What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 651 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #9751
mrcox757
1995 ZJ 

well, today i finally got it running after three days of not starting. and i ripped out all the useless after-market sterio wires that had been installed by previous owners. i still have a lot of work to do.....but i cant wait untill she is ready for some mud.

mrcox757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #9752
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyeager View Post
Today I pulled my speed sensor and cleaned it trying to fix my erratic speedometer, odometer, trip meter but it didn't seem to work so here in a few days I'll be replacing that sensor all together.
i have the same problem.. from what ive read, its something with the cluster...check that out first

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:48 AM   #9753
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Do those headlights look ricey in person? I really like the 1 piece idea.

The kid likes his. We wired up the LED's to a separate switch. I agree with out the chrome grill the chrome trim might stick out and would need to be painted to match the grill. He is talking about painting the grill so... . Anybody got the cladding for the drivers side door they dont need?
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #9754
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I do, but it's rhinolined. PM me if you want it.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #9755
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

we were going to paint it all blk, can the rhinolining be removed or sanded smooth? I will shoot you a PM later I really need to get to work.
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #9756
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Those don't look bad! I prob won't order just because my Jeeps a rebuild and I don't think they would fit right (OEM lights are droopy already)
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #9757
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Realized my Jeep is falling apart while sitting on the porch smoking n staring at it. Anyone want yo donate parts to the broke *** Travis Heep fund? Cash donations accepted as well. Haha
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #9758
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Did an autocheck (www.getvin.com)

Wreck in 2003, rebuilt in 2004, possible odometer errors... Lovely
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #9759
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Went to the junk yard yesterday, for the past 2 months they didn't have any Grand Cherokees, now they have 4.
Pulled some parts.
Rear hatch cover $12.99 AKA privacy cover.
Molding that goes over the part between the door jam and windshield $6.99 I think it's called a pillar.
Fog lights 3.99 ea.
Oil dip stick $2.99
Molding below windshield the goes over the 2 speakers $19.99

Tried pulling a set of tow hooks and gave up, They go for $25.99 may try again today when I go back. On one of them the hatchback is locked and it has some new looking tail lights and maybe a few other parts I want, going to take my lock pick set with me and see if I can open it.

One of them had headlights that looked like new, maybe I'll ask how much they cost.
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #9760
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
Went to the junk yard yesterday, for the past 2 months they didn't have any Grand Cherokees, now they have 4.
Pulled some parts.
Rear hatch cover $12.99 AKA privacy cover.
Molding that goes over the part between the door jam and windshield $6.99 I think it's called a pillar.
Fog lights 3.99 ea.
Oil dip stick $2.99
Molding below windshield the goes over the 2 speakers $19.99

Tried pulling a set of tow hooks and gave up, They go for $25.99 may try again today when I go back. On one of them the hatchback is locked and it has some new looking tail lights and maybe a few other parts I want, going to take my lock pick set with me and see if I can open it.

One of them had headlights that looked like new, maybe I'll ask how much they cost.
Bring a sawzall next time. When in doubt, cut it out. Pull of the throttle bodies too. Get them ported and new butterflys at a local shop.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #9761
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post

The kid likes his. We wired up the LED's to a separate switch. I agree with out the chrome grill the chrome trim might stick out and would need to be painted to match the grill. He is talking about painting the grill so... . Anybody got the cladding for the drivers side door they dont need?

Do you have Insight (now time warner?) I did alot of work in Owensville when I lived in Evansville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #9762
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post

Those look like the regular clear ones. Looks pretty good on there. I have the smoked lenses on mine.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #9763
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

samsonite - if you are familiar with Owensville then go east on Water Tower rd (from the water tower) 4 miles and i live in the woods. No actually i was told i could not get insight it stopped a mile from my house. I'm enjoying sitco
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #9764
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Heres mine. I am going to paint the chrome outline on them black as soon as I get back home from vacation.

And yes it is dripping coolant...
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #9765
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited View Post
Heres mine. I am going to paint the chrome outline on them black as soon as I get back home from vacation.

And yes it is dripping coolant...
Paint it gold like the pinstripes.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.