What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 648 - JeepForum.com

 144Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9706 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Dyn0mitemat
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Too short of spline would be fine. Too big you could grind off, but too short I can't see why those wouldn't work.
I've screwed around with doing that before, and told myself I'd never use one thats too short again after I had it spinning when I was trying to take a lug nut off

If its a hair longer I don't mind, just toss it in the lathe or let it be and it'll make the rotors stick on lol

Just was curious what everyone else was running

edit:
Ah, here we go
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-100-7703/

I'll have to drive up to summit after work one night this week


09 Rubi 2dr:MetalCloak2.5", 37"MTZ's/Slabs, EVO Stff, ORFab Cage, Chromo's, Driveshafts etc
Dyn0mitemat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9707 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat

I've screwed around with doing that before, and told myself I'd never use one thats too short again after I had it spinning when I was trying to take a lug nut off

If its a hair longer I don't mind, just toss it in the lathe or let it be and it'll make the rotors stick on lol

Just was curious what everyone else was running

edit:
Ah, here we go
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-100-7703/

I'll have to drive up to summit after work one night this week
Just a thought, my friend just bought some very nice bolt on spacers off eBay that came out of MN. They were $100 for all 4 shipped. Maybe you can pic up 2 for $50. Might wind up costing the same as studs. Oh and while your in there get those stupid brake shields off, mine where full of rocks and crap.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #9708 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 06:05 PM
five9time
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arnold
Posts: 9
Thorley Headers/Kolak Exhaust on my 5.9

Today: Thorley headers, kolak exhaust (3" magnaflow cat/3" flowmaster 50 SUV/mandrel bent pipes), magnaflow double-wall chrome tip, mopar performance O2 sensors, and a new SCT tune.

Tomorrow: Transgo TFOD-HD2 shift kit.

Wednesday: A new autopage security system with remote start and windows so I'll at least be able to look out the window and see who is stealing my cat at work!

Coming soon: mopar M1 intake/bbk throttle body/crower 1.7 roller rockers and push rods/mopar performance springs/kolak ignition upgrade (magnecor wires/autolite sparks/harness)
five9time is offline  
post #9709 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM
frankul2003
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Philipsburg
Posts: 73
i havent drove my 98ZJ in 6 months.,.... it has a parasitic voltage drainage i cant find... took out the hacked up alarm system that kept going off for no reason the po had taped in there... little time with this project..
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/9...build-1323280/
frankul2003 is offline  
post #9710 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 06:22 PM
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,556
Installed the outlets in the cargo area (above the cubby on the passenger side), and finished up the 120v wiring for the inverter. My 150a ANL fuse came in today, so I just have to connect the remote switch to the inverter and run the 12V cables for it, and it'll be ready to go.
comptiger5000 is offline  
post #9711 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 06:25 PM
xxxxxxxxranger_1999
Guest
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Forest City
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by five9time
Today: Thorley headers, kolak exhaust (3" magnaflow cat/3" flowmaster 50 SUV/mandrel bent pipes), magnaflow double-wall chrome tip, mopar performance O2 sensors, and a new SCT tune.

Tomorrow: Transgo TFOD-HD2 shift kit.

Wednesday: A new autopage security system with remote start and windows so I'll at least be able to look out the window and see who is stealing my cat at work!

Coming soon: mopar M1 intake/bbk throttle body/crower 1.7 roller rockers and push rods/mopar performance springs/kolak ignition upgrade (magnecor wires/autolite sparks/harness)
Can we get a video?
xxxxxxxxranger_1999 is offline  
post #9712 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 06:40 PM
five9time
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arnold
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_1999 View Post
Can we get a video?
I'll post one later this week. Thanks.
five9time is offline  
post #9713 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

Just a thought, my friend just bought some very nice bolt on spacers off eBay that came out of MN. They were $100 for all 4 shipped. Maybe you can pic up 2 for $50. Might wind up costing the same as studs. Oh and while your in there get those stupid brake shields off, mine where full of rocks and crap.
Just searched 4.5 spacers wheel, on eBay. They are $48.48 for a pair of 1in shipped.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #9714 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Dyn0mitemat
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Just a thought, my friend just bought some very nice bolt on spacers off eBay that came out of MN. They were $100 for all 4 shipped. Maybe you can pic up 2 for $50. Might wind up costing the same as studs. Oh and while your in there get those stupid brake shields off, mine where full of rocks and crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Just searched 4.5 spacers wheel, on eBay. They are $48.48 for a pair of 1in shipped.
Thanks, I'll have to look into those for the price.

And I already tore the shields off, I just got the 8.8 painted a few days ago. Needs upper link mounts on the truss, and shock mounts, but I figured it'd be easier once it was under the zj so I could get the positioning dead on.



Here's the skid I made for it, should hold up pretty good

09 Rubi 2dr:MetalCloak2.5", 37"MTZ's/Slabs, EVO Stff, ORFab Cage, Chromo's, Driveshafts etc
Dyn0mitemat is offline  
post #9715 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat

Thanks, I'll have to look into those for the price.

And I already tore the shields off, I just got the 8.8 painted a few days ago. Needs upper link mounts on the truss, and shock mounts, but I figured it'd be easier once it was under the zj so I could get the positioning dead on.

Here's the skid I made for it, should hold up pretty good
Looking damn good. When you mount the shocks be careful to keep them tucked in. Mine hit the calipers at full twist and destroyed the shocks, this is partially why I built mine like this.
Attached Thumbnails
image-970539273.jpg   image-3307244536.jpg  

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline  
post #9716 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 07:59 PM
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 622
finally washed it. kind of pointless since its supposed to rain for the next week but she looks good for now

needs polishing badly, paint is sooo swirled. cant really tell since its white




2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins
E-rok is offline  
post #9717 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Muddy_TSi
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lehighton
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by everpress
Plasti Dipped the wood trim in the interior and the front badge. I hate metal-finish/chrome and fake woodgrain. Taking my cub to the zoo today, but hopefully will have time to complete the rest of the badging.
Will you be doing the symbols with the Plasti dip? after you hit some trails let me know how its holding up. I was planning on doing the same to mine. thanks
Muddy_TSi is offline  
post #9718 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 PM
speedbucket
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: chesapeake
Posts: 3,562
Ok guys, which snorkel cap do you like? Quick opinions please!
Attached Thumbnails
ForumRunner_20120326_220012.jpg   ForumRunner_20120326_220049.jpg  


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V8 zj at 6" . Double tri rear and true 3 link front. Stretched to 108"
speedbucket is offline  
post #9719 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 09:05 PM
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
Ok guys, which snorkel cap do you like? Quick opinions please!
first one. Second one looks like a Vietcong soldier hiding in your hood..

"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline  
post #9720 of 46099 Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 PM
speedbucket
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: chesapeake
Posts: 3,562
Haha. Ok I was thinking the same but well see some more opinions. Thanks!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V8 zj at 6" . Double tri rear and true 3 link front. Stretched to 108"
speedbucket is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
mslevin
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 44 10-28-2016 08:24 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 02:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 01:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 10:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 02:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome