What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 620 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 03-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #9286
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Got robbed!

jk, was getting 33's mounted

installed spacers while I waited

how it sits right now, on jackstands but this is ride height

can barely turn the front, I think I will take off 1" all the way around the fender and do some more BFH work. its a good thing i did this because when I pulled the splash guards out, the fenders were CAKED SOLID with mud! I dont mud and the rig looks to never have been offroaded before so I dont know where it came from. weird.

the rear ill just need to trim the rocker area a bit. the tire just about touches now, I had 1" of clearance before so if I get 1" of clearance again, ill be happy. no need to trim the whole thing. maybe the bumper...

cant wait to do some cutting and drive her!

Unread 03-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #9287
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Finished the Iro 3.5 in lift today

Front measures 3.75 even with the winch plate and winch
Rear measures 3.1ish (front v8 saggy springs with a lot of weight in the back)
Will replace them with the new springs IRO messed up my order on monday and tues moren alignment

I was suprised when I drove it around town today up to 45mph and no vibrations (won't try 55 till alignment)
Also my steering wheel is upside down and I can't turn right all the way alignment will fix the steering wheel, but also not being able to turn all the way right?
roughknight69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #9288
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Finished the Iro 3.5 in lift today

Front measures 3.75 even with the winch plate and winch
Rear measures 3.1ish (front v8 saggy springs with a lot of weight in the back)
Will replace them with the new springs IRO messed up my order on monday and tues moren alignment

I was suprised when I drove it around town today up to 45mph and no vibrations (won't try 55 till alignment)
Also my steering wheel is upside down and I can't turn right all the way alignment will fix the steering wheel, but also not being able to turn all the way right?
you sure your steering wheel isnt turned a full rotation or something? also, alignment isnt that hard, set your toe then center your steering wheel. caster is easy with the cam bolts
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #9289
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok View Post
you sure your steering wheel isnt turned a full rotation or something? also, alignment isnt that hard, set your toe then center your steering wheel. caster is easy with the cam bolts
When I drive straight the steering wheel is literally up side down I know you just loosen the drag link and turn it, but the alignment guys will do that anyway

It does seem like its a full turn off because even turned to the left all the way the steering wheel feels like it wants to keep turning but cant.

I presume fixing the steering wheel would give me the full turn back?
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #9290
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
When I drive straight the steering wheel is literally up side down I know you just loosen the drag link and turn it, but the alignment guys will do that anyway

It does seem like its a full turn off because even turned to the left all the way the steering wheel feels like it wants to keep turning but cant.

I presume fixing the steering wheel would give me the full turn back?
yea it sounds like your steering wheel is off a rotation

jump under your rig and see how your pitman arm looks with your wheels straight. it should be straight front and back
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #9291
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

I will have to look tomorrow it to late lol

but if it isnt correcting the steering wheel and make it straight again would give me my full right turn back?
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #9292
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I will have to look tomorrow it to late lol

but if it isnt correcting the steering wheel and make it straight again would give me my full right turn back?
it might, wouldnt hurt to atleast halfass center it before you get it aligned since its just 2 15" nuts and turn the sleeve. you are going to need to extend your drag link to compensate for the lift
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #9293
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok
Got robbed!

can barely turn the front, I think I will take off 1" all the way around the fender and do some more BFH work. its a good thing i did this because when I pulled the splash guards out, the fenders were CAKED SOLID with mud! I dont mud and the rig looks to never have been offroaded before so I dont know where it came from. weird.

the rear ill just need to trim the rocker area a bit. the tire just about touches now, I had 1" of clearance before so if I get 1" of clearance again, ill be happy. no need to trim the whole thing. maybe the bumper...

I've been dying to try and find a set of tj moabs for my zj for a while now :: jealous ::
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #9294
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
I've been dying to try and find a set of tj moabs for my zj for a while now :: jealous ::
I love how they look, really didnt want to go the soft 8/ d window route

I hawked CL for like a month and found some guy who got new wheels for his silver rubi because he hated the silver on silver
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #9295
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
it might, wouldnt hurt to atleast halfass center it before you get it aligned since its just 2 15" nuts and turn the sleeve. you are going to need to extend your drag link to compensate for the lift
this true lol I'll prob take a carck at it tomorrow when im putting the bumper back on
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #9296
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok

I love how they look, really didnt want to go the soft 8/ d window route

I hawked CL for like a month and found some guy who got new wheels for his silver rubi because he hated the silver on silver
All I see on CL is jk moabs. and I understand why people see getting rid of them. Theyre ugly without that dip like tj ones have
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #9297
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Just finished changing my spark plugs and wires and my engine developed a tick near the throttle body. Related to engine rpm, and its pretty loud. Wasn't there before. Anybody have any ideas? Its sitting with the battery disconnected for now.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #9298
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Just finished changing my spark plugs and wires and my engine developed a tick near the throttle body. Related to engine rpm, and its pretty loud. Wasn't there before. Anybody have any ideas? Its sitting with the battery disconnected for now.
I've heard older injectors get a pretty bad tick to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #9299
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
I'll be working on mine in 10 mins so text me any questions, or call. My old driveline is sitting on the shop floor.
Sorry didn't see this til now, nah I ended up meeting up with a guy to sell some parts to and took the dogs for a walk with the gf when I got home and now about to hit the hay before working tomorrow..woohoo
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #9300
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Got robbed!

I cut my rear rocker panel straight up with that line behind the door. Just notched that little piece off and it was fine.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.