Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#13,641 ·
#13,642 ·
Haha, good ones. My 94 ZJ has OBDII.....
My 95 Jimmy was OBDII. People always thought I was stupid when I'd ask them to scan it at Autozone when it'd throw codes. I'd inform them that they could indeed scan it with their OBDII scanner. They'd come out there and tell me it was a 96 when they scanned it. According to a VIN check, it was a very late 95 model. It had the 95 4.3 L with the terrible CPI injection system but the OBDII computer that wasn't used until they went to sequential port injection in 96. It also reviled that it was in multiple minor collisions which would explain why the body panels lined up for crap.

#13,643 ·
So it's not a jeep but maybe you guys will have an idea. My buddy asked me to look at his 2003 kia rio, which I'm doing on thursday, but the issue is his speedometer. Says it doesn't work, jumps around alk over and sometimes just sites dead at 0. I've researched the issue and I've come up with speed sensor or cable. Ideas/thoughts would be helpful. Thanks guys.

OT, filled the gas tank just now and somehow I've gained 2mpgs. No frickin clue as to how or why...

#13,645 ·
Would like to find some niner trim pieces for the interior like t-case lever, trans lever, e-brake and the faux woodgrain shifter bezel. Those parts would swap over to my 95, no?
For those of you hunting for niner parts, shoot me a PM as well, I've got a parts niner in the driveway.
Dude I've got 5.9's here I can tear apart if your serious about needing some door panels shoot me a PM and we can discuss panels, money and shipping!
If either of you have access to the items i mentioned above, shoot me a pm with price plus shipping. Thanks

#13,646 ·
TRAVASS said:
So it's not a jeep but maybe you guys will have an idea. My buddy asked me to look at his 2003 kia rio, which I'm doing on thursday, but the issue is his speedometer. Says it doesn't work, jumps around alk over and sometimes just sites dead at 0. I've researched the issue and I've come up with speed sensor or cable. Ideas/thoughts would be helpful. Thanks guys.

OT, filled the gas tank just now and somehow I've gained 2mpgs. No frickin clue as to how or why...
The speedo in that thing is a digital step motor, it will not be serviceable without instrument cluster replacement. As far it's pick up... It's some sort of hall effect sensor that is most likely attached to transmission near the output side. Good luck as I have actually never touched one or seen one.

OT
Fought the bad steering box all the way to and from work. Almost 1/4 turn play, time to rebuild it!

#13,650 ·
Burnt up my ac compressor, hopefully because of the leak I should have fixed lol. Finished the 44 build, so far works very well.

Attachments

#13,652 ·
Cameleer said:
You forgot to remove those orange shipping covers on the axle shafts before installing them.
Other than that, looking good!!!!!!!!!!
Those where such a pita to install. If I break one it's getting ford knuckles.

#13,653 ·
Nearly finished my jeeps 8th trip around the equator. 7.91 times.

Attachments

#13,655 ·
After recent trail ride my fuel gauge isn't reading accurately. Just put 20 gallons in and it's at Empty. No leaks, has to be the float or a short/disconnected wire somewhere. Set the sprinkler underneath it for 45mins in the yard and I can finally work underneath it.

No leaks, Jeep has been very reliable. Running at 190*F with the Efan on low and AC on, so I am a happy happy boy.

And I pulled the plugs and hosed down the floors. Bed lining the thing has been one of the nicest mods for ease of cleaning and no mildew smell.

#13,657 ·
Josef86 said:
After recent trail ride my fuel gauge isn't reading accurately. Just put 20 gallons in and it's at Empty. No leaks, has to be the float or a short/disconnected wire somewhere. Set the sprinkler underneath it for 45mins in the yard and I can finally work underneath it.

No leaks, Jeep has been very reliable. Running at 190*F with the Efan on low and AC on, so I am a happy happy boy.

And I pulled the plugs and hosed down the floors. Bed lining the thing has been one of the nicest mods for ease of cleaning and no mildew smell.
Agreed! Do you have pics of where you put your drain plugs? I want to do that soon :)

#13,658 ·
Did all the sway-bar bushings front and back and the bar ends on the front and greased everything. It handles way better. It's still a ZJ with 165K on it but it's way less mushy feeling. A great $50 mod. Now if I could just figure out where all those knocks in the suspension are coming from.

#13,659 ·
Did all the sway-bar bushings front and back and the bar ends on the front and greased everything. It handles way better. It's still a ZJ with 165K on it but it's way less mushy feeling. A great $50 mod. Now if I could just figure out where all those knocks in the suspension are coming from.
All those knocks are a Jeep thing.