What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 713 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Reply
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #10681
chetzar
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 122
You will have to pardon the iPhone 3gs picture, but I finally put my headliner back in. It's been out of the jeep for two weeks (working on it periodically) to have the old/stained/sagging fabric removed and replaced with something....not so stock.

photo.jpg  
chetzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #10682
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetzar
You will have to pardon the iPhone 3gs picture, but I finally put my headliner back in. It's been out of the jeep for two weeks (working on it periodically) to have the old/stained/sagging fabric removed and replaced with something....not so stock.
Mine needs done. I'm thinking this. That is sweet
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #10683
BrandonLong
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Posts: 168
I tinted my front windows today:



__________________
-Brandon
BrandonLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #10684
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
I'm really thinking about debadging my doors. What do you guys think?
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #10685
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 15,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I'm really thinking about debadging my doors. What do you guys think?
People won't know it's a Jeep if you do that. They may mistake it for civic with all the blue leds.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #10686
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
People won't know it's a Jeep if you do that. They may mistake it for civic with all the blue leds.

iceman strikes once again....
__________________
"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #10687
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetzar View Post
You will have to pardon the iPhone 3gs picture, but I finally put my headliner back in. It's been out of the jeep for two weeks (working on it periodically) to have the old/stained/sagging fabric removed and replaced with something....not so stock.
hey chetzar, where did you get the material for this....realtree right??
__________________
"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #10688
Cameleer
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ventura, California
Posts: 872
Got my jeep loaded up with camping gear and photography equipment for an early morning departure (hopefully 4am) for the 3 day Mojave Road trip.
Even loaded up my skull and crossbones flag to put on the roof rack when I get there.

I'm doing this trip solo which is highly not recommended but there's no one who can take off and go with me.

For times like this is one of the reasons I put so much work into my jeep, if it breaks down I'm in for a long walk.
Actually I wouldn't go far from the jeep, maybe hike up to a hilltop where my phone will work.
and I'm taking 6 days of supplies with my for this 3 day trip.

I will also be checking in daily with a friend when getting to high ground.
I have a satellite phone but the battery is bad and I need a new charger. I will have to move that to the top of my to do list.
__________________
Only those who will risk going too far
can possibly find out how far one can go.
Cameleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #10689
Pattywagon92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Joplin, Mo
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
Got my jeep loaded up with camping gear and photography equipment for an early morning departure (hopefully 4am) for the 3 day Mojave Road trip.
Even loaded up my skull and crossbones flag to put on the roof rack when I get there.

I'm doing this trip solo which is highly not recommended but there's no one who can take off and go with me.

For times like this is one of the reasons I put so much work into my jeep, if it breaks down I'm in for a long walk.
Actually I wouldn't go far from the jeep, maybe hike up to a hilltop where my phone will work.
and I'm taking 6 days of supplies with my for this 3 day trip.

I will also be checking in daily with a friend when getting to high ground.
I have a satellite phone but the battery is bad and I need a new charger. I will have to move that to the top of my to do list.

Be careful out there i went wheelin solo in my old xj and got stuck. I was stranded for a few hours but i was close to town but the boonies is a diffrent storu
Pattywagon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #10690
chetzar
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
hey chetzar, where did you get the material for this....realtree right??
Aye, it is RealTree AP fabric. It ran me $13/yard, and required 3 yards (including center console which I cut from excess hanging over the back of the headliner)
chetzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 02:58 AM   #10691
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,694
1.5" spacers (cheapo ones from advanced) and 31s (got all four for 80 bucks).





Then I went off roading.
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #10692
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

People won't know it's a Jeep if you do that. They may mistake it for civic with all the blue leds.
Ouch.the front would stay on if I did. But I idont think I'll do it
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #10693
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 15,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Ouch.the front would stay on if I did. But I idont think I'll do it
I took all of the badges off my 95 but the hood badge and painted that the same color as the Jeep. I had to get rid of that gold. No gold it looked fine. I painted the rims black later.
4.5-32-.jpg   32s.jpg  
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #10694
gabrod72
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,395
Finally got around to ordering a spare tire for it.... (OUCH!) Only $256!!! Pricey for sure, but hey, it's got kevlar right? Anyway, pretty happy that I'll have a 5th just in case. Good timing too as I plan to rotate the spare into the mix as soon as I hit 2k on my MT/Rs.
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #10695
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 15,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
Finally got around to ordering a spare tire for it.... (OUCH!) Only $256!!! Pricey for sure, but hey, it's got kevlar right? Anyway, pretty happy that I'll have a 5th just in case. Good timing too as I plan to rotate the spare into the mix as soon as I hit 2k on my MT/Rs.
How do you know they put the kevlar in it? I suggest you test it out by shooting it first.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door latch
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.