What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 687 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 04-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #10291
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

Got to hear that lovly sound that normally means bolts are about to shear, but they came out intact. Honestly it surprised me because the impact wasn't doing anything.

I love kano kroil, **** keeps on surprising me. Everything from sway bars to track bar bolts have come out in tact because of it. (And I expected the track bar bolt to just shear because they were tight the whole way out.) I wish I'd taken a picture of the bolt, because the threads were just nonexistant, just nice flat silver lines where threads once were. Luckily the nut plate was still intact, and I was able to use one of my spare upper control arm bolts to replace the ruined bolt.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #10292
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

My temporary fix to my latch problem until I get new pins in the hinges and a welder for the latch...
forumrunner_20120412_073525.jpg  
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #10293
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Thinking about grabbing this 95 orvis. Guy wants to barter it for some work on his house... And I just do happen to work on houses... I could sell it, keep for parts, use as a DD, couple different things...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2942535003.html

Now question is do you guys think its worth it? Obviously you haven't seen it or driven it, but how are the orvis editions? Basically all I would to do for my end is some demolition work/clean up in his basement and do a small roof repair on his porch as well replace a few rotten boards on his porch... 2 days of work or so... Going to look at the truck and his house this weekend...
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #10294
Erek.Smith
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited View Post
Finally got the rear battery wired in, installed cd player, components up front, and 2 channel mids/highs amp. Have to send my RD amp in for repair and build a box for my 15" and itll be spare tire on left side, box in middle, and amp rack/battery box on right side should all fit in pretty well.

Looks fairly clean for now. And atleast now I have music!
[snip]set up pictures and junk[/snip]
How are you going to secure the battery? I expect pictures of the finished product, amp rack and all
Essential gear for America's heroes
Erek.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #10295
Rossman123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Put a 3 inch lift and 31/10.50/15's on my 97 zj. and a friend and i made a boner bar for it. it looks pretty nice. Ill add some pictures tonight when i get home.
Thinking about building a roof rack for it soon
Rossman123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #10296
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Travass - Personally, I think the 95 Orvis is next in line behind the 5.9 for sexiest ZJ ever Other than the appearance differences, it's just a standard 95 5.2 Limited.

Interior looks like the pics in this link: http://jeeporvis.com/1995-orvis-info.html
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #10297
rainman19154
1997 ZJ 

Bought '97 Laredo on Tues. Replaced Hatch Supports on Wed.

Working out of the back of the truck was a PITA without the supports doing their part. I have a sturdy scraper I used as an improv propstick but it was about to give way by the time I was doing the support replacement at 6 pm.
I grabbed a 5 ft piece of 4x6 and used that to block it open while I finished.
The instructions advise getting a friend to hold the hatch up... it would be a test of endurance and friendship imho.
rainman19154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #10298
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

Went in for an alignment and found out some of my front end is loose and needs to be replaced before I can get the alignment done... I need a pitman arm, stabilizer shock, and a front cross bar tie rod end. Do you guys think I could install these myself?
boparunsxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #10299
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Pitman arm can be a bear. The other stuff is easy.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #10300
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boparunsxc View Post
Went in for an alignment and found out some of my front end is loose and needs to be replaced before I can get the alignment done... I need a pitman arm, stabilizer shock, and a front cross bar tie rod end. Do you guys think I could install these myself?
Also I tried finding these parts online and haven't had any luck... would they be under a different name/ part of some other kit/ part?
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #10301
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Steering stabilizer should be easy (check 4wd.com or w/e)
pitman arm you can get at rockauto (under: Jeep>year>grand>motor>steering>pitman arm)

And by crossbar rod end I figure you mean an end for the tie rod?
If so, rockauto has them under: Jeep>year>grand>motor>steering>tie rod end

They also have steering stabilizers, and your local parts stores should be able to get all of the above as well
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #10302
boparunsxc
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post
Steering stabilizer should be easy (check 4wd.com or w/e)
pitman arm you can get at rockauto (under: Jeep>year>grand>motor>steering>pitman arm)

And by crossbar rod end I figure you mean an end for the tie rod?
If so, rockauto has them under: Jeep>year>grand>motor>steering>tie rod end

They also have steering stabilizers, and your local parts stores should be able to get all of the above as well

Thanks for the advice i'll look into it!
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #10303
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Changed my oil and cleaned underneath the zj. 10-30 castrol synthetic and K&N filter. Got it for $25 at oreillys a few weeks ago. Everything looks good, lots of rock rash tho, which i think just gives it character. Found my crappy weld broke tho on the hanger that pulls my exhaust away from the crossmember. No rattling tho. Ill put a better weld on it tomorrow

forumrunner_20120412_202109.jpg

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #10304
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Finished my black spray bomb job (until next weekend when I wetsand it with 2000 grit).

Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #10305
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Thinking about grabbing this 95 orvis. Guy wants to barter it for some work on his house... And I just do happen to work on houses... I could sell it, keep for parts, use as a DD, couple different things...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2942535003.html

Now question is do you guys think its worth it? Obviously you haven't seen it or driven it, but how are the orvis editions? Basically all I would to do for my end is some demolition work/clean up in his basement and do a small roof repair on his porch as well replace a few rotten boards on his porch... 2 days of work or so... Going to look at the truck and his house this weekend...
Nice!!!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.