What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 579 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #8671
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Put most of the interior back together.

image-1326809231.jpg   image-1780204352.jpg   image-2020548988.jpg  
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #8672
cherokeekid58
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just got done welding in the flowmaster, which is quiter than the factory muffler with a rust hole in it. Also found out I need to do a lot of rust repair which means replacing close to all of the suspension. Idk if its worth it. Should I sell it and try to find another?

So far it seems correlated to OCD and the need to look at one's poop."
cherokeekid58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #8673
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Badbird, that thing is absolutely sick. I'd definitely love to have something like that. Unfortunately, I'd probably never use it to its fullest potential.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #8674
RTQL8
1999 WJ 

did a f>r spring swap and used 74 f150 coils, looks ok, i would like the front a little higher, may throw on my 2" pucks, ill have pics up tomorrow.
RTQL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #8675
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Finally getting around to installing some auxiliary light switches.
I didn't want them to stand out looking ugly, be in a hard to reach or hard to see place.
They needed to be low profile and fit in looking like they where stock, when sitting in the front seat you can hardly notice them.

I still need to finish running wires and adding a dimmer control to them.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #8676
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
Badbird, that thing is absolutely sick. I'd definitely love to have something like that. Unfortunately, I'd probably never use it to its fullest potential.
Thanks man. I'll push it, but I wheel 3 times a year and like to not wreck it on the first day out there. Should get crazy on the last day 3 times this year though.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #8677
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer
Finally getting around to installing some auxiliary light switches.
I didn't want them to stand out looking ugly, be in a hard to reach or hard to see place.
They needed to be low profile and fit in looking like they where stock, when sitting in the front seat you can hardly notice them.

I still need to finish running wires and adding a dimmer control to them.
I like it.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #8678
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
put 2 wholes in my tranny pan at Rausch Creek Offroad Park, stuck in the lowest part of the trails for about an hour until i was off the rock than it took 4 tow straps and 3 hours of towing me out of the rest of the black trail we were running and then uphill through greens, thankfully i was with a handful of trucks and a group of guys who were amazing! Once we got out on the emergency exit i loaded it up on my buddies trailer were it sat at the hotel for an extra day until my dad drove up from NY to rescue me... he wasnt to thrilled... and what made it worse was the truck wouldnt start! as soon as i made impact it shut off, just cranked didnt turn over... on top of that it was my moms birthday sunday :x.... probably the worst experience ever...

Luckily though! The TRANS/ECU fuse kept blowing so i figured it was shorting somewhere so once i dropped the pan i must have freed the shorted connection it started up. So what happend was the pan when it was bolted up was shorting out the wire and blowing the fuse and making it not run!
i think i seen your NY crew up there on your way out youz were on trail 11 we took a detour around ya then my jeep took a dump shortly after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
first time i seen some one mount switches in that fashion nice
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #8679
RTQL8
1999 WJ 

yeah those switches look nice!!
RTQL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #8680
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

I like the blue red looking all popo like.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #8681
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

You also need to trim this piece out so that the switches will have enough room, then you can use slide on wire connectors with room to spare.

I did cover the steel with a few layers of gorilla tape for a little added safety.
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #8682
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

I dunno about gorilla, but I do know some of the silver colored duct tape is electrically conductive. Just an FYI
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #8683
Kirk595x
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjgr

Is there a third row seat for ZJ's?
I plan on installing a Suzuki Samurai or a Sidekick rear seat. Small enough to fit and will fold up for cargo. We have a family of Seven so I don't have much choice and the police frown on strapping the kids on roof rack..lol. I'll post picks when I get it installed.
Kirk595x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #8684
tjtenor4
1998 ZJ 

Not today, I guess... but yesterday (Sunday), I replaced both front axle shafts. Just got new tires (my 2nd set of Pirelli Scorpion ATRs - love that tread), and when I had them mounted & balanced, the shop mentioned both of my CV boots were completely ripped up (somehow I didn't notice that when I did a full brake hardware job a month or two ago... ). Shop quoted me ~$600 for parts & labor. I did it for $120 parts

... then again, it also took me about 8-10 hours (from starting lifting it to cleanup being complete, and including a couple of breaks), mostly because it took 4-6 hours to get the @#*@#*@# hub assemblies off the steering knuckles, since both they - and the bolts that held them in - had rusted solid. Thanks to PB Blaster, a BFH, combination wrenches, and finally a hub puller, I got them out.

Man, it's satisfying to finally get a job like that done, but boy was I pissed about 2/3 of the way through (before I was certain I was gonna be able to get them out)...
tjtenor4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #8685
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk595x View Post
I plan on installing a Suzuki Samurai or a Sidekick rear seat. Small enough to fit and will fold up for cargo. We have a family of Seven so I don't have much choice and the police frown on strapping the kids on roof rack..lol. I'll post picks when I get it installed.
Is a non-factory installed seat even legal? I'm just wondering. And you should see if a tj rear seat will fit. Just get the brackets from a jy or something and bolt them down.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.