Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#11,382 ·
pincheburro956 said:
awesome angry eyes. welcome to the club. hey, we should start one..."Angey Eyed ZJ #001".
I had my cousin at the shop while I was taping it, I kept saying your going to love this, and the danger ranger will be in here tomorrow getting this done. Pulled the tape when done and he's like, let's do the ranger now lol. Sooo, there will be a ford in the club tomorrow.

#11,387 ·
Bought this yesterday and I'm going to fit it to the ZJ today or tomorrow. Once I figure out the Fitment, I'll knock the rust off and paint it. Bought it for $20 on craigslist. It came from a Wrangler.

#11,388 ·
What grease should I use to lube up my TC linkage? How do I go about getting to the cable for the TC?

I doubt its never been lubed up :laugh:

#11,389 ·
Bought this yesterday and I'm going to fit it to the ZJ today or tomorrow. Once I figure out the Fitment, I'll knock the rust off and paint it. Bought it for $20 on craigslist. It came from a Wrangler.

Suggestion: Pull the bumper cover off and weld it to the actual bumper underneath.

Sick. How did you mount those wrangler style lights?

Used needle nose pliers to hold the nut and threaded the bolt through. Otherside has silicone caulk to hold it sturdy. Not the prettiest, but it works.

I'm going to wire them up to the factory fog lights, but I blew the relay about a week ago so I have to get a new one.

#11,390 ·
Suggestion: Pull the bumper cover off and weld it to the actual bumper underneath.
I have my front bumper cover already off. I just went out there before I had to go to work and all I have to do is take one bracket off the tube bumper and it should just slide right on to my bumper. I'm not going to weld it on as I might want to remove it one day.

#11,395 ·
Talking to me? They are more or less driving lights but they are safe there and in no danger if I happen to go wheeling :) They fit just right too!
Yeah. I guess I shoulda quoted you. I'd like to add some driving lights on top of my bumper like on a 93-95 ZJ. I have the lights, I just need to figure out how to mount them to the bumper. The brackets from a 93-95 don't work with a 96-98 header panel/bumper cover/grille. I have to devise something to make them work.

#11,396 ·
I tried that before but scrapped the plan and did this instead. I had two L brackets drilled into the bumper with holes for the brackets in the bumper cover, with the lights on top. Wasn't bad but I prefer this way. I might still put my lights back in the factory location on top of these.

#11,397 ·
mojop79 said:
What kind of paint did you use?
Started with 4 coats of nightshades spray tint but it was purple red when lights where on so I just rattled it the same black as the rest of it, fleet farm flat black.

#11,400 ·
So after spending 2 days chasing down an open circuit and bad ground to my power antenna relay it dawned on me :idea:, the PO had replaced the OE power antenna with a made in china replacement and bypassed the relay because the replacement had a relay built in. :facepalm: But I got it straightened out so now I have a working power antenna. :woot: