Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#11,283 ·
V8jeepinVA said:
24mpg on 35s never sees mud but around the farm and tows multiple times in the week and my dd

OT: cut new trails in the woods with a stream crossing and wheeled it till i was bored with it, on to the next spot
How much lift is that? I had a leveling kit in my mega with 35s, couldn't see crap lol. My wife nearly turned into the car next to us in parking lots twice with that thing.

Attachments

#11,285 ·
Lol guess i should've held off on my last post! No stacks but lots of smoke... only when i wanna show up an import
I used to show up imports with smoke. From the tail of my RX7. Because RX7s smoke at high RPM. That tail was all they'd see.

Then one day, driving home from school, it spun out. Differential bound up. 26 years old, it never got lubricated. It was not a babied car.

Sold it, bought a ZJ. FUN STUFF.

#11,286 ·
V8jeepinVA said:
5in rough country, 5 front 3 rear on 20x10 moto metal wrapped in 35x12.50 toyo open country
Should have room for more tire right? Mine had 35/22 open country when I bought it but it rode like crap so I put on 35/12.5/18 Mickey atzs for some sidewall. It never rubbed a bit and they where 18x9 with -12 offset badlands.

#11,288 ·
As weak as it is just took off, sanded and repainted my roof rack. On the docket for tomorrow figure out the wiring for my side mirror. The original one's post that held the spring mounts broke so I just put a bolt through it. Went out to the wreckers the other day and found a real nice replacement one from a 94 or 95. Went to change them out and noticed that the cables were different lengths and had different connecters(6 pin v. 8 pin). Luckily they only used 5 colour coded wires so I just spliced the original long cable to the matching colours on the short. Works fine, only issue was that now left and right are up and down and vice versa

#11,289 ·
I didn't work very hard on the zj today since it was mothers day
But I finished bolting up my front HP dana30 and unbolteded my iron rock t-case skidplate the unbolteded and unpluged everything on the t-case tomorrow I will remove it and get the 231 in

#11,294 ·
Yesterday through this morning, I took it on a 220+ mile round trip. I had to go pick up my drunk brother from Rantoul, Illinois.
put 460miles on the 94 this weekend @19.3mpg (according to the over head) funny how when she drives it and i check it says 14.6

also came across a few other jeeps 4 in this pic

#11,299 ·
nickpequignot said:
Or glow shift
I put 3 glow shift gauges in my ta and 3 in my old Chevy. 2 months later the trans temps where the only ones working.