Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#11,441 ·
aesimpleton said:
Got the PS cooler mounted, but broke the nipple on the PS reservoir so I can't finish the job until tomorrow. PITA getting the hose to fit.

On the positive side, my wife has a safari rack being built for me at her fence company, under $100 all told for 40 x 60 x 4 powder coated 1" steel. Solves my shovel, axe, and extra fuel storage problems all at once. I also got my 2" BB in, just waiting on the shocks.

I'm debating keeping my stock wheels and just getting better tires, using the saved money on performance upgrades (i.e. injectors). Dunno what I can fit on the stock wheels but I don't think wheels will improve much more than the appearance with a 2" lift.

So I'm getting somewhere, 1 week in.
Broke mine on an engine swap and had to buy the whole pump, broke new one last week when my left side motor mount broke while pulling a guy out, I was hitting him hard. I tapped the tank then tread taped the crap out of a metal nipple, working great but there isn't much there to bite so do not over tighten it.

#11,442 ·
Broke mine on an engine swap and had to buy the whole pump, broke new one last week when my left side motor mount broke while pulling a guy out, I was hitting him hard. I tapped the tank then tread taped the crap out of a metal nipple, working great but there isn't much there to bite so do not over tighten it.
I thought of doing something like that, but was able to get the reservoir.

#11,444 ·
Don't rule out JB Weld for PS reservoir repairs. I'm pretty sure a buddy of mine is still running the same one we patched almost 2 years ago :laugh:

Stinks that you can buy a pump without a reservoir, but you can't buy a reservoir by itself...at least last time I shopped. They're a PITA to swap out too, so you're better off just replacing the pump.

#11,445 ·
Don't rule out JB Weld for PS reservoir repairs. I'm pretty sure a buddy of mine is still running the same one we patched almost 2 years ago :laugh:

Stinks that you can buy a pump without a reservoir, but you can't buy a reservoir by itself...at least last time I shopped. They're a PITA to swap out too, so you're better off just replacing the pump.
Ha. Epoxy and RTV was the plan, but I decided I'd rather not have it go bad on some back road in Death Valley, so I went for replacement. I was able to order a reservoir without the pump at O'Reilly's, coming in tomorrow morning.

#11,446 ·
aesimpleton said:
Ha. Epoxy and RTV was the plan, but I decided I'd rather not have it go bad on some back road in Death Valley, so I went for replacement. I was able to order a reservoir without the pump at O'Reilly's, coming in tomorrow morning.
Sucks when it comes off. Lit mine on fire.

#11,447 ·
That's good that reservoirs are finally available by themselves.

Epoxy is good stuff, but JB is better :D

#11,449 ·
My header panel was about that bad and I tried gluing it also. Not gonna cut it I don't think unless you do a really good job, I just got one off a parted out ZJ

#11,450 ·
TRAVASS said:
Almost there... Used gorilla epoxy to get all the plastic together. Doing the same here... In the morning all I have to worry about is securing the headlight itself...
Add some zip tie stitching. Works awesome. 2 holes 1 zip tie, more the marrier.

#11,451 ·
badbird17x said:
Add some zip tie stitching. Works awesome. 2 holes 1 zip tie, more the marrier.
Yeah I was actually thinking about it. letting it set while still clamped over night. Then zip ties up the *** in the am. It actually to be holding pretty good as of right now. But tomorrow after I'm finished and I drive it down the road and hit a few bumps will be the true test... We shall see....

#11,455 ·
TRAVASS said:
Yeah I was actually thinking about it. letting it set while still clamped over night. Then zip ties up the *** in the am. It actually to be holding pretty good as of right now. But tomorrow after I'm finished and I drive it down the road and hit a few bumps will be the true test... We shall see....
I usually fix things by stitching, then glue it before you snug up the zip ties, holds glue in place very well, yet flexes if need down the road.