the tip of the whip back and down well below the roof-line and released it and it made no contact with the Jeep.
Own a Grand Cherokee? Click Here. [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeepforum-grand-cherokee-member-locations-1162687"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeepforum-grand-cherokee-member-locations-1162687[/URL]
smokeyeager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #10987
rainman19154
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post

That's what she said
hahhhaaahhaha an old shtick but still a great gag.

Like read any fortune cookie and then ad "in bed" to the end. Usually good for a laugh.
rainman19154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #10988
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Adjusted my exhaust hangers to kill the rattles, and ordered up a Novak-Adapt cable shift linkage kit. Time to get rid of the factory s**t style rattly junky linkage.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #10989
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

put $75 in fuel in it ahhhh
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #10990
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyeager
I finally got around to mounting my 19DX IV up front and my 102" in the back. I went with a 12" mount bolted to the rear bumper and cut a slot in the rear bumper fascia for it to slide through. The whip has a nice standoff distance from the back of the ZJ so it doesn't hit no matter how hard it swings.

Eventually I'm going to pull the VIC display from the center console (AWD doesn't need it lol) and mount the CB in it's place. Mounting it here I can also hold a drink between the CB and the seat like it's an extra cup holder.

The 4 holes next to it are from the PO. I routed the wire that way so I would still have easy access to the fuse holder. The cable and wire run into a hole in the carpet next to the seat(left by PO) and into the wire channels to run to the battery and the mount respectively.

I checked out a lot of mounts and locations and decided to go with this. The standoff distance between the whip and the ZJ protect the paint (no tennis ball needed) and also allows me to open my lift gate without the whip being in the way. I've pulled the tip of the whip back and down well below the roof-line and released it and it made no contact with the Jeep.
It's not in the way of opening the hatch at all?
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #10991
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS

It looks like the cut out for the tail lights would just miss it.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #10992
V8jeepinVA
too much to list

1998 ZJ 

I mounted my 102" with a heavy spring on the body behind the fuel door seems to do great there with no problems and its easy to bend it over and slide it under the roof rack for parking garages and all. Has the military Humvee antenna look when tied down

I finally put in a new passenger front window today broke it on a trail now just need to get it tinted

And soon drop in a built 360 similar to this one I put in my 95 ram

1282957593165.jpg

Edit: Not sure why I have 3 of the same pic but that's not my 98 its my 97 where lift is coming off and going on 98 (maybe)
forumrunner_20120506_154226.jpg   forumrunner_20120506_154316.jpg   forumrunner_20120506_154523.jpg  
V8jeepinVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #10993
smokeyeager
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
No. The mount itself is 12" long. I picked it up at http://www.walcottcb.com/fm121-flat-...ath=28_353_434

I pulled off the rear bumper fascia and mounted it to the metal bumper using 4 grade 8 bolts and nuts below the taillight. I mounted the whip to the mount first and used a c-clamp to hold it to the frame while I positioned it so it would be inside the area on the hatch cut out for the taillight.

When the hatch is all the way up the whip barely touches it. It might barely touch a little here and there as it opens but it doesn't bend all over the place like I have seen others do.
Own a Grand Cherokee? Click Here. [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeepforum-grand-cherokee-member-locations-1162687"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeepforum-grand-cherokee-member-locations-1162687[/URL]
smokeyeager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #10994
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok
put $75 in fuel in it ahhhh
I put 72.01 in mine. How much per gallon was yours?
Unread 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #10995
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I put 72.01 in mine. How much per gallon was yours?
I put 89 in this time so 4.05

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.