What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 663 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #9931
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

They will sandwich the outer or inner frame rail by drill 4 holes I believe.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #9932
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Looks to be bolted on. He did them the right way as well, plate on the inside of the frame rail and one outside so it clamps the frame rail. If you wanted them to pull from the center and no rattle you can make the holes a little bigger and weld in a sleeve like the RC ones.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #9933
Devanzj
1997 ZJ 

Made the ZJ my rainy day driver when I bought this as my new DD today ....almost 10 times the gas mileage and i can still play in the mud!
bike.jpg  

On the way/waiting to go on: ford 8.8, 4.88s
Devanzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #9934
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Where are those bolted or welded to? Would you mind snapping a pic of that?
Small piece is for outsides framerail and big piece inside
We lined them up with the factory holes so no drilling involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
They will sandwich the outer or inner frame rail by drill 4 holes I believe.
Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Looks to be bolted on. He did them the right way as well, plate on the inside of the frame rail and one outside so it clamps the frame rail. If you wanted them to pull from the center and no rattle you can make the holes a little bigger and weld in a sleeve like the RC ones.
Great idea. I'm not sure what ill do but ill keep that in mind
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #9935
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

in the past 2 days ive pulled 2 engines from 2 different ZJs, pulled a rear from one and put one motor in and got it running, needs a trans/tcase mount and a headlight put in it and be ready to go. anybody need any ZJ parts?
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #9936
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro View Post
in the past 2 days ive pulled 2 engines from 2 different ZJs, pulled a rear from one and put one motor in and got it running, needs a trans/tcase mount and a headlight put in it and be ready to go. anybody need any ZJ parts?
Looking for a factory fueltank skid and maybe some other stuff. You got some specs or Craigslist add? I'm not far from you
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #9937
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

No fuel tank.skid...... and the jeep is in north east, Md 21901
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #9938
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I'm gonna mount a switch for my driving lights. I kinda want to mount them on the lip of the bezel of the Vic but idk how to get it off. I was gonna use some like 3m somthin and mount it on the passenger side under the glove box. But it wouldn't stay. I think the last reasonable option is by the Vic.
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #9939
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinningerc View Post
So I finally got the passenger side hub assembly off and put in my new cv shaft. Then I was driving earlier today and heard an awful noise coming from the engine. I was almost home so I decided not to stop and check it out. I get home and open the hood to find this.

...Or what's left of this. The pulley on the tensioner was completely melted from the belt. There were small pieces of plastic all over the engine bay. I have no idea how the belt didn't come flying off. Then to top it off, I about stripped the head of the screws holding on the coil so I could get to the nut holding the tensioner on. I managed to do it without removing the coil, but god it took forever. Let's hope that's it for now.
I just realized how similar our two ZJs are. And you don't live far.

Don't you love living in the salt belt?
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #9940
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Took my Niner out for a ride today, ended up at the junkyard again and spent another $120.
Pulled a tranny cooler along with the lines going to the back of the radiator, my Niner does not have one.

Picked up some small items, pulled a gear shift handle off just to see how it was done for when I replace my center column. Still not sure how the TC selector handle comes off.

Pulled 2 back seats, only the upper half. Plan on modifying them by pulling the covers off, cutting the foam padding thinner and re-stitching the covers back on. With the bottom seats removing and these folded down I will have much more storage room under them.
Or I may just end up just removing the padding and putting carpet over the front of the larger one and keep it folded down.
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #9941
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
Picked up some small items, pulled a gear shift handle off just to see how it was done for when I replace my center column. Still not sure how the TC selector handle comes off.
You don't need to pull either shifter to get the center console out. Just finagle the gear shifter bezel sideways to get the console out. For the tcase bezel, pull the right side up first, then off. Bam. Console comes out.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #9942
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

Pulled 2 back seats, only the upper half. Plan on modifying them by pulling the covers off, cutting the foam padding thinner and re-stitching the covers back on. With the bottom seats removing and these folded down I will have much more storage room under them.
Or I may just end up just removing the padding and putting carpet over the front of the larger one and keep it folded down.
What a pain. Isnt extra space what the roof rack is for?
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #9943
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
You don't need to pull either shifter to get the center console out. Just finagle the gear shifter bezel sideways to get the console out. For the tcase bezel, pull the right side up first, then off. Bam. Console comes out.
I pulled a center console out at the junk yard and had some problems, got the center console in one piece but some of the other parts where destroyed. One problem I could not shift it out of park to get the clearance that I may have needed.
Unread 04-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #9944
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
I pulled a center console out at the junk yard and had some problems, got the center console in one piece but some of the other parts where destroyed. One problem I could not shift it out of park to get the clearance that I may have needed.
Yup ,you need it out of park

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #9945
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro View Post
I need headrests for the back seat. PM me

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.