Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#1,323 ·
at school now and its foggy as hell out! on the way to school, i could see like 10ft infront of me and then i hit the city of applevalley and it was like driving into a wall of fog. could barely see 5ft but the HIDs in the fogs were amazing! they double the distance i can see in the fog and so a great job of keeping the beam low. saw 4 accidents on the way here too. :rolleyes:

#1,324 ·
work in progess 3 coats could have spent more time on prep but WTF 1.22¢ can
thinking about running a brown tire tread across hood where do i find that pattern?(oh i know i'll soak my swamper in somepaint and roll it across)

#1,326 ·
Warm enough that I washed the inside of my front and side windows. Outside front and mirrors also.

Now I can see what/who I'm running over! :D

#1,327 ·
So sick of jeeps.. :/

Got my tires mounted and balanced today. Put the fronts on, took my rear control arms off..

called IRO to find out where the hell my LCA are that I ordered 3 days ago, with 2 day shipping... Turns out they didn't ship because they didn't have any powered coated, even though the girl told me 3 days ago they were in stock. So suppose ably they are shipping today, and should be here FRIDAY. I was suppose to leave for my vacation tonight, but I cant because I need my control arms...

FML
Why would you schedule your VACA and install so close together? IRO is small operation, but quality is great and so is the service. I dont see this being anybody's fault except yours. Bummer about your VACA man, hope you still get some quality time in.

On subject, I cursed felpro gaskets. The plenum is leaking, I just replaced and I had my torque wrench calibrated BEFORE the install. I seem to remember the gasket leaking shortly after I did this the first time around.

Felpro = :thumbdown:

Yard

#1,329 ·
Yardman Harry said:
Why would you schedule your VACA and install so close together? IRO is small operation, but quality is great and so is the service. I dont see this being anybody's fault except yours. Bummer about your VACA man, hope you still get some quality time in.

On subject, I cursed felpro gaskets. The plenum is leaking, I just replaced and I had my torque wrench calibrated BEFORE the install. I seem to remember the gasket leaking shortly after I did this the first time around.

Felpro = :thumbdown:

Yard
Found out I couldn't borrow someones BMW this time.. So the fix was well over do. Lol. So I just upgraded everything.

Sent from my JeepForum on iPod

#1,333 ·
did the brake master cylinder for the hell of it...(abs lite on). gonna rebleed again today(spongy).
Went to the car wash! lol discounted cause i knew the attendant. didnt stall in the bay this time haha,
but didnt do nearly the job power washing does like usual...pickin up np 242 as well 2day and installing a new windshield hopefully! weee!

#1,336 ·
got more painting done, sometimes i impress myself! hood, roof, and both front fenders DONE :thumbsup:

where can i get a Brown[like mud]tire print decal to run across the hood and fender (33x13.5 Super Swamper TSL)

#1,337 ·
I cut my front bumper in half and then I built a 2 inch front receiver for my ZJ. I used parts that I salvaged from a 1 inch adjustable receiver that I bought from a yard sale for $5 and bought a 6 inch long 2 inch receiver for $12 at a welding shop. Now I can put my winch on the front or back my boat into some tricky areas where I fish. SWEET!!!

Attachments

#1,338 ·
Before picture and after picture

Attachments