What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 593 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #8881
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Yeah, it could have been a niner or an orvis, you know, something important.
But man, apparently its arson. there was another red soft top tj hit just a block away like 20 min. later.

95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #8882
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
At least it wasn't a ZJ...
I knew this would be the first response after that.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #8883
richman10302
1994 ZJ 

Ahh...the first nice somewhat spring day in NYC

Got a new steering wheel leather wrap,slapped on new windshield wipers got a carpet cleaner vacuumed out the interior cleaned the rugs made her all purrty also ordered new sets of shoes..both passanger tires had slow leaks been driving me crazy the entire winter so got a deal for 4 instead of 2

Soon going to drain and refill the tranny and TC
richman10302 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #8884
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Bed lining the bed of my truck and it's raining and I needed to get some more stuff for it so I drove my Jeep, I forgot how much crap I needed to fix on it lol. I was going around a corner and started turning the wheel and it kept going straight, forgot I need to do TREs LOL
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #8885
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Bad day. Figured out most of the front suspension, but measured for the engine and it's way too wide. This sucks.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #8886
BRae_in_a_ZJ
1997 ZJ 

cleaned interior, washed it, cleaned windows, new wiper blades, tuned stereo. roof rack is on the way and should be here tomorrow
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #8887
spidermonkey
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Damn. I'm hoping to be in the 3500 range with mine. That's a big *** diet.
3500 is close to stock. I weighed it with all my trail tools, big sub box, skids, bumpers, rock rails, and heavy 33's. I bet you can do it with your lack of body panels.

My driveway build here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/spidermonkeys-98-zj-build-716209/
speedo reading x spd gear tooth count/gps speed = new spd gear for dead on accuracy
North Shore Wheelers www.nsw4x4.com
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #8888
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Washed the living **** out of her. Previous owner had a dog and apart from the dog hair all over the trunk, I found dog biscuits under the back seats...

Clean as hell now

ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #8889
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Changed the fluid in the tranny,transfer case, and rear diff. Was going to do the front but I lost motivation.
roughknight69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #8890
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Plasti-dipped my rims.

Power washer messed them up because I didn't let them cure completely though so I have to fix two of them. Blah.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #8891
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post

Plasti-dipped my rims.

Power washer messed them up because I didn't let them cure completely though so I have to fix two of them. Blah.

shouldve atleast tapped off your tires.
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #8892
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro View Post
shouldve atleast tapped off your tires.
That's actually because of what parts I cleaned. They don't look like that now (after I washed the whole thing, obviously).
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #8893
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister

Plasti-dipped my rims.

That doesn't stand up well.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #8894
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

I just re-read my post, and you're right. I did say discussing was a federal offense. I must not have read over my post before hitting submit. Sorry about that misinformation due to letting my fingers go faster than my brain

The action of tampering or removing emission equipment is against the Clean Air Act. Discussing removal of said equipment is not allowed on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggie99 View Post
Just to clarify for me, because I live outside the USA and here in the Middle East my 1996 GC was supplied new by Jeep without any emissions kit........... is it actually a federal offence to just DISCUSS removing emissions kit or is it only an offence if you actually do it? The second post quoted above suggests that it's only an offence to do it but in an earlier one you suggest that it's an offence to even talk about it (and that's 2 different things).

If it's an offence to even talk about it, when did Thought Crime (from "1984") become a reality in the USA?

Logically, because I live in a region where emissions kit is not required, I can talk about it when US based members can't!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
I believe hes saying its a forum rule not to speak of such. Im sure there is no "law" against said subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moggie99 View Post
Thanks - it's just that he quite clearly said in the first post that it IS a Federal offence to talk about it - and surely that can't be true.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #8895
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post

Plasti-dipped my rims.

What's the melting point of Plasti-Dip? I would think if you got your brakes good and hot, hilarity would not ensue
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.