What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 612 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #9166
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

yea

Unread 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #9167
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok View Post
got my 33's

Any chance you could weigh one of them?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #9168
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

if I had a scale I would lol

this is my 3rd set of guard dogs, they arent any heavier than new tires if thats what you are wondering
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #9169
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhound View Post
I am searching threads like cray trying to find a how to on changing front drive shaft from cv to u bolt. Anyone know a link to thread?
I got mine from a zj at a jy. you need the driveshaft and yolk from the donor. I had to get it cut down an inch or so but you might get lucky. The yoke was a ***** to get off and you need to be precise with the install or your diff wont last very long

On my ZJ today I adjusted the bearing pre-load on my steering box. It tightened the steering up but it feels like there is some very slight binding now. I might have to back it off a MM or two more.
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #9170
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok View Post
if I had a scale I would lol

this is my 3rd set of guard dogs, they arent any heavier than new tires if thats what you are wondering
glad to hear you like them so much. Ive been contemplating getting some rubi moabs to wrap with treadwright guard dogs
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #9171
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs View Post
glad to hear you like them so much. Ive been contemplating getting some rubi moabs to wrap with treadwright guard dogs
I currently run moabs with 31" TW's, got bored of the 31's so I got 33's

moabs are a nice change from the usual soft 8/d window look
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #9172
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

How's their wear on pavement? My ZJ is my daily so it sees a lot of pavement driving. I've been looking at mostly ATs because of that but they seem to have a pretty flat but still aggressive tread pattern.
ejschultz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #9173
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
How's their wear on pavement? My ZJ is my daily so it sees a lot of pavement driving. I've been looking at mostly ATs because of that but they seem to have a pretty flat but still aggressive tread pattern.
I have about 3k on my truck and 1k on my zj so I dont have any long term reports, but they primarily see street driving and dont seem to be wearing much at all
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #9174
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
That mtr pattern is considered a/t. Kind of in the same ballpark as duratracs
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #9175
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Duratracs are the other tire I'm thinking of... for that exact reason. It's considered "commercial traction."
ejschultz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #9176
Devanzj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Need to change that sig! Awesome dude
Indeed I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
Give it a few weeks, you'll wonder what the hell everyone who's above ~5" on short arms is smoking. Congrats!
It only took a few hours for that to happen hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Lol same here. Supposed about 75 tomorrow as well
Oh yeah? Well I'm getting 15cm of snow as we speak
Enjoy the warmth for me

On the way/waiting to go on: ford 8.8, 4.88s
Devanzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #9177
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Duratracs are the other tire I'm thinking of... for that exact reason. It's considered "commercial traction."
You see thats the thing I dont get. Its commercial traction but its only a 2ply sidewall. Aren't commercial tires supposed to have stiffer sidewalls?
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #9178
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I have Duratracs and they are great tires... I REALLY wanted BFG A/Ts, but couldn't source any, so I waited... Started reading about Duratracs which have a really interesting tread pattern that cleans itself and doesn't get clogged up. I was a bit worried that the A/Ts would pack up with snow/mud (as some of the reviews said) and lose traction, so this was a big plus. So far, driving in the snow, the treads haven't packed up at all. The tires have amazing bite on nearly every surface (except ice) and are really quiet on the highway. I only have about 1000 miles on my set, but they were incredible with the snow, and I am anxious to try 'em this summer!

Not to mention, they look amazing!

As for the sidewall thing, I believe the guy at the tire store told me mine were 5, but I can't remember. They're definitely not 2.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #9179
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
I have Duratracs and they are great tires... I REALLY wanted BFG A/Ts, but couldn't source any, so I waited... Started reading about Duratracs which have a really interesting tread pattern that cleans itself and doesn't get clogged up. I was a bit worried that the A/Ts would pack up with snow/mud (as some of the reviews said) and lose traction, so this was a big plus. So far, driving in the snow, the treads haven't packed up at all. The tires have amazing bite on nearly every surface (except ice) and are really quiet on the highway. I only have about 1000 miles on my set, but they were incredible with the snow, and I am anxious to try 'em this summer!

Not to mention, they look amazing!

As for the sidewall thing, I believe the guy at the tire store told me mine were 5, but I can't remember. They're definitely not 2.
Oh, because I've heard that the only thing people don't like about them is the sidewall and tearing them on rocks.

Edit: And I'm glad you didn't get bfg at's, they're overrated.

Unread 03-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #9180
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Oh, because I've heard that the only thing people don't like about them is the sidewall and tearing them on rocks.
I think they can be ordered in different sidewall thicknesses? I honestly don't know, but I am pretty sure the guy at the shop mentioned at least 3 ply, although I think it was 5... Bad memory
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.