Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#11,222 ·
Picked up some New parts

In Stock: 58
Piston Return Spring

KaleCoAuto has produced the highest quality piston return spring to date! High temperance chromed metal resists temperatures up to 300'f. KaleCoAuto piston return springs FORCE the pistons back into the motor, no longer relying on gravity! This effectively increases your revs, horsepower, and peak torque! You must buy one return spring per piston. Rotary engines require install of pistons for full compatibility. One per piston. Please specify if you are using a boxer motor!
Model:
Price: $54.99
Weight: 0lbs

Camera accessory Automotive tire Rectangle Auto part Automotive wheel system

Heavy Duty Clutch Belt
$29.99
In Stock: 555
A long time ago when the transmission began to slip, you'd know it was time for a rebuild. But! Rebuilds are costly, and half the time, not neccesary. What you may be experiencing is clutch-belt failure! KaleCoAuto heavy duty kevlar belts are made with the quality you can expect from KaleCoAuto. Please specify diameter and width of belt when ordering.

Vision care Eyewear Eye glass accessory Line Font

#11,223 ·
Took the rear axle out and started installing my currie 9in axle thanks to claytons rear long arms and there high clearance axle brackets

Attachments

#11,224 ·
hdrocknroll said:
Picked up some New parts

In Stock: 58
Piston Return Spring

KaleCoAuto has produced the highest quality piston return spring to date! High temperance chromed metal resists temperatures up to 300'f. KaleCoAuto piston return springs FORCE the pistons back into the motor, no longer relying on gravity! This effectively increases your revs, horsepower, and peak torque! You must buy one return spring per piston. Rotary engines require install of pistons for full compatibility. One per piston. Please specify if you are using a boxer motor!
Model:
Price: $54.99
Weight: 0lbs

Heavy Duty Clutch Belt
$29.99
In Stock: 555
A long time ago when the transmission began to slip, you'd know it was time for a rebuild. But! Rebuilds are costly, and half the time, not neccesary. What you may be experiencing is clutch-belt failure! KaleCoAuto heavy duty kevlar belts are made with the quality you can expect from KaleCoAuto. Please specify diameter and width of belt when ordering.

Thanks for reminding me of that site. I had it saved a while back but lost it. I'm gonna use this to expose one of my supervisors complete lack of mechanical aptitude.

#11,226 ·
Is this a Currie housing you can buy new from them?
It's all from currie its 4.56 gears arb locker 35spline axle shafts disk brakes
It was built for a tj I did some trade work and painted a guys truck for that axle and my HPdana 30 front axle geared and ready

#11,231 ·
Not today but yesterday I dropped my gas tank because it was leaking. PO did such a hack job. Wires on harness going to the fuel pump were rigged like 5 year old did it. So fixed that. Which was the reason my fuel gauge was not working. then saw the new fuel pump the PO put in, he didn't have it seated correctly, hence the leaking. So got it all fixed up. Only pic I have as proof it happened.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

I'm sitting where the gas tank would be fixing the wires.

#11,234 ·
Got the new corner lights. Definitely Chinese knock offs but hopefully they'll work fine and last.
I've had success with the Rockauto signal markers after the front right side of my Jeep decided to tangle with the boss' left rear fender :laugh:

I don't like their headlight housings though.

#11,236 ·
zjmtl lay on your back, with your feet under the front axle and head towards the rear end, look up towards the top of the bell housing with a flashlight on the driver side, it will be right up in there. under the hood the connector is down at the bottom right above the starter on the passenger side near the back of the engine bay, its about 9 inches long the wire that runs to the cps. to get at the cps easier use about 2-3 feet of extension and a swivel at the end by the bolt and ratchet it out of there. just did the parents cps in the 4.0 a week ago. went real smooth.

edit: the bolt head is visible from the position i told you to lay in under there, the ratchet end of the extension should end up around the crossmember. and the other end should be up near the top of the bellhousing going in a parallel line with the vehicle, but angled upwards
Thanks man! I could actually see the sensor but not well, gonna try your way tomorrow. Any idea what size bolt we're talking about here?

#11,238 ·
my first time welding....eh, at least it dont leak

#11,240 ·
Thanks man! I could actually see the sensor but not well, gonna try your way tomorrow. Any idea what size bolt we're talking about here?
The Crank Sensor bolt size is 11mm