What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 731 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #10951
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I'm sure most of the issues I saw with them were because of the way my buddies drove their "supercharged" Grand Prix's. Most of those cars now, in my area, have found their way into Gary. If there's a heaven and a hell for cars, the JY is heaven and Gary is hell...

I painted the roof rails on my Jeep today with some leftover plasti-dip and also painted the windshield wiper arms, both were absent of factory paint.

JColee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #10952
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JColee View Post

I painted the roof rails on my Jeep today with some leftover plasti-dip and also painted the windshield wiper arms, both were absent of factory paint.
Another one of Americas third world cities.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #10953
Treleaven
1997 ZJ 

Deleted the Gold pinstripping by covering it with black pinstripping. I am happy with how it looks from a distance but up close its noticable if your looking for it. It is an amazing temporary fix, now I just need to get rid of the rest of the gold.

Last edited by Treleaven; 05-05-2012 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: forgot picture
Treleaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #10954
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Another one of Americas third world cities.
Literally. It's actually pretty sad driving around seeing what used to be affluent all borded up, burned down, vandalized, etc. It's a pretty hard reality check knowing that it's 5-10 miles from my house.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #10955
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Literally. It's actually pretty sad driving around seeing what used to be affluent all borded up, burned down, vandalized, etc. It's a pretty hard reality check knowing that it's 5-10 miles from my house.
I would be armed to the teeth living near that. You know Detroit used to be called the Paris of the west. Now it looks like the set from Escape From New York.
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #10956
rainman19154
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
Did U use the discount for that ?
You could have got this for 60 bucks, Dual Electronics 50 x 4 Channel 200W Receiver with USB iPod Control and AUX Input.
I did use a code. But I had to get shipped to my house. None of the local stores actually had it in stock, even though the system said they did. The initial total, including the wiring harness kit, was just over $50. I think the discount took off $20, but then the shipping upped it by $10
I special ordered an item today: available online for $9 but they wanted $8 to ship it. I went to my local store and had them order it. I won't get it until Thurs but I don't have to pay the shipping. I don't know how well that maneuver would work for the deck, since the system showed so many of them on the shelves in my area stores.
I've used the Jeep club account for a few items but they were all small tool purchases and it was literally 30-40 cents that I saved on each item. Hardly worth the issue of having the counter guy look it up.

As for the deck I chose, it's just fine. It came with a remote that is now stowed in the glove box with it's original protective plastic still intact.
We're warned not to text or use a phone while driving, but it's OK to be distracted by a remote control? I totally don't get that.
rainman19154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #10957
chetzar
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treleaven View Post
Deleted the Gold pinstripping by covering it with black pinstripping. I am happy with how it looks from a distance but up close its noticable if your looking for it. It is an amazing temporary fix, now I just need to get rid of the rest of the gold.

What pin striping did you use to cover the gold? I've been wanting to remove my gold pin striping, but its under the clear, and would much prefer like a solid black stripe.
chetzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #10958
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Just go to the auto store. They should have a bunch of different colored pin striping.
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #10959
Treleaven
1997 ZJ 

I found the slimmest black pinstripping and covered each stripe on its own. Didnt want to risk the thicker black not being thick enough.
Treleaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #10960
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I would be armed to the teeth living near that. You know Detroit used to be called the Paris of the west. Now it looks like the set from Escape From New York.
It's safe where I'm at... Knock on wood. The closest part of Gary is right about 6 miles away. Not all of Gary is terribly tough. Most of the real bad areas are 10+ miles away. Then you've also got parts of East Chicago and parts of Hammond that are gang infested that are pretty close too. After that, it's a stone's throw to the south side of the Chi. There's some not so nice areas there too. I'm sure Vegas has some tougher outlying areas as well.
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #10961
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
It's safe where I'm at... Knock on wood. The closest part of Gary is right about 6 miles away. Not all of Gary is terribly tough. Most of the real bad areas are 10+ miles away. Then you've also got parts of East Chicago and parts of Hammond that are gang infested that are pretty close too. After that, it's a stone's throw to the south side of the Chi. There's some not so nice areas there too. I'm sure Vegas has some tougher outlying areas as well.
Yes. East Vegas from the middle on up is nasty and dangerous. It's mostly Hispanic. The kind that look like they were in Training Day during the bath tub scene. The middle above the airport is all AA and should be avoided like the plague. There was just a double homicide/rape here when this homey high on PCP and other drugs broke in and offed this Hispanic family with a claw hammer. The father is still recovering but his wife and ten year old daughter are gone. There was absolutely no motive for the crime.
Everyone packs heat around here. The southern part is still ok and the west side isn't gone yet. We live in the N.W. corner right on the edge of town and it's getting kind of ghetto but it doesn't look like it because the houses are still new. There is a bat and shotgun next to my bed.
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #10962
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Yes. East Vegas from the middle on up is nasty and dangerous. It's mostly Hispanic. The kind that look like they were in Training Day during the bath tub scene. The middle above the airport is all AA and should be avoided like the plague. There was just a double homicide/rape here when this homey high on PCP and other drugs broke in and offed this Hispanic family with a claw hammer. The father is still recovering but his wife and ten year old daughter are gone. There was absolutely no motive for the crime.
Everyone packs heat around here. The southern part is still ok and the west side isn't gone yet. We live in the N.W. corner right on the edge of town and it's getting kind of ghetto but it doesn't look like it because the houses are still new. There is a bat and shotgun next to my bed.
I don't have a gun but it's been on my "to buy list." I'd like to get a concealed weapon permit first though so I could just keep it on me. I don't frequent bad areas, but there have been a handful of times I wish I had one just for comfort. When my daughter arrives this fall, I'll probably end up with something just to keep in the house for protection.
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #10963
rainman19154
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Hahaha Philadelphia isn't sounding so bad. Black youth shooting Black youth is the main issue here.
rainman19154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #10964
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

You guys are making me feel lucky. The only crime left in Dallas is drug-related stuff or immigration issues, with the occasional shooting.

Of course, it is true what they say about people and guns in Texas. That might have something to do with it.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #10965
cweyer
1993 ZJ 

put on my lift today
cweyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.