What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 717 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Reply
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #10741
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
Went to the stealership today to get a quote on the keyless remote. $246.15!!! And they still have to program it. No thanks. Ill find a cheaper way...
which one 93-95 or 96-98? 93-95 you can program easily yourself 96-98 i got a extra working one I'll sell ya cheap

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #10742
paulyboy
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Randolph, NJ
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
Went to the stealership today to get a quote on the keyless remote. $246.15!!! And they still have to program it. No thanks. Ill find a cheaper way...
Dam dealerships- my 2004 gto has a funky key thats reverse cut with the remote attached to it. I got quoted at something like 350.00 for just the remote/key not inc the programming. I feel your pain...

Squazz On the broken key thing my friend had the same thing happen to his ford F-150. He uses the broken key to put it in the right position then hits the start button he wired up. Its funny that the key turns the ignition but wont start it. Not sure if its a ford thing or if he had more key on the non broken side?
__________________
ENTER WITTY COMMENT HERE ________________
paulyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #10743
pincheburro956
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz

which one 93-95 or 96-98? 93-95 you can program easily yourself 96-98 i got a extra working one I'll sell ya cheap
94. Ill research it and try to find one localy and program it myself...

squazz, is there a site that tells you how to program it...thankz.
__________________
"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #10744
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,275
Replaced my hatch bumpers for the millionth time since I've owned the ZJ. Never can seem to get more than 6 months from a set...
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #10745
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Replaced my hatch bumpers for the millionth time since I've owned the ZJ. Never can seem to get more than 6 months from a set...
I thought I was the only one. The factory ones were shot when I got it. I finally got around to replacing them sometime either last fall or over the winter, I don't remember exactly when. They already need to be replaced. I wonder if I can get a set of OEM ones at a dealer... Maybe they'd last a little longer.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2/242, 4" lift, 31s, locked, armored
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #10746
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I thought I was the only one. The factory ones were shot when I got it. I finally got around to replacing them sometime either last fall or over the winter, I don't remember exactly when. They already need to be replaced. I wonder if I can get a set of OEM ones at a dealer... Maybe they'd last a little longer.
And I thought I was the only one... I've gotten to the point where I tack a pair of them onto every rockauto order I make...
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #10747
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 2,306
I tried to troubleshoot my continuing engine issue. Re-secured the PCM connectors, but it still had trouble. Only between 140-160F on the temp gauge, though. Cold, it's fine, hot, it's fine, but as soon as it hits 140, it misses, stumbles, and dies. If it happens while it's moving at speed, it usually backfires. It's eaten 2 mufflers since I got it.

Doesn't seem to matter what my throttle position is, and it idles fine (except for occasional misses), so I don't think it's related to any topside senors. Any ideas, apart from replacing my PCM? (I plan on doing that when some money comes my way, but I don't know if it's just the PCM that's causing this)
__________________
1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #10748
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
And I thought I was the only one... I've gotten to the point where I tack a pair of them onto every rockauto order I make...
There cheap enough if you do it that way. You know you you drive a ZJ when you order from RockAuto on a consistant basis. Lol.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2/242, 4" lift, 31s, locked, armored
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #10749
samsonitesamson
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
94. Ill research it and try to find one localy and program it myself...

squazz, is there a site that tells you how to program it...thankz.
keylessride.com they sell them for about $50, and the website will tell you how to program it.
__________________
When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee ~ Isaiah 43:2 ~



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #10750
chetzar
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonitesamson View Post
keylessride.com they sell them for about $50, and the website will tell you how to program it.
I did this, aside from it being "carbon fiber" patterned, it seems like a well built remote (i've had mine for 6 months or so)
chetzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #10751
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
I'm going to lift it 3in sometime. Still need the lift. Fix some rust issues, remove the cladding altogether. And paint it black the hood and roof are terrible with. NO paint left. Probably just rattle can it.how would I do it?and what paint should I use
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #10752
SNAPSP22
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 15
Well it is the day after I got my 98ZJ transmission bands adjusted and all I can say is WOW!!! It is like night and day.Nice clean shifts and no lagging going uphill.Oh and the cost went from $705.10 to get this $634.99 a $70.01 savings at the dealership can you believe it.
SNAPSP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #10753
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot
I'm going to lift it 3in sometime. Still need the lift. Fix some rust issues, remove the cladding altogether. And paint it black the hood and roof are terrible with. NO paint left. Probably just rattle can it.how would I do it?and what paint should I use
I just used a 3m scuff pad, then rattled it with the cheap paint from fleet farm. Worked amazingly, but if you miss anyplace with the scuff it will wash off. Basically wash it a week or two later, rescuff those areas and respray them.
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #10754
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: , WA
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPSP22 View Post
Well it is the day after I got my 98ZJ transmission bands adjusted and all I can say is WOW!!! It is like night and day.Nice clean shifts and no lagging going uphill.Oh and the cost went from $705.10 to get this $634.99 a $70.01 savings at the dealership can you believe it.
you paid $630 for a dealership to adjust your bands?
__________________
1996 ZJ Limited 5.2
2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
E-rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #10755
mrcox757
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 4
I watched mine sit broken in the parking lot. Lol.
mrcox757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door latch
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.