What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 674 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #10096
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL
Yeah I had it that way actually, how you described it, and it looked normal because the bumper cover was on and you couldn't see the angle, and the lights sat on top of the bumper cover. Now that the cover's off, the lights are just going to stick out, which looks stupid in my opinion. I'm going to fab up something this weekend though, I'll let you know!
Can you post a pic of your lights. I want to see what 4 looks like without the cover on. If I put my cover on I'm painting the cladding matte black.ii am going to paint my rims semi goss black. I already have the paint for that.

Unread 04-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #10097
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

I actually don't have a pic of all 4 lights on. When I took the cover off, I took all the lights off too. I'll take a pic this weekend and post it on monday when I get it all set up!

I'm doing my cladding black this weekend too! Good luck with the rims! Post pics too, sounds like a good project!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #10098
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL
I actually don't have a pic of all 4 lights on. When I took the cover off, I took all the lights off too. I'll take a pic this weekend and post it on monday when I get it all set up!

I'm doing my cladding black this weekend too! Good luck with the rims! Post pics too, sounds like a good project!
Ic.tell me how the cladding goes. I will when I get around to the rims. I just started working two weeks ago and I'm on spring break this week and have worked everyday since Sunday. I'm off tomorrow but go back Friday. Jeeps kinda in the back burner right now as of things that don't NEED done. I'm flushing the radiator and heater core tomorrow. But I love the way limited rims look black.
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #10099
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Dropping my ZJ down from 5+" back to 3.5". Downgrading my 33's to 32's or 31's. Guess everyone is going bigger n taller, but I want my zj to ride a little smoother. Also, not have to lift my a$s so high just to get in.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #10100
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
Dropping my ZJ down from 5+" back to 3.5". Downgrading my 33's to 32's or 31's. Guess everyone is going bigger n taller, but I want my zj to ride a little smoother. Also, not have to lift my a$s so high just to get in.
Long Arms on the 5+ would help the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #10101
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
Ouch... I have an attachment thing and that would kill me. I spotted my old car on the road the other day and couldn't stand to see somebody else driving it!
Same here, I sold my last car a 1995 Nissan 200sx 32+ mpg for $900 to pay off my debt for my ZJ to my girlfriends father. Who said i didn't need to pay him so quickly. Talk about kicking myself in the ***.

Later i posted an ad on craigslist for my ZJ (clearly I have an attachment to it as well, could never find anything "good enough" to trade for) and the same guy tried trading my car back to me for the Jeep. HA.

Miss that 5 speed.
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #10102
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post
Picked up some big boy tires
35/12.5/15 Goodyear MTR Kevlars

Should be a nice upgrade

Headed upto Summit racing either tomorrow or this weekend to pick up a set of soft 8 or d-window wheels for them
You're going to love those. The question I get asked most often is "are they loud?" My answer "I'm not one of those dumbarses who buys MTs and expects them to be quiet!"

I was so torn between these and the KM2s as I had 32" BFG MTs, but these things haven't broken a sweat in anything I've thrown them at... which hasn't been much yet to be honest. They live to be on anything slippery and that goes especially for streets. For now, I'm glad I couldn't score the KM2s because I had to compromise for the MTRs due to everything being on backorder..... ENJOY THEM!!!!!!! I know I will... now, are you willing to sell me one for a spare?? Pretty please?
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #10103
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonitesamson View Post
Long Arms on the 5+ would help the ride
yes it would. it would also make a dent on my bank account. id rather drop it down. got some guy imma trade some 32's today. hopefully.

Unread 04-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #10104
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
yes it would. it would also make a dent on my bank account. id rather drop it down. got some guy imma trade some 32's today. hopefully.
Long arms one day. 32's will go where ever 33's would. Not a big difference.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #10105
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Long arms one day. 32's will go where ever 33's would. Not a big difference.
So true. finally taking someones advice from a LONG time ago...

Unread 04-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #10106
psychwarfare
1997 ZJ 

Well today...I drove the ZJ to work as usual.

Went to Wawa last night after work and got a good look around and right away I could see the oil pressure sending unit/switch/whatever dangling...

It had sheared off at the nut thing where it attaches to the housing...quick trip to Advance for a new one and some oil...brought it home that night...

Glad it wasn't the oil filter adapter o-rings or rear main seal (yet...knock on wood)...
psychwarfare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #10107
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Ordered up some e-codes for it. Going to be swapping in my rear Upcountry coils as soon as I'm out of class in an hour.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #10108
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

random ZJ stuff
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...-stuff-1352914

Unread 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #10109
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Swapped the rear coils. 2 hours with just a jack, pair of jackstands and some basic hand tools. Didn't even disconnect the rear shocks, trac-bar or use a spring compressor

I also turned the front MX6s up to notch 3, left the rears at 6. Wet noodle suspension is fixed.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #10110
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer
My CB antenna uses a magnetic mount on the roof rack.
I'm getting the lil Wilson antenna. It's 36 in tall and has 15 of coax. Idk how I will set it up but it won't look like it came in the jeep. Haha

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.