Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#14,082 ·
Put a new power brake valve on today god you gotta love those 5 dollar fixes. Noticed my brakes were smokeing this morning that valve was leaking air like crazy. Ok so i did an upper gasket kit this past weekend (blown head gasket) put it all back together changed the oil and plugs and i still have a slight misfire on cylinder 4 anybody have any suggestions it runs fine on the road just a lil jumpy when I come to a stop.

#14,084 ·
Found out last week that my starter cable is pretty much done. Dropped the starter today, cleaned everything up, and still no-go. I can hear the gear engaging, but no spin :brickwall:

Shot an email to Jeepers and Creepers for a totally new (massive) cable set. We'll see if the wallet (or the wife) bite me in the butt :laugh:

For now though, it's stuck on the ramps. Can't get it started without jumping the solenoid :(

#14,085 ·
Ok...2" BB came in the mail this week from Rocky Outfitters Instructions seem different from others I saw but WTH... the instructions call for 2-4 hours install... well 4.5 install for the front. I wound up getting loaner strut compressers from O'reiley. made it easier.. for me it was a tool issue. Looks great. tomorrow I will hit the rear... pics to follow

#14,087 ·
SDHarleydad said:
Ok...2" BB came in the mail this week from Rocky Outfitters Instructions seem different from others I saw but WTH... the instructions call for 2-4 hours install... well 4.5 install for the front. I wound up getting loaner strut compressers from O'reiley. made it easier.. for me it was a tool issue. Looks great. tomorrow I will hit the rear... pics to follow
Rear should take you maybe half an hour.

#14,088 ·
Cat wait to see it.

OT: FINALLY put my adj. lower control arms on front/rear. Still gotta buy the uppers though. I also did an oil change and tire rotation.

#14,089 ·
Committed to painting the grizzly wheels on my 95 Moss Green Pearl. I painted the spare first to see how I liked the results and I am going to go ahead with it. Two completed (minus a full day to dry) and then I will mount those and jack up the other side to do the last two. I wish I had taken pictures before hand of the pitted lip and corroded clearcoat under the wheel weights. I was able to sand away 95% of the damage and they look alot better now. I ordered one can of basecoat and 1 can of clear. I think I will have enough basecoat to do all 5 wheels (atleast I hope), but I am almost out of clear and still have two more wheels to go. I will stop and get 1 more can tomorrow. Opinions on the look?

Attachments

#14,091 ·
What size are those pizza cutters? Never mind I just read your sig. they are the same size I'm running. They look bigger in those pics. Do you have wheel spacers?
yeah. 1.5" rough country wheel spacers. my buddy has a WJ with a 4" lift and same size AT tires but my tires look bigger than his.

#14,095 ·
Yesterday I finally got around to installing my mountain of parts that I had piling up. Here's my install... And I have a question

WJ Intake Manifold
Header
Bosch "703" Injectors
Vlave Cover Gasket
PCV Valves (front/rear) W/New Grommets.

Now for my question. Since I did my header/intake, why won't my cruise control work? I put the cables back on the same way they came off..

#14,098 ·
bananaslug said:
Can't answer your question, but how was your butt dyno after the bolt-ons?
Well the idle was much, much smoother and crisper and more responsive. Off the line the jeep is way more responsive, and now on the hwy it feels like it has some power to pass with out having to downshift.

Now I can't wait to finish my exhaust. It's gonna be 2.5" from the header collector all the way out back. Going to run a MagnaFlow metallic spun cat. As for a muffler, haven't figured that one out just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#14,099 ·
Also since I did my intake swap, along with my cruise control not working, now my vents don't blow correctly. It blows all out the top as if I have the setting on defrost. I cannot get it to blow start at me or towards my feet.

Do I vacuum hooked up wrong?? Please help!

#14,100 ·
torchd said:
Also since I did my intake swap, along with my cruise control not working, now my vents don't blow correctly. It blows all out the top as if I have the setting on defrost. I cannot get it to blow start at me or towards my feet.

Do I vacuum hooked up wrong?? Please help!
Sounds like you do, when I did a tune up on mine I accidently cracked a couple very fragile vaccine lines. One of the was the cruise control and I had similar malfunctions in my dash. Here's how I fixed. The first pic is where the vacuum enters the cabin for air control. The second is where I found my cracks...

Attachments