What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #916
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Replaced my starter. Over 200k on the OEM, and it probably only died from being abused the last few weeks.

Unread 01-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #917
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN ZJ View Post
I thought there was a get together at Cap's. Guess I need to troll over to the Minnesota thread and see if it's still happening.

Mine's on the 14th. Gifts should be in the form of cash or a high-lift jack.
-K
haha they are like $38 at harbor freight. yeah i drove to fargo today, picked up my 15" Kicker CRV sub, then on the way home, the rad cap blew and lost all my coolant so i pulled over and my good buddy redhatman drove all the way from savage to autozone, picked me up a cap and coolant and brought it out to me. cant thank him enough! no going to best buy to look and see if my stereo will hook up so i can get it all in and finally get a nice system back in.
Unread 01-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #918
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

drove it to best buy and back, if anyone is curious the mounts are the same between xjs and zjs and the connectors should be too. im gonna wire back the drivers door speaker wires for my HU so i can just plug it in and ill be good to go hopefully!
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #919
JesseOR
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN ZJ View Post
Duuuuuude. Major suckage! Keep us informed about the repair, 'k.
-K
haha! will do. I am waiting to hear from a friend to get a trailer so we can tow it to his shop. it's not far from where it is at right now but it's all free way out and I don't want to do Tow straps on a freway...

www.facebook.com/jesse.whitehargrove
JesseOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #920
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

tore the dash apart, went to put the new stereo in, connectors arent the same..doh! waiting for the gf to get home so i can go out and get the right ones. hopefully it solves it. right now it gets power, but nothing to the speakers.

also, where is everyone running the power wires for their subs? i have 4awg wire for my amp and dont know where to go through on the firewall. only spot i can really see is near the kick panel on the drivers side there are to wires going into a gromet and i was gonna cut it out and run the wire through there. my zj doesnt have the nice, convenient grommet in the middle of the firewall above the gas pedal like my xj did
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #921
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
tore the dash apart, went to put the new stereo in, connectors arent the same..doh! waiting for the gf to get home so i can go out and get the right ones. hopefully it solves it. right now it gets power, but nothing to the speakers.

also, where is everyone running the power wires for their subs? i have 4awg wire for my amp and dont know where to go through on the firewall. only spot i can really see is near the kick panel on the drivers side there are to wires going into a gromet and i was gonna cut it out and run the wire through there. my zj doesnt have the nice, convenient grommet in the middle of the firewall above the gas pedal like my xj did
hah. Its on the pass. side behind the glove box. I had to take my whole dash off.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #922
MN ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

Here's a good place to look to see what others have done.
http://www.nagca.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
-K
Unread 01-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #923
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

yesterday i got rear ended at a red light good thing i had gas tank skid and hitch so i spent today pulling plastic cover off (insurance adjuster comes 2morrow) no real damage cracked cover and bent mounting bracket . Also put new battery and some 6" yellow fogs wired them to factory fog light switch pita swapping switch bout 20 screws out of dash
file0063.jpg  
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #924
jjjacobs81
1950 M-38 

for the power wire for your subs. i drilled a hole about three inches over from the exhaust manifold shield on the passenger side. it was hidden nicely or you can do it from the inside in the same spot to makesure you dont hit any of the heater box. and for the no sound to the speakers. if you have an infinity system you have to hook the blue wires up to power the factory amp and then you will have sound. I found out the hard way about two weeks ago..
jjjacobs81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #925
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

i had the same problem. there is a wiring harness diagram on this page: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...lease-1146841/
also a separate amp for the sub would fix the problem .
and i run the wires for the amp, sub and a couple of fog lights up front through the door seal cuz i dont want to drill holes. it doesnt look as clean but it works.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #926
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ok so i did the amp wires and ground and now the radio works flawlessly, but the CD and aux dont work..any clue? i made a new thread on it cause its starting to get frustrating haha. i am going to run a seperate amp for the sub
Unread 01-05-2011, 04:58 AM   #927
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

yeah my aux doesnt work either but i dont care because i play my ipod through a radio station. havent tried the cd player yet
Unread 01-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #928
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i like using the mp3 jack which is why id like to get it working through that..im gonna toy with it a little more today
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #929
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

i would also like to use the jack so if you get it working let me know. theres a decent amount of static when using the fm transmitter
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #930
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ive been calling around and been doing alot of searching and it seems like it all points to bypassing the factory amp in which youve gotta connect the inputs to the outputs. im gonna call crutchfield here soon and see what they can tell me.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.