What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 603 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 03-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #9031
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: , WA
Posts: 593
too lazy to do the WJ UCAs but I snagged a 242 bezel (well, part of one, sucks how they practically crumble when you try to pop them out), so I swapped out the face of my 249 one and put the 242 one on it. quadra trac with 2wd



__________________
1996 ZJ Limited 5.2
2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
E-rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #9032
trailhound
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: marlow, ok
Posts: 37
Painted those retarded gold gangster looking wheels. flat blck. 7.50 at walmart for 1 rattle black and one rattle satin clear. Quick scuff with 220 grit and a vinegar wash ( etches metal so paint will stick. ) hit it with a light primer (black) 2 coats of black...smoke a ciggerete pull zj forward a little. 1 coat. Smoke. Forward. 1 coat. Same with cler. U want 5 coats of clear toprotect. Looks sick. Also tinted my rear lights with two coats of lens tint from the zone. And I sprayed a camo job on drivers side rear dear. (Slapped atree so was going to replace it.) Love it...so on pay day I'm doing the whole day. Put a bug in the wifes ear to let me get a full replacement bumper andwinch. I do custom paint in my shop so its not like I can't come up with money. Lol. Just need the lessng on it. The wheels make a hell of a difference.
trailhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #9033
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: , WA
Posts: 593
you only used one can of paint to paint 4 wheels?
__________________
1996 ZJ Limited 5.2
2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
E-rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #9034
badbird17x
Web Wheeler
 
badbird17x's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: lisbon, nd
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhound
Painted those retarded gold gangster looking wheels. flat blck. 7.50 at walmart for 1 rattle black and one rattle satin clear. Quick scuff with 220 grit and a vinegar wash ( etches metal so paint will stick. ) hit it with a light primer (black) 2 coats of black...smoke a ciggerete pull zj forward a little. 1 coat. Smoke. Forward. 1 coat. Same with cler. U want 5 coats of clear toprotect. Looks sick. Also tinted my rear lights with two coats of lens tint from the zone. And I sprayed a camo job on drivers side rear dear. (Slapped atree so was going to replace it.) Love it...so on pay day I'm doing the whole day. Put a bug in the wifes ear to let me get a full replacement bumper andwinch. I do custom paint in my shop so its not like I can't come up with money. Lol. Just need the lessng on it. The wheels make a hell of a difference.
Pics? Only advise is add is when I put nightshades on my avalanche tails I cleared them too. My neighbor didn't and it looked awesome for 1 year, then looked like flat black. Only had it on the av a few months but I'm hopeing it helps.
__________________
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #9035
trailhound
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: marlow, ok
Posts: 37
Yes one can is all it takes. Too much and it'll look garbage when you scratch em on the trail. Just did a change though. Saw some gld pokin through where I missed. Kinda liked it so I wet sanded with some 600 grit in some different spots. Gives it a rustic look and will go well with the camo scene. Will do the clear on the lenses didn't think bout that. How do you post pics on here?
trailhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #9036
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: , WA
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhound View Post
Yes one can is all it takes. Too much and it'll look garbage when you scratch em on the trail. Just did a change though. Saw some gld pokin through where I missed. Kinda liked it so I wet sanded with some 600 grit in some different spots. Gives it a rustic look and will go well with the camo scene. Will do the clear on the lenses didn't think bout that. How do you post pics on here?
oh I have painted several sets of wheels and 1 can is barely enough to cover them, really not an adequate coat IMO

and it really doesnt matter how many coats you do, its all gonna scratch on the trail either way
__________________
1996 ZJ Limited 5.2
2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
E-rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #9037
TRAVASS
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Posts: 532
Put on my fog lights from my old truck, kind of a temporary mount but looks decent... And dam I just realized how my headlight is. Lol. Need to replace that whole assemble...

forumrunner_20120311_172215.jpg

Oh and ran my new (used) Tsunami 5-Farad Capacitor. No more light dimming when the bass hits!


forumrunner_20120311_172334.jpg
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #9038
trailhound
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: marlow, ok
Posts: 37
Keep in mind I primed these wheels aforehand. I'm not much of a rattle can fan unless I'm doing something small or camo jobs. Also, I am positive with the amount of trails and terrain I hit...they will be getting retagged on a monthly basis. With the primer on good, it didn't take but 4 thin coats to get what I wanted. A small touch ca go a long way. With that being said...any ideas on cb antenna placement? I have dual whips I want to put on and I'm thinking of the back latch and running the cables through the rear. Any ideas anyone?
trailhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #9039
indylodown
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Owensville IN, IN
Posts: 217
E-rok I tried gluing mine in for like the third time.
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #9040
indylodown
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Owensville IN, IN
Posts: 217
trailhound - here is how I mounted mine. I made the mount myself it works great.
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #9041
TRAVASS
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhound
Keep in mind I primed these wheels aforehand. I'm not much of a rattle can fan unless I'm doing something small or camo jobs. Also, I am positive with the amount of trails and terrain I hit...they will be getting retagged on a monthly basis. With the primer on good, it didn't take but 4 thin coats to get what I wanted. A small touch ca go a long way. With that being said...any ideas on cb antenna placement? I have dual whips I want to put on and I'm thinking of the back latch and running the cables through the rear. Any ideas anyone?
Heres how I ran and mounted my single whip.
forumrunner_20120311_173029.jpg   forumrunner_20120311_173046.jpg  
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #9042
1717pxcb
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: e. stroudsburg, pa
Posts: 64
put on a new belt and a new tensioner pulley.
old pulley literally fell apart and the belt started to melt. fun day
1717pxcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #9043
tinow
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 22
put in a new water pump and 180* thermostat and new valve cover gaskets
tinow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #9044
trailhound
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: marlow, ok
Posts: 37
Thanks on the pics. Looks like I'm building a bracket. Digging the flat black. Screw the camo...(as much as I love camo) I don't wanna be to high profile. Nothing sucks more than being stuck with a bright blue jeep screaming HEY WARDEN lol. Or that camo job that says...that's ok I know who that is anyways lol.
trailhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #9045
E-rok
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: , WA
Posts: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by indylodown View Post
E-rok I tried gluing mine in for like the third time.
I used clear silicone to keep it all together, somewhat.

everytime I see a 242 bezel at the JY, it falls apart as I try to take it out. and i try to be as careful as possible popping it out with a flathead, but they still just crumble at some point lol
__________________
1996 ZJ Limited 5.2
2011 WK2 Laredo X Hemi
E-rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door latch
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.