Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#13,081 ·
I'm too lazy to search, but someone needs to make a parts list and write up of how to do the taruas efan!

#13,083 ·
Squazz, that's actually running too cold. It should (with a stock 195* t-stat) sit between the 210* mark and the one below it (colder isn't better once you get past a point). Honestly, as long as the pressure cap is good, coolant is good, etc, most engines are fine running up to 230* or so with no problems or risk of damage.

#13,084 ·
Squazz, that's actually running too cold. It should (with a stock 195* t-stat) sit between the 210* mark and the one below it (colder isn't better once you get past a point). Honestly, as long as the pressure cap is good, coolant is good, etc, most engines are fine running up to 230* or so with no problems or risk of damage.
thats kinda what I thought but :dunno: it has a stant 195* was thinking about getting a mopar 195* one and see it that made a difference just never got around to it

#13,092 ·
My oil pressure seems to always sit right where Squazz's is at in his pic. It never moves from that position. Did some ZJs have a dummy gauge that was basically pressure or no pressure? I know my car is like that. My normal operating temperature is just shy of 210 with my mechanical fan. I'm pretty much a mirror image of TRAVASS's temp gauge. That's with the AC on or off and regardless of outside temperature. If I sit in traffic or do some slow wheeling with it, the temp does climb above 210, but I've never had it past the first hash mark after 210.

On topic, I adjusted my discos yet again today. I pulled my car out of the garage and pulled my Jeep in. It's the first time it's been in my garage. It looked so small compared to my car (it definitely sits a lot higher though :D). I figured the garage floor is perfectly flat because I don't have a drain in there. I left the passenger side disco right where it was at and spent about an hour adjusting the driver side to get it perfect. They both slide off super easy now on flat ground, as they should. Hopefully, this will also help my issue of the axle studs loosening all the time because there won't be any odd pressure on them. I also double checked the resistance of the 703s I picked up a while back. They all sit between 12.4 and 12.5 ohms. I don't know exactly how to do an impedance test because I don't know exactly how to power them up with no gas going through them. I'm planning on hitting the shower then taking a trip over to Lowe's to pick up a small piece of tubing to use a dropper I have to pressure test them to make sure they don't leak. After that, I'm going to change the screens and O rings. Then, probably 2 or 3 months from now, I'll finally get them installed. That's how I roll.

#13,093 ·
Went to work and tranny fluid change... Parked next my boss XJ.. Lol

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

#13,094 ·
My oil pressure seems to always sit right where Squazz's is at in his pic. It never moves from that position. Did some ZJs have a dummy gauge that was basically pressure or no pressure? I know my car is like that. My normal operating temperature is just shy of 210 with my mechanical fan. I'm pretty much a mirror image of TRAVASS's temp gauge. That's with the AC on or off and regardless of outside temperature. If I sit in traffic or do some slow wheeling with it, the temp does climb above 210, but I've never had it past the first hash mark after 210.

On topic, I adjusted my discos yet again today. I pulled my car out of the garage and pulled my Jeep in. It's the first time it's been in my garage. It looked so small compared to my car (it definitely sits a lot higher though :D). I figured the garage floor is perfectly flat because I don't have a drain in there. I left the passenger side disco right where it was at and spent about an hour adjusting the driver side to get it perfect. They both slide off super easy now on flat ground, as they should. Hopefully, this will also help my issue of the axle studs loosening all the time because there won't be any odd pressure on them. I also double checked the resistance of the 703s I picked up a while back. They all sit between 12.4 and 12.5 ohms. I don't know exactly how to do an impedance test because I don't know exactly how to power them up with no gas going through them. I'm planning on hitting the shower then taking a trip over to Lowe's to pick up a small piece of tubing to use a dropper I have to pressure test them to make sure they don't leak. After that, I'm going to change the screens and O rings. Then, probably 2 or 3 months from now, I'll finally get them installed. That's how I roll.
mine fluxuates depending on acceleration...but i did have to get a new press sensor and started using synthetic oil, (10w 40) and a K&N filter...dont know if that helps any, but botom line, mine fluxuates....

#13,095 ·
ejschultz said:

Mine fluctuates. What you see there is at idle. Gets up over half way when accelerating

#13,096 ·
#13,097 ·
showed her off to some guys who wants to buy it...what hurts the most is the guy doesnt even know what a "ZJ" is......she may not be going to a good home...:pout::crying:

I already told the wife, that if the ZJ does sell, SHE is getting me a niner within 12 months...

#13,098 ·
pincheburro956 said:
showed her off to some guys who wants to buy it...what hurts the most is the guy doesnt even know what a "ZJ" is......she may not be going to a good home...:pout::crying:

I already told the wife, that if the ZJ does sell, SHE is getting me a niner within 12 months...
AGHHHH NOOOO!!!! Don't send her to a crap home, she will end up neglected, and then to a JY... :(

On the other hand a niner would be rather amazing.. (pants just got tighter) :rofl:

#13,099 ·
AGHHHH NOOOO!!!! Don't send her to a crap home, she will end up neglected, and then to a JY... :(

On the other hand a niner would be rather amazing.. (pants just got tighter) :rofl:
youre telling me...i just hope she ends up at the local JY, that way I can get everything i put in it.:laugh:

#13,100 ·
pincheburro956 said:
youre telling me...i just hope she ends up at the local JY, that way I can get everything i put in it.:laugh:
Sell it to me!!!!!! :D