What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 729 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #10921
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

You guys should get a room............

Unread 05-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #10922
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
Ever had a second opinion on the tune? From the mods you did I'd think you should be faster than the stock time so the only variable left would be a tune. This happens alot to ricers where the torque curve isn't smooth so you end up *feeling* faster but the trap speeds say it all.

Back on topic... nothing yet... gonna take a look at it later and if I decide to be it's owner, then they'll probably be lots to do.
I haven't. I'm going to have my tuner play around with a few things and see what extra we can pull out of it. The torque curve is pretty broad (definitely better than stock), as it pulls harder lugging along at 1200 rpm that it ever used to, and it also winds up a lot better on the top end.

I think my big issue is just waiting too late into the power dropoff to have it shift (dropoff starts at 5000, falls off a cliff at 5300 - 5400). I'm having the shift points backed off from 5400 to 5200 to see if that helps smooth out the power delivery.

It probably also wasn't helping that it was about 90% humidity last night, combined with a decent bit of waiting between runs to allow the intake manifold to heat soak horribly. It's definitely quicker on the street that it was stock, but in track use where it's sitting before a run, it ends up feeling sluggish (felt slower on the track than it did when I beat on it a bit heading down there). Not having exhaust manifold heat shields on it probably doesn't help either.

The cam is a Comp 20-744-9 (206/212 .480/.480 on a 112 LSA). I'm seeing .512" lift out of it due to the 1.7 rockers. It's not a big cam, but certainly a huge improvement over stock. The heads are Enginequest Iron Rams with 2.02 intake valves and flow a decent bit better than stock.

To get back on topic, I think I'm going to try foil wrapping the fuel rails today, and I'm going to figure out a non-airflow-blocking way to load some ice packs into the bottom of the airbox for next time to see if I can cool the intake air enough to counter some of the heat soak. I'm also taking it junkyard hunting today.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #10923
xbeakerx
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Would you by chance have a sound clip?
Here it is

Unread 05-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #10924
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbeakerx
Yup, sounds exactly like mine!
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #10925
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Sounds like my *** after taco night

OT
Drove to a Klub meeting and bought an full coverage xj skid for the fuel tank
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #10926
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
Sounds like my *** after taco night

OT
Drove to a Klub meeting and bought an full coverage xj skid for the fuel tank
I just spit coffee all over my laptop, thanks

It's super hard to get a V8 rumble with a straight six. Out of all I've heard this one is probably the best

ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #10927
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

sounds like poo ^^^^ that sound would be so annoying at highway speeds

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #10928
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbo1Kanerbo View Post
sounds like poo ^^^^ that sound would be so annoying at highway speeds
You know what's annoying at freeway speed? My exploded OE muffler. Just this 110dB droning in the cabin for however long you're driving. Anything is better than that.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #10929
Pattywagon92

I redid my headliner which was a PITA. I used material insead of fabric. Looks better than old hanging liner.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Pattywagon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #10930
ELMCZJ95

Ordered a set of Lightforce 170 Strikers to match the 240 Blitz
Unread 05-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #10931
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Painted my rockers red. Then had to go save a ford ranger from a rut that I drove through fine at 3am.

Silly truck owners.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #10932
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post

Painted my rockers red. Then had to go save a ford ranger from a rut that I drove through fine at 3am.

Silly truck owners.
Where is B.A. Baracus hiding at?????
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #10933
Fixins13
1997 ZJ 

Went to the junk yard for a horn since the low-tone on mine quit. Found a mint-condition Laredo front bumper cover (mine has a big chunk taken out of it) but it's the wrong color (light grey) and it doesn't have the fog light cutouts so I gotta fix that. The only problem was the wreck I got my bumper off was resting her chin on the ground in a mud puddle. In fact, all the ZJ's were. The horn is tucked up under in front of the passenger wheel. I was taking one more quick pass down the ZJ's and I spotted a WJ that had its guts ripped out but I was betting the horns were still there and they were so I grabbed them and as much wiring as I could get. The yard wanted $75 for the bumper and threw in the horns for nothing. I ended up having to take most of my bumper cover off anyway to get to the bolt for the horn since the captured nut broke free. I had to drill-out the holes in ZJ bracket for mounting the WJ horns (Bosch) and I spliced the new wires onto the old wires with heat-shrink butt connectors after I cut the ZJ connectors off. Next weekend I'll paint the bumper and install it. My Jeep is very horny.
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #10934
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixins13 View Post
Went to the junk yard for a horn since the low-tone on mine quit. Found a mint-condition Laredo front bumper cover (mine has a big chunk taken out of it) but it's the wrong color (light grey) and it doesn't have the fog light cutouts so I gotta fix that. The only problem was the wreck I got my bumper off was resting her chin on the ground in a mud puddle. In fact, all the ZJ's were. The horn is tucked up under in front of the passenger wheel. I was taking one more quick pass down the ZJ's and I spotted a WJ that had its guts ripped out but I was betting the horns were still there and they were so I grabbed them and as much wiring as I could get. The yard wanted $75 for the bumper and threw in the horns for nothing. I ended up having to take most of my bumper cover off anyway to get to the bolt for the horn since the captured nut broke free. I had to drill-out the holes in ZJ bracket for mounting the WJ horns (Bosch) and I spliced the new wires onto the old wires with heat-shrink butt connectors after I cut the ZJ connectors off. Next weekend I'll paint the bumper and install it. My Jeep is very horny.
$75 for a bumper...mother of god
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #10935
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post

Silly truck owners.
reminds me of night rider
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.