Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#12,922 ·
Got a line on a Comanche today. Vision in my head is to buy a lifted 99 or so xj, extend the frame with the Comanche frame, graft the cabs together to make a crew cab 99 Comanche. Thoughts.
Jeep centi-manche?

#12,923 ·
kirbyZJORVIS said:
Well today we finnally got to the tcase install. Literally harder to get everything off than back on. It took three people and 6 good hours but we got it done. Well almost the rear shaft is about. 25 in to long but geting that shorten and balanced Monday. Thanks JRMechanic easy easy install he does everything for you just shove it on plug everything up and your good. Worth the money all day
Got the VIC changed over to the 242 setting geting that out was fun also.

#12,924 ·
ejschultz said:
MJs were unibody like XJs and ZJs, right? That'd be a ton of fab work. If anyone on here has the ability to do it, it's you. I say go for it. Go for something like pic 2.
Yes they are. Looked at the build of the first one. Basically cut both in half, then weld them back together. For the short bed I'd have to shorten the frame and bed after the body union, then graft the doors together.

Attachments

#12,925 ·
My driver side front coil spring is making a noise when I hit a bump or dip. Almost like if its too loose. It doesnt rattle and the isolators are good. Need to find out what that is.

Does my coil look ok? Is the top most 'loop' too compressed to the second "loop". dont know how to explain. or does it look ok.
x3 upper shock nut
Got a line on a Comanche today. Vision in my head is to buy a lifted 99 or so xj, extend the frame with the Comanche frame, graft the cabs together to make a crew cab 99 Comanche. Thoughts.
Googled it. Thinking pic one would have to be on a 3/4 ton tow rig chassis, pic 2 would be an awesome dd rig for me.
:brickwall

ontopic: went back to the jy and puled some more parts of that wrecked niner(it still has a few more parts i want)found the name of the previous owner on some paper work ...ah what was it?? damn give me a minute i wrote it down some where. Robert Shall

then got my new niner tagged, drove it did some 2wd posi burnouts, pulled the check engine codes P1763 & P1757 guess I'll be replacing the governor pressure switch soon. :woot:
also forgot to pull the fuse for the dash light and got a dead battery after work. gonna swap the head light witch tomorrow to see if that fixes that, if not :dunno:

#12,927 ·
badbird17x said:
Do it. Not a single doubt in your abilities...

Would it be a DD or trail rig, or tow rig with like an 8.0.//

#12,928 ·
pincheburro956 said:
Do it. Not a single doubt in your abilities...

Would it be a DD or trail rig, or tow rig with like an 8.0.//
Once I see what it is I'll know more. Don't really like the long one, but 7 in lift and 35s might change it drastically. I think I saw Baja fenders somewhere that would help as well.

#12,930 ·
Wheeled it. Made a video. Cause I'm lame

#12,932 ·
Yep, cut around an inch off the left side of pic 1, then slam a screw driver in pic 2, that little cap will pop out the other side.

#12,933 ·
Wheeling my ZJ today

Took my ZJ out for our first trip together today. She ran great and did everything I asked her today. Took it pretty easy but we did do one difficult or "black" trail. She climbed right up it. Wish I could have got some pics of the black run but we didn't have a camera out in time. Here's a few others though. Took the doggies along for the ride too.

Attachments

#12,935 ·
Soo apparently i can't watch it in America. hahah dang :(
Even if a song is playing on the radio in the background, in a You Tube video Warner Music Group, apparently can take it out :mad::thumbdown:

#12,937 ·
Spent the past two and a half days working on my Niner and getting it ready for a fund raiser car show.
There will be about 20 members there from CI4X4 (Channel Islands 4X4) Good time to meet people and find parts for your jeep.

Any way I started it off with a good wash and wax job, then worked on getting my new fox shocks fitting right, along with a half dozen other little things I found that needed fixing.
Pulled all 4 tires, cleaned them and also cleaned under the wheel wells, cleaned the long arms, drive shafts, skids and a few other thing while under there.

Today I cleaned the inside and outside some more, took a break and went to the junkyard and picked up a few items.
Been enjoying the sound of my new exhaust, although wasting a little too much gas making it sing as it only has a turndown pipe for how.

Paid for a 3" Kolak tailpipe and Ignition Upgrade, will be adding that soon.

This evening I gave my Niner a second waxing and some more cleaning.
Also ordered a right side headlight than had water in it and a master break cylinder that's leaking.
When you spend a few days going all over your jeep your most likely to find many things to repair.

This show benefits the Simi Valley Police Departments Explorer Program
The Cops N' Cruisers car show will be held on June 24th from 9:00 am. to 2:00 pm

Farmer's Insurance Building.
3041 Cochran St, (corner of Cochran & Galena)
Simi Valley, CA

#12,938 ·
This show benefits the Simi Valley Police Departments Explorer Program
The Cops N' Cruisers car show will be held on June 24th from 9:00 am. to 2:00 pm

Farmer's Insurance Building.
3041 Cochran St, (corner of Cochran & Galena)
Simi Valley, CA
I expect pictures! One day, I hope to have my jeep looking as good as yours. But would probably be easier to get another one and start over. It was dirty...

Now it's cl-... err...less dirty:

#12,940 ·
Also working night shift, staring at my ZJ through the window.

I'm having some squeaking coming from my front pass wheel (I think), trying to figure out what it is! My balljoints are loose, could it be them?