Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#13,482 ·
comptiger5000 said:
No, you don't have to. The distributor doesn't have to come out on a Mopar smallblock (that's a Chevy thing!)
I guess I never paid attention when I did my engine swap, had to pull it no matter what. Thanks for the clarification.

#13,483 ·
ahoyt653 said:
the driveshaft vibration is unbearable without the drop. This is still a DD and a temporary fix until I buy a real lift with adjustable arms to fix my driveline angles
How high is it? I ask as I've never needed one with 3-4-or 8 in of lift. Are the joints ok?

#13,485 ·
ahoyt653 said:
3.5" RC lift, the joints are new as that is what I thought to. It is just bad angles.....
Strange. Here's my angles at 4 in.

Attachments

#13,486 ·
3.5" Lift springs(could be 4.5"), 2" BB spacers, IRO Long Arms with cross member, longer pitman arm.

Entrance fee to Junkyard: $1
Total cost if new: $1060
Finding everything in the junkyard where it only cost me $110: Priceless, sort of

#13,487 ·
I just got a large vinyl decal for my jeep but I don't really like how they look when stuck on.
I'm thinking about getting it painted on like this, it would be darker than the jeep and mostly show up under the right lighting like this.
What do you think?

This should look good with my pirate flag when offroading.

#13,492 ·
Cameleer said:
I just got a large vinyl decal for my jeep but I don't really like how they look when stuck on.
I'm thinking about getting it painted on like this, it would be darker than the jeep and mostly show up under the right lighting like this.
What do you think?

That would look good

#13,493 ·
Cameleer said:
What do you think?

That ed hardy? Haha, I kid I kid. I like black on black deals like that. More of a texture than image

#13,495 ·
Finally got around to changing the milk in my front diff - it was going sour. I avoid mud like the plague but it always seems to find me. I don't get it, it's a hundred degrees every day for months with no rain, and I STILL find sections of trail that are washed out. :confused:

I also discovered that my passenger side sway bar link is interfering with the drag link to tie rod joint, which, over time, has pried the sway bar link bracket back.

vs

So now I'm one linking it until I decide on drop pitman arm vs sway bar delete. I'll probably just get rid of the sway as the only highway this thing sees is to or from the trails.

Bolted up my my IRO tranny skid. I haven't drilled for the aft mounting bolts yet, but this thing is still sturdy. I can't wait to scratch the paint :D

#13,496 ·
3.5" Lift springs(could be 4.5"), 2" BB spacers, IRO Long Arms with cross member, longer pitman arm.

Entrance fee to Junkyard: $1
Total cost if new: $1060
Finding everything in the junkyard where it only cost me $110: Priceless, sort of

:thumbsup: GREAT FIND. You got very lucky and I hope you enjoy punishing the ZJ like a red-headed step-child once you put them on.

OT: Upgraded the niner's crappy CV axles to some used U-Joint axles with good hub bearings. Stock CV's are garbage :thumbdown: Still gotta balance 3 tires and put the front two back on - after the brakes.

#13,497 ·
ahoyt653 said:
you still have the stock arms, my kit came with lower non-adjustable arms which are longer than the stock ones, which put my pinion angles out of whack. I pitched my stock ones, if i still had them i would probably put the rear ones back on for now.
Mine is stock everything, except shocks and springs.

#13,498 ·
Finally finished my steering setup. Was more work than anticipated, but looks like a lot of my bump steer should be gone, and maybe I can turn right when the drivers side is stuffed now lol. As soon as my new rcv joints show up, supposedly Monday, bruiser should be back in business.

Attachments

#13,500 ·
Just got back from the yard - found an evap solenoid to hopefully make the CEL shut up, and a steering shaft - mine's pretty sloppy from being twisted back and forth for years.

I was hoping for a Waggy steering box, and found a 76 J10. Didn't have a pitman puller with me or a wrench big enough for the nut though :brickwall: