What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 700 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Reply
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #10486
98zjkidd
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: south berwick, Me
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyboy
finally painted my cladding
Really liking the look of the trimmed rear bumper. Thumbs-up

98zjkidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #10487
97TSiguy
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 35
Replaced the AC Accumilator and re-charged! Blowing ice cold, and ready for CA summer commute's and adventures. 200,000 miles and everything works like new, I love my Jeep and she never lets me down. AAA road side has been a Terrible investment, have'nt even locked myself out or ran out of gas. If you hate tow trucks buy a Jeep and take care of it!
97TSiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #10488
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
I think the attachment would work great if stuck in rocks. You could jack your tires and place rocks under them. As far as the muffler the quality of those usually sucks, never heard a 6 cylinder gas through one. My dad has a strait pipe on his 6 cylinder gas.

On the limit straps fleet farm has 30s for $7. I'll make them work for that price.
image-2683344674.jpg   image-2146529094.jpg  
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #10489
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x
I think the attachment would work great if stuck in rocks. You could jack your tires and place rocks under them. As far as the muffler the quality of those usually sucks, never heard a 6 cylinder gas through one. My dad has a strait pipe on his 6 cylinder gas.

On the limit straps fleet farm has 30s for $7. I'll make them work for that price.
My grandpa did somthin like this back in the 80s. I wish he wouldn't have gotten rid of it. I'm not sure how he tied the clutch throttle and shifter together. But I know it had somesort of mechanical kill switch in case the front throttle quit working with the rear. I will have to get a picture of it sometime
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #10490
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
My gramps was a moline dealer and the back tractor is a one of one serial number x he was supposed to destroy, so he put the other one on the front and used it plowing for 10 years in the 50s before anyone made 4wd tractors. He built 5 total 3 moline 1 ih and 1 deer. The original double header is the only one left. My dad bought it locked up and in bad shape for $9000 at his estate auction. I put trans fluid in the cylinders and soaked the valves then tapped each one, finally after 5 days I got it to turn over with a pry bar, turned on the propane and it purs on all 10 cylinders.

This one is hand clutch for both tractors so gramps ran cables and you have 2 throttles and 2 hand clutches. Usually leave front tractor in 2nd gear, then it you want to go in road gear you take off with the front engine then lock in the rear engine in forth, release front clutch and away you go. It's really cool for being built 60 some years ago.
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #10491
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x
My gramps was a moline dealer and the back tractor is a one of one serial number x he was supposed to destroy, so he put the other one on the front and used it plowing for 10 years in the 50s before anyone made 4wd tractors. He built 5 total 3 moline 1 ih and 1 deer. The original double header is the only one left. My dad bought it locked up and in bad shape for $9000 at his estate auction. I put trans fluid in the cylinders and soaked the valves then tapped each one, finally after 5 days I got it to turn over with a pry bar, turned on the propane and it purs on all 10 cylinders.

This one is hand clutch for both tractors so gramps ran cables and you have 2 throttles and 2 hand clutches. Usually leave front tractor in 2nd gear, then it you want to go in road gear you take off with the front engine then lock in the rear engine in forth, release front clutch and away you go. It's really cool for being built 60 some years ago.
It's pretty cool what guys with some steel and a welder and some ambition can do. I mean these were the first 4x4 tractors. And now you see 4x4 tractors all the time. And they can say I didn't that before the big company's did.

I'll get a picture of the ones grandpa did. I can't remember how many he did this too. He is into doing crazy stuff with tractors. He has a 57 mta with a 6.2 gm diesel in it. He has a van with a 6.5 sitting behind the shop and is gettin a ford of some sort to put the 6.5 in. And he has I belive a John Deere 4450 that is getting a v-8 Mack motor. That about done. The frame had to be extended 1ft for that.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #10492
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
Yea my grampa did this when he was my age, my dad can't leave anything alone, I know where I get it lol.
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #10493
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

It's pretty cool what guys with some steel and a welder and some ambition can do. I mean these were the first 4x4 tractors. And now you see 4x4 tractors all the time. And they can say I didn't that before the big company's did.

I'll get a picture of the ones grandpa did. I can't remember how many he did this too. He is into doing crazy stuff with tractors. He has a 57 mta with a 6.2 gm diesel in it. He has a van with a 6.5 sitting behind the shop and is gettin a ford of some sort to put the 6.5 in. And he has I belive a John Deere 4450 that is getting a v-8 Mack motor. That about done. The frame had to be extended 1ft for that.
I love engine swaps. So satisfying when done.
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #10494
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

I love engine swaps. So satisfying when done.
Oh they are fun. The 6.2 does great in front of a 5 bottom plow in this d*** Indiana clay. Find a hard spot bogs down clutch more throttle out of clutch and your out.haha. We like to screw around an dolor with the old tractors every now and then. Last fall my cousin was plowing with the 6.2 found a real hard spot and just tried powering thru it. Tractor came in hooked from the plow and about 2ft of the ground
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #10495
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

I love engine swaps. So satisfying when done.
I thought you would enjoy these

http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=5...?v=o3nTPlhBs04

http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=5...?v=Byz5DYbz2YI

This was last fall
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #10496
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
I have a friend in Fargo that plows snow, he is the most die hard 6.5 guy I know.
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #10497
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x
I have a friend in Fargo that plows snow, he is the most die hard 6.5 guy I know.
One of my buddy's dad is a 6.5 guy. At one point he had 13 6.5s in his shop. Just the motor no trucks. And my buddy had a really nice 6.5 that thing looked brad new. He sold it bought a 02 duramax with a bad motor and trans and built it from the ground up. He's gonna dyno it next weekend and it should be close to 800hp
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #10498
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

One of my buddy's dad is a 6.5 guy. At one point he had 13 6.5s in his shop. Just the motor no trucks. And my buddy had a really nice 6.5 that thing looked brad new. He sold it bought a 02 duramax with a bad motor and trans and built it from the ground up. He's gonna dyno it next weekend and it should be close to 800hp
That's expensive lol. Need a lot of spendy parts for that level. 500 is a cake walk but 800 is stupid expensive.
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #10499
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

That's expensive lol. Need a lot of spendy parts for that level. 500 is a cake walk but 800 is stupid expensive.
13,000 in the motor. Stage 4 tranny. Ppe tunes. Iv rode in it. It's fun.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #10500
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
Tell him to go efi live. I liked ppe but efi live gives you complete control. What turbo ??
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.