Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#14,167 ·
dunkeye11 said:
I always wonder what would happen to my jeep if they hit my trailer
Like would it jump up and punch threw the liftgate?
Things I wonder
Mine, pushed in the end cap a bit, some paint transfer and scratches on the bumper. He was going maybe 15-20 mph (guessing) seeing how i was stopped and when i looked in the rear view all i could see was his wind shield in it

Attachments

#14,170 ·
I put one small computer fan on my auxiliary tranny cooler didn't no really if it would do anything so i drove it 30 miles and supriseingly I noticed about 2 -4 degree drop so i thought what about 2 fans on it litterly 6 degrees cooler off two free computer fans. That's awesome. Wired up 12 volts fan running at 2500 rpm at 13 volts x2.

Attachments

#14,171 ·
I put one small computer fan on my auxiliary tranny cooler didn't no really if it would do anything so i drove it 30 miles and supriseingly I noticed about 2 -4 degree drop so i thought what about 2 fans on it litterly 6 degrees cooler off two free computer fans. That's awesome. Wired up 12 volts fan running at 2500 rpm at 13 volts x2.
Can you take some pics of that with the grill off and the wiring? I have been trying to find a way to fit a decent size fan in that spot but none are thin enough without cutting things.

#14,172 ·
Atleast they are non-led computer fans .... That would have looked interesting :drool:

#14,173 ·
Can you take some pics of that with the grill off and the wiring? I have been trying to find a way to fit a decent size fan in that spot but none are thin enough without cutting things.
I would recommend something a little more heavy duty that can also stand getting wet, try doing a search for ATV Fans.
Like here on Amazon

Or here on eBay

#14,175 ·
PolkaPower said:
Yep that looks good. Looks like I'll be chopping up the Niner grill to fit it in there!
Yea I will tom in day light its a three wire fan just ran the white and red together the fan ran faster that way its all ran to a 40 amp relay to a switch in the truck. I thought you guys would say it wouldn't work lol. And i didn't cut or even really attach the fans no screws just strapped in with a couple zip ties.

#14,176 ·
I would recommend something a little more heavy duty that can also stand getting wet, try doing a search for ATV Fans.
Like here on Amazon

Or here on eBay
With the cooler that's .75" and then removing half of the metal brace and one bar of the header there is about 2 1/8" to fit a fan in there and that will be touching the grill probably. I saw some 6" fans that were only two inches thick some place on line but I forgot where.

I was just kidding about cutting up the niner grill.

#14,177 ·
With the cooler that's .75" and then removing half of the metal brace and one bar of the header there is about 2 1/8" to fit a fan in there and that will be touching the grill probably. I saw some 6" fans that were only two inches thick some place on line but I forgot where.

I was just kidding about cutting up the niner grill.
And here I was going to volunteer to bring a saw over and take pictures while you cut away at it.
Here's a 7" X 2" fan

BTW, those tarpaper pieces that go on each side of the radiator cost $16.95 ea.
I just ordered one today that was missing so I will have it when installing my new Ron Davis radiator.

#14,179 ·
Cameleer said:
And here I was going to volunteer to bring a saw over and take pictures while you cut away at it.
Here's a 7" X 2" fan

BTW, those tarpaper pieces that go on each side of the radiator cost $16.95 ea.
I just ordered one today that was missing so I will have it when installing my new Ron Davis radiator.
What are those for anyways I just left them off.