What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 69 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-15-2011, 01:23 AM   #1021
jakeycoverup
1998 ZJ 

Replaced power steering pressure hose.
Performed a tune up.
Then took my ZJ for a ride got back in the driveway and my oil sending unit broke and spilled all of my oil onto the driveway in the amount of time it took me to turn off my Jeep, run out, and kick a spill pan under it. Too late. At least 3 quarts of oil on the driveway. So I had to replace that as well and fill it up with oil (not a week after I had an oil change too).

jakeycoverup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #1022
rcwarner
2001 WJ 

This was yesterfay but my buddy's full size chevy lost a starter and he was only 3 or so miles from home so i towed him in with a chain . what impressed me the most about it was he was sitting on a slope and had to pull it up and out of a snow covered drive and we started pulling on the hill no running start and it pawed a little never spun and away we went .
never used 4lo just parttime 4wd
When we got home he stated **I'll Have me 1 on these**
God I Love the Firstone winterforce's

As for the gentleman installing 245/70/16 . save the hassle of a lift (unless you want it) and jus tadjust the hub stoppers , mine only rub a wee little bit at full lock turning to the right
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #1023
Rickb1
1997 ZJ 

Over the last two months......

Got a low miles "97 with 107K, a 4.0, and quadratrack two months ago. I have done a lot of work to it and just love this little jeep. My first vehicle was a "48 jeep wagon "delivery" without any back windows, dumb purchase for a 18 year old in 1974. Anyway I have done; brakes discs and pads, shocks, serp belt, cap, rotor, interior bulbs, polished headlights, wiper blades, tires, air filter and oil change on my own.

With the forums help I have been able to do; fuel pump, exhaust manifold, amplifier, speakers, circuit board for flickering dash lights, circuit board for "coolant sensor bad", adjusted power steering pump, replaced front track bar, new O rings on oil filter adapter, and rear wiper.

Studying up for control arm bushings, rear track bar, rear wheel bearings, sway bar bushings and front pinion bearing.

This jeep is fun to drive and easy to work on, thanks for all the good "how too tips" .
Rick
Rickb1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #1024
RedRock527
1996 ZJ 

Replaced worn out creaking front sway bar bushings today... I will get around to the rear ones next weekend. Wheeling it tomorrow!
RedRock527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #1025
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRock527 View Post
Replaced worn out creaking front sway bar bushings today... I will get around to the rear ones next weekend. Wheeling it tomorrow!
I gotta do the same here soon, mine are just worn out a little big and it rattles and drives me nuts
Dyn0mitemat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #1026
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Went to pick n Pull just to kill some time, found a pair of Grand Prix hood vents with the trays...
$10.50!
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #1027
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post
I gotta do the same here soon, mine are just worn out a little big and it rattles and drives me nuts
thats3 my bushings in garage just dont wanna take skid plate off cuz i know them bolts i put in aint no good at least 1 i broke
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 04:57 AM   #1028
JesseOR
1993 ZJ 

Got a flat on 1 of my 3 day old tires. They have apparently been discontinued and the guy tried to put a "similar" tire on. I said the hell you are with my 249. They found a tire and rushed it in from 2 hours away. I didn't pay a dime.

www.facebook.com/jesse.whitehargrove
JesseOR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #1029
project_zj
1996 ZJ 

Just got done with my NP-242 swap, Replaced the bulb for the check engine light, Replaced the down stream oxygen sensor and put on my 30x9.5x15 General Grabber AT mounted on American Racing rims. On the agenda for today is to fix the heater controls and the front seats.
project_zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #1030
Mike2909
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Changed diff oil front and rear, greased front end. I like the Haynes manual - " look under the vehicle and locate the grease fittings " no mention of how many there are.
Rotated the tires and checked the brakes - all fine.
A few of the rubber joints that I greased were leaking so they will need replacing come Spring.While under the Jeep I noticed the sway bar rubber bushes are well worn so they need replacing. I am making up a list of things to do on the Jeep so I can prioritise jobs. Looking at the color and state of the diff and engine oils I changed it looks like the she has been neglected.
Mike2909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #1031
zjdamien
1993 ZJ 

went to the Super lift ORV park in hot springs today did 3 diamond trails with a buddy in his Rubicon had to winch once parked the zj and rode in the rubicon on some 4 diamond trails took some video and picks here is some pics
photo.jpg   photo-90.jpg   photo-1-.jpg   321.jpg   photo-6-.jpg  

93 zj 4.6 stroker fastmen throttle body, adj FPR, D.U.I. Coil, 5"ish lift, iron Y long arm adj trac bar, 249 t-case 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers, home brew roof rack and bumper, red top, hi lift, KOR rad support, & steering gearbox brace, 3.73 gears
Other rides
2005 triumph bonnievillie America custom
89' chevy step side 6" drop in front bagged in rear
zjdamien is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #1032
GrasshopperZJ
1995 ZJ 

Got under the the jeep today and found out I need to replace some things. Guess I'm going to do my lift sooner than I thought! (wife ain't goin to like that) Also cleaned the inside. All in all a good day!

Lift and new tires/wheels here I come!
GrasshopperZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #1033
RedRock527
1996 ZJ 

Wheeled it!
RedRock527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #1034
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Not today, but I rebuilt my alternator on Friday, after the rectifier fried (one diode actually exploded) and shorted the output Wednesday night.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #1035
ciarashutt
1996 ZJ 

i bought a new radio for it and an antenna. i need to get a new manifold gasket. everything should be fixed by next week

i want to bring it out to a mud hole but i dont know any around here in orlando. ive heard of a few that are near here but i dont know my way around. anyone from central florida that can give me directions?

Last edited by ciarashutt; 01-17-2011 at 01:50 PM..
ciarashutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.