What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 612 - JeepForum.com

 115Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9166 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 622
yea


2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins
E-rok is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9167 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok View Post
got my 33's

Any chance you could weigh one of them?
PolkaPower is online now  
post #9168 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 622
if I had a scale I would lol

this is my 3rd set of guard dogs, they arent any heavier than new tires if thats what you are wondering

2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins
E-rok is offline  
post #9169 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:20 PM
MurdaJs
Web Wheeler
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tustin
Posts: 3,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhound View Post
I am searching threads like cray trying to find a how to on changing front drive shaft from cv to u bolt. Anyone know a link to thread?
I got mine from a zj at a jy. you need the driveshaft and yolk from the donor. I had to get it cut down an inch or so but you might get lucky. The yoke was a ***** to get off and you need to be precise with the install or your diff wont last very long


On my ZJ today I adjusted the bearing pre-load on my steering box. It tightened the steering up but it feels like there is some very slight binding now. I might have to back it off a MM or two more.
MurdaJs is offline  
post #9170 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 PM
MurdaJs
Web Wheeler
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tustin
Posts: 3,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rok View Post
if I had a scale I would lol

this is my 3rd set of guard dogs, they arent any heavier than new tires if thats what you are wondering
glad to hear you like them so much. Ive been contemplating getting some rubi moabs to wrap with treadwright guard dogs
MurdaJs is offline  
post #9171 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 PM
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs View Post
glad to hear you like them so much. Ive been contemplating getting some rubi moabs to wrap with treadwright guard dogs
I currently run moabs with 31" TW's, got bored of the 31's so I got 33's

moabs are a nice change from the usual soft 8/d window look

2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins
E-rok is offline  
post #9172 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,444
How's their wear on pavement? My ZJ is my daily so it sees a lot of pavement driving. I've been looking at mostly ATs because of that but they seem to have a pretty flat but still aggressive tread pattern.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Trail Gear front bumper, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
post #9173 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
How's their wear on pavement? My ZJ is my daily so it sees a lot of pavement driving. I've been looking at mostly ATs because of that but they seem to have a pretty flat but still aggressive tread pattern.
I have about 3k on my truck and 1k on my zj so I dont have any long term reports, but they primarily see street driving and dont seem to be wearing much at all

2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins
E-rok is offline  
post #9174 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Freestyle713
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
How's their wear on pavement? My ZJ is my daily so it sees a lot of pavement driving. I've been looking at mostly ATs because of that but they seem to have a pretty flat but still aggressive tread pattern.
That mtr pattern is considered a/t. Kind of in the same ballpark as duratracs

94 Grand Cherokee 5.2 33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD16 View Post
I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.
Freestyle713 is offline  
post #9175 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,444
Duratracs are the other tire I'm thinking of... for that exact reason. It's considered "commercial traction."

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Trail Gear front bumper, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
post #9176 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Devanzj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PEI
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Need to change that sig! Awesome dude
Indeed I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
Give it a few weeks, you'll wonder what the hell everyone who's above ~5" on short arms is smoking. Congrats!
It only took a few hours for that to happen hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Lol same here. Supposed about 75 tomorrow as well
Oh yeah? Well I'm getting 15cm of snow as we speak
Enjoy the warmth for me

97 ZJ 5.2L, NP231, 6"ish lift, 33" KM2s, hp30, IRO front long arms, Clayton rear long arms, JKS quick discos, BDS Shocks, Flowmaster Super 10 Series muffler, KOR style bumper
Build Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...89/index2.html

On the way/waiting to go on: ford 8.8, 4.88s
Devanzj is offline  
post #9177 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Freestyle713
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Duratracs are the other tire I'm thinking of... for that exact reason. It's considered "commercial traction."
You see thats the thing I dont get. Its commercial traction but its only a 2ply sidewall. Aren't commercial tires supposed to have stiffer sidewalls?

94 Grand Cherokee 5.2 33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD16 View Post
I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.
Freestyle713 is offline  
post #9178 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
ZJMTL
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Duratracs are the other tire I'm thinking of... for that exact reason. It's considered "commercial traction."
I have Duratracs and they are great tires... I REALLY wanted BFG A/Ts, but couldn't source any, so I waited... Started reading about Duratracs which have a really interesting tread pattern that cleans itself and doesn't get clogged up. I was a bit worried that the A/Ts would pack up with snow/mud (as some of the reviews said) and lose traction, so this was a big plus. So far, driving in the snow, the treads haven't packed up at all. The tires have amazing bite on nearly every surface (except ice) and are really quiet on the highway. I only have about 1000 miles on my set, but they were incredible with the snow, and I am anxious to try 'em this summer!

Not to mention, they look amazing!


As for the sidewall thing, I believe the guy at the tire store told me mine were 5, but I can't remember. They're definitely not 2.
ZJMTL is offline  
post #9179 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Freestyle713
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
I have Duratracs and they are great tires... I REALLY wanted BFG A/Ts, but couldn't source any, so I waited... Started reading about Duratracs which have a really interesting tread pattern that cleans itself and doesn't get clogged up. I was a bit worried that the A/Ts would pack up with snow/mud (as some of the reviews said) and lose traction, so this was a big plus. So far, driving in the snow, the treads haven't packed up at all. The tires have amazing bite on nearly every surface (except ice) and are really quiet on the highway. I only have about 1000 miles on my set, but they were incredible with the snow, and I am anxious to try 'em this summer!

Not to mention, they look amazing!


As for the sidewall thing, I believe the guy at the tire store told me mine were 5, but I can't remember. They're definitely not 2.
Oh, because I've heard that the only thing people don't like about them is the sidewall and tearing them on rocks.

Edit: And I'm glad you didn't get bfg at's, they're overrated.

94 Grand Cherokee 5.2 33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD16 View Post
I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.
Freestyle713 is offline  
post #9180 of 45367 Old 03-13-2012, 08:46 PM
ZJMTL
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Oh, because I've heard that the only thing people don't like about them is the sidewall and tearing them on rocks.
I think they can be ordered in different sidewall thicknesses? I honestly don't know, but I am pretty sure the guy at the shop mentioned at least 3 ply, although I think it was 5... Bad memory
ZJMTL is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 40 08-12-2016 07:36 AM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome