What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 571 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #8551
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Me and my friends piled in it to go see Act of Valor tonight and it blew a relay. Now my dome lights and courtesy lights are ****ed up, along with my radio and VIC. Gonna pick up a new relay tomorrow.

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #8552
97zjredneck
1997 ZJ 

Not technically today but Wednesday I made some temp rocker "protection" to cover up the rust and crinkled drivers rocker. Old 95 F-250 diamond plate bedcaps were laying around and lord knows there won't be a ford sitting in this driveway, I had to do something with them!!

IRO Benchmark 3.5" Lift|HD Front & Rear Trackbars|31" Yokohama Geolandar AT-S|JKS Quicker Disco's|Trimmed Front and Rear Bumpers/Bedlined Hood & Lower Body|O/R Lights on Custom Mounts|Kevin's Offroad Front Recovery Bar[/FONT][/B]
97zjredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #8553
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Finally got back out there to deal with the zip tied brake cam and levers.
Broke loose. The rusted buggers cleaned them up, put on all new hardware and shoes. Now if I happen to blow brake line. I am good.
Checked out the trailer lights hook up, that was already on the Jeep ,to see if it was working. They were not. Found a little box , the wires going into it , except one ,were working, the wires coming out of it were not, with the help of foundrydude figured out it was a converter to combine the brake lights and turn signals because they are separate. Then I had half of the back end of this jeep tore apart tracing wires, then I finally figured out the converter is hooked up directly to the battery and that fuse was blown.and all I had to do was open the hood and replace a fuse.
dsci0272.jpg   dsci0277.jpg  

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #8554
StidgeInTN
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRae_in_a_ZJ
today i painted my gas cap cover thing black as well as painted a few more of the badges... but the badges are looking like crap anybody know how to just remove them?
Warm it up with a heat gun or hair dryer, then use fishing line. You may need to lift an edge just a bit with a screw driver or putty knife, but once you get the fishing line in there it cuts thru it pretty good. Then clean off the glue with some bug and tar remover. This way should save your emblems if you want to paint and re-use and won't scratch up your paint.
StidgeInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #8555
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StidgeInTN View Post
Warm it up with a heat gun or hair dryer, then use fishing line. You may need to lift an edge just a bit with a screw driver or putty knife, but once you get the fishing line in there it cuts thru it pretty good. Then clean off the glue with some bug and tar remover. This way should save your emblems if you want to paint and re-use and won't scratch up your paint.
cool trick

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #8556
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StidgeInTN

Wd-40 works as well as bug and tar. Works on any adhesive.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #8557
Wildspear
1993 ZJ 

I modded my grill, took out the slats and put in some screen and then painted it flat black

I also took off the regular shifter handle (auto) and put on a grenade (pretty easy mod).
Wildspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #8558
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

Hitched a lift out into the desert, fitted a new water pump to my ZJ and drove it home.

moggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #8559
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713
Me and my friends piled in it to go see Act of Valor tonight and it blew a relay. Now my dome lights and courtesy lights are ****ed up, along with my radio and VIC. Gonna pick up a new relay tomorrow.
How was that movie? Been wondering ....
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #8560
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97zjredneck
Not technically today but Wednesday I made some temp rocker "protection" to cover up the rust and crinkled drivers rocker. Old 95 F-250 diamond plate bedcaps were laying around and lord knows there won't be a ford sitting in this driveway, I had to do something with them!!
Looks good. If it's only temporary, how did you mount them? I like the idea. I think if you went steel it'd be strong enough for a hi lift if the protection wraps under the rocker panels and was permanent.
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #8561
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
How was that movie? Been wondering ....
How good could it be? It has rap music blaring through the preview. I don't think sliding across the floor while firing your m-16 is standard training either. It's just propaganda for recruiting.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #8562
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

How good could it be? It has rap music blaring through the preview. I don't think sliding across the floor while firing your m-16 is standard training either. It's just propaganda for recruiting.
Those are my thoughts too! For one they are seals not actors. Two, seal team six was not talked about until osama was killed. That happened less than a year ago. So they didn't have much time to put this movie together.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #8563
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

New tires!!!!!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #8564
torchd
1998 ZJ 

^^^^^^

DuraTracs FTW!!!!

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #8565
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd
^^^^^^

DuraTracs FTW!!!!
Agreed, just got them a month ago, and they are awesome

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.