What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 655 - JeepForum.com

 102Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9811 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 05:28 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote of the day from orvis1997, this is after I sold him the mutt wheels and tires. "girlfriend likes the lift but doesn't like the black wheels.......so I dumped her". Lol classic.


94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9812 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 05:38 PM
TRAVASS
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oconomowoc
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x
Quote of the day from orvis1997, this is after I sold him the mutt wheels and tires. "girlfriend likes the lift but doesn't like the black wheels.......so I dumped her". Lol classic.
Lmao thats awesome
TRAVASS is offline  
post #9813 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 06:35 PM
indylodown
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Owensville IN
Posts: 220
that is funny stuff
indylodown is offline  
post #9814 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 PM
rooster51
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Dieseled the crankcase
What does this do? Im interested cause I just put 5 gal. of gas in the jeep, from a jerry can that had about a shot of diesel in it. I swear it ran smoother but thought it was just coincidence.
rooster51 is offline  
post #9815 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51
What does this do? Im interested cause I just put 5 gal. of gas in the jeep, from a jerry can that had about a shot of diesel in it. I swear it ran smoother but thought it was just coincidence.
I discovered this when my avalanche started knocking. I was mad and it was late so I drained the oil and put diesel in instead of oil, ran it like 5 mins and drained out some really nasty diesel, filled with oil and it purs like a kitten. Crankcase is all clean, lifter hammering is gone, ls piston slap is gone, and it has 20lbs more op. decided to do it to the mutt today because it's loosing op and it's a junkyard engine that needs new life. Worked great again.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #9816 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 10:51 PM
rooster51
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,628
Thanx! Good to know for future reference.
rooster51 is offline  
post #9817 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 11:09 PM
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

I discovered this when my avalanche started knocking. I was mad and it was late so I drained the oil and put diesel in instead of oil, ran it like 5 mins and drained out some really nasty diesel, filled with oil and it purs like a kitten. Crankcase is all clean, lifter hammering is gone, ls piston slap is gone, and it has 20lbs more op. decided to do it to the mutt today because it's loosing op and it's a junkyard engine that needs new life. Worked great again.
Had no idea. This really work...

"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline  
post #9818 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Yes it does, and very well. Do not do it unless you completely understand what your doing. I run them with 3qts of diesel, you can ad trans fluid to the mix as well for a better clean, but the engine idles for a couple mins watching op gauge, then I slowly bring it to 2000 rpm and hold it for around 3 mins , then slowly bring it down and shut it down. You want no load with diesel in it, it cleans but really is only providing lubrication in the form of being a fluid barrier, so you dont want quick burps of the throttle as you could easily knick a bearing. Diesel has come out black as coal when done. The av I just added oil, drove it 500 miles and changed oil again.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #9819 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 11:32 PM
ZJMTL
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,251
Badbird knows his ****... I'd love to try that.
ZJMTL is offline  
post #9820 of 44893 Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 PM
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,556
It's not so much the diesel itself doing the cleaning, as it doesn't have much solvent. The key is that it's very thin, so it runs through places much faster and more easily than oil, which rinses out any crud that's not too baked on.

However, as he says, there's some risk to the bearings, so I'd caution this: don't do it unless you think you have a sludge type problem, or a dirty/noisy lifter or 2.
comptiger5000 is offline  
post #9821 of 44893 Old 03-30-2012, 01:30 AM
hdrocknroll
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Flint
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I am pretty sure that it was some kind of bucket crane that the top was salvaged on. That large circle in the center has gear teeth on it. There were hydraulic lines running all around it and some controls on one end. It looks really old. It was an old mining area with a lot of derelict leftovers. We hauled butt because we discovered a large number of bees. There are africanized bees around here and they are so aggressive that they will attack the vehicle.
You sure got it made ,with places to go and fart around
My daughter used to live in Vegas,played around out there on 4 wheelers but no jeep.
Out by Jones Blvd and Blue Diamond rd

Always !! Keep A Firm Grip On Your Tool !!

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story


Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.


hdrocknroll is offline  
post #9822 of 44893 Old 03-30-2012, 03:32 AM
03overland03
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: richmond
Posts: 149
today the zj gets a new driver's side axle, new fluids, a tune up, cleaning, and possibly a little road time. also going to the junkyard to grab a few things for it and see if i can find any goodies for it. all this after an 18 hour work shift. should be a fun day
03overland03 is offline  
post #9823 of 44893 Old 03-30-2012, 05:56 AM
TRAVASS
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oconomowoc
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000
It's not so much the diesel itself doing the cleaning, as it doesn't have much solvent. The key is that it's very thin, so it runs through places much faster and more easily than oil, which rinses out any crud that's not too baked on.

However, as he says, there's some risk to the bearings, so I'd caution this: don't do it unless you think you have a sludge type problem, or a dirty/noisy lifter or 2.
Sht I have all the above but not sure if I trust myself to do it. I'd love to but don't want to f*ck anything up... Lol
TRAVASS is offline  
post #9824 of 44893 Old 03-30-2012, 07:22 AM
somebody5788
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 1,127
My poor ZJ is just sitting around... It's been completely ignored since February because of my S4 and now it's spring so I'm out on the bike all the time. Add to that that I bought another bike to build as a project and now IDK wtf to do with the Jeep lol.

2006 Honda 919 - Summer Daily
1994 Jeep ZJ - RC Long Arms | RE 4.5" springs | Bilstein 5100's | RE SS brake lines | Falken 31x10.5-15 tires | Flatland 4x4 bumpers | Summit Soft 8's 15x8 3.75 BS wheels
somebody5788 is offline  
post #9825 of 44893 Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 AM
hdrocknroll
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Flint
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Yes it does, and very well. Do not do it unless you completely understand what your doing. I run them with 3qts of diesel, you can ad trans fluid to the mix as well for a better clean, but the engine idles for a couple mins watching op gauge, then I slowly bring it to 2000 rpm and hold it for around 3 mins , then slowly bring it down and shut it down. You want no load with diesel in it, it cleans but really is only providing lubrication in the form of being a fluid barrier, so you dont want quick burps of the throttle as you could easily knick a bearing. Diesel has come out black as coal when done. The av I just added oil, drove it 500 miles and changed oil again.
I read this when U posted it before.
Kinda scary ,but the outcome Sounds good.
Just to be clear you are talking about Diesel Fuel ?
Could U use kerosene ?

Always !! Keep A Firm Grip On Your Tool !!

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story


Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.


hdrocknroll is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 40 08-12-2016 07:36 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome