What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 628 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #9406
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Well let's see.fiest I finished putting my subs and amps in. Finally. Drove it for the 2nd time. First since it has been in my name. Oh and put 70$ in the tank. Ugh. And I caught my self looking back at it as I walked into the gas station. It may be stock but she she is pretty

Unread 03-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #9407
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

did some more cutting and grinding.. frame stiffeners to be re installed tomorrow
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #9408
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Swapped my rear lower control arms for some new to me arms that I got a while back.
2012-03-19-20.09.17.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #9409
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
did some more cutting and grinding.. frame stiffeners to be re installed tomorrow
No safety glasses.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #9410
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
No safety glasses.
and no guard on the grinder

and spraying the sparks right on the paint
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #9411
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok View Post

I dont care about the guard ether.. But glasses is a must.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #9412
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Swapped my rear lower control arms for some new to me arms that I got a while back.
It almost looks like the new to you arm is a front lower, not a rear lower... unless they're not ligned up in the picture. Rear lowers are longer than front lowers.
1997 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, ~4" of IRO lift, IRO short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos & BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie out back, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8 Stealth Crawlers, Niner grille, e-fan, Magnaflow stuff, HO alt, "mean eyes", tinted signals & tails, clear corners, sound system, cloth seats
1994 Caprice - "SQL Lab", HO charging system, SS suspension, show car in progress, some tasteful show mods...
2014 Silverado 1500 - DD on order
2010 Terrain - wife's DD, bone stock
2010 Gary Fisher Utopia - Black Ops platform pedals, SRAM X.9 shifters, BB7 calipers/G3 CS discs, NightRider Rebel 3.0 computer

Build Thread
Black Jeep Society
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #9413
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
ever had a grinding wheel explode?
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #9414
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I was messing with a grinder when I was in highschool and the wheel exploded. It was a pretty frightening experience. I don't remember what I was grinding, but I do remember the exploding wheel. Luckily, I wasn't hit by it. It shot across the workroom in my grandparents basement and the pieces hit the concrete wall, leaving marks on the wall. I could only imagine if it got me. I haven't touched a grinder since...
1997 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, ~4" of IRO lift, IRO short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos & BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie out back, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8 Stealth Crawlers, Niner grille, e-fan, Magnaflow stuff, HO alt, "mean eyes", tinted signals & tails, clear corners, sound system, cloth seats
1994 Caprice - "SQL Lab", HO charging system, SS suspension, show car in progress, some tasteful show mods...
2014 Silverado 1500 - DD on order
2010 Terrain - wife's DD, bone stock
2010 Gary Fisher Utopia - Black Ops platform pedals, SRAM X.9 shifters, BB7 calipers/G3 CS discs, NightRider Rebel 3.0 computer

Build Thread
Black Jeep Society
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #9415
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
i have...lets just say thank God for welding gloves and well made crotch areas on jeans...

on topic; still looking for a driver side door panel to no avail; and fixed up the passenger seat; the backrest gear was stuck somehow.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #9416
pincheburro956
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
did today. Hit me right in the pinky. SUCKS>... Good thing I was wearing gloves and safety glasses...

Today, I spent all day reinforcing my rear bumper mounting points. Went from thin angle iron to Hefty Square tubing. Bolted it up to the reinforcing steel to the back part of the unibody. and repainted it using bed coat liner.
Now I shouldnt have "tearing" of the unibody sheetmetal...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #9417
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

im a welder by trade, so I do a good bit of grinding obviously.

even still, when I was doing some fender trimming, I was in an akward spot and the cut off wheel grabbed the sheetmetal and the grinder got yanked out of my hands. cut off wheels exploded, luckily I had a guard on so it went away from me, and since I had on short sleeves and no gloves it probably woulda hurt

I usually wear gloves too, I was slacking.

ive seen too many people get hurt because they wanted to be "cool or tough" and not use the appropriate safety precautions
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #9418
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok

I was using a cut off wheel to cut the nuts on the shocks on my av the other day. Safety glasses no gloves. Exploded in my face, left black crap in my arms that took days to wash out, and left a nice gash in my nose. Glasses are a must, but I have to say the first thing I noticed in the pic was the sparks going on the paint, was gonna comment but thought the damage is done. Good call on the glasses though.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #9419
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
No safety glasses.
meh I was just cleaning off surface rust, when in positions that I'm going to be getting hit with sparks I usually where my welding helmet on grind mode and welding gloves.
Quote:

it kept on coming loose and was always in the way for awkward positioned cuts, so I tossed it.
sparks are the least of that paint's worries..
Quote:
I can always get new eyeballs from a corpse
Quote:
yup, well actually a cutting wheel, no biggie, it was an awkward cut so I had the helmet and gloves on.
Quote:
im a welder by trade, so I do a good bit of grinding obviously.

even still, when I was doing some fender trimming, I was in an akward spot and the cut off wheel grabbed the sheetmetal and the grinder got yanked out of my hands. cut off wheels exploded, luckily I had a guard on so it went away from me, and since I had on short sleeves and no gloves it probably woulda hurt

I usually wear gloves too, I was slacking.

ive seen too many people get hurt because they wanted to be "cool or tough" and not use the appropriate safety precautions
I usually do where plenty of protection, 70 degrees out, I'm wearing a carhartt, thick jeans, thick welding gloves, welding helmet, and ear plugs. this was just one of those times that most of that wasn't warranted because I wasn't having sparks in the face.
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #9420
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post

I usually do where plenty of protection, 70 degrees out, I'm wearing a carhartt, thick jeans, thick welding gloves, welding helmet, and ear plugs. this was just one of those times that most of that wasn't warranted because I wasn't having sparks in the face.
Complacency like that is what gets you hurt. Trust me. I was the same and I took a metal sliver to the eye. Know what they have to do to that? They pull it out with a magnet, then take a DREMEL to your eyeball with NO numbing agents. Metal instantly rusts in the viscous fluid of the eye. The dremel has to clean out the rust. Trust me, it is a pain you never want to experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.