Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#13,981 ·
One clean ZJ!
Thanks. I bust my *** to keep it clean. It does look cleaner in pics though. It's got a lot of scratches from car washes getting mud off of it and some trail damage that consists of deep scratches down both sides. Door dings suck too. But again, thanks.

You should hit that aux cooler with a little black so you don't see it through the grill as much!
I thought about that. Would it be okay to spray it directly with it installed?

#13,983 ·
sorry, Jeep forum app.. But is that the iro 3.5 lift on your zj.. Looks really clean btw.

OT: ordered a new alternator from rock auto so I could throw in my new optima and set up my electrical goodies
Yes it is

#13,984 ·
Thanks. I bust my *** to keep it clean. It does look cleaner in pics though. It's got a lot of scratches from car washes getting mud off of it and some trail damage that consists of deep scratches down both sides. Door dings suck too. But again, thanks.

I didn't think of that until mine was installed either. I took the grill of and did a couple of light passes with some black paint.

#13,986 ·

A jeep that actually gets used is never going to be perfect. :thumbsup:

#13,987 ·
That's exactly where mine was leaking, replaced radiator and fixed it.
exact same spot where mine was leaking

pulled it out and this is what it ooked like LOL

#13,988 ·
A jeep that actually gets used is never going to be perfect. :thumbsup:
Ain't that the truth. I noticed that when I cleaned it after the first time I wheeled it. I do my best to avoid branches and whatnot, but scratches are inevitable. I will be pretty upset with myself the first time I bang something up while wheeling though. Most actual body damage I've seen on peoples' rigs tends to be from lack of judgment, lack of skill, pushing it beyond its limits, or a bad spotter.

#13,990 ·
Ain't that the truth. I noticed that when I cleaned it after the first time I wheeled it. I do my best to avoid branches and whatnot, but scratches are inevitable. I will be pretty upset with myself the first time I bang something up while wheeling though. Most actual body damage I've seen on peoples' rigs tends to be from lack of judgment, lack of skill, pushing it beyond its limits, or a bad spotter.
Exactly, I'm not the kind of guy who just likes to hack my jeep to pieces to make stuff fit and drag it over rocks and through trees off road. Its disappointing to see.

#13,992 ·
Cool. I'll probably do that this weekend of I can find some time. Honestly, with my new job, I don't know how I found the time to get the grille painted and installed, not that installing it takes more than 5 minutes anyhow.

#13,993 ·
TurboTPI said:
OT, put 24lb injectors in mine. The wide band o2 is in and ill be tuning today. Ill let ya know how it goes.
I have the jeep running at 11.8:1 a/f ratio. Runs better than ever. It was around 12.5:1 before, alittle lean. Luckily nothing happened to the motor. Still can't believe the 220,000 mile 4.0l is still running great! Haha

#13,994 ·
The amplifier I bought on ebay arrived today. I plugged it in and sure enough I got sound. I brought over my Ryobi battery-operated radio and programmed some presets because the display on the radio doesn't work.