Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#1,101 ·
Spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why my power lock switch wouldn't work on my driver side. :confused: Today i tore into the rubber boot that feeds the wires from my door to the body to find corrosion and broken wires.. got it all fixed and my locks are finally fully functional :tea:
My driver's door actuator doesn't work. Maybe I have the same problem.
The good news is that it makes it harder to lock my keys inside!
-K

#1,103 ·
put on my cherrybomb turbo, wow, that was a *****. just the muffler off, then couldnt find the right pipe extension, ended up cutting a bunch of slits in a 2 1/4" extension, bending them in and then taking a big rubber mallet and pounding it into the cat. gonna weld it up when i get the chance cause it still leaks a little but man it sounds great! no drone and just a little louder than stock but not much. ill get a vid when i can.

oh, and my stock muffler had a ton of rust holes on top of it..that explains the exhaust leak hahah
Cool. My stock muffler has, like, three holes in it now. The sad thing is that it now has a really nice tone! I may think about replacing it with the Cherry Turbo, since I hate drone.

AIR--gonna be around anytime soon? I'd like to hear what yours sounds like.
-K

#1,104 ·
Cool. My stock muffler has, like, three holes in it now. The sad thing is that it now has a really nice tone! I may think about replacing it with the Cherry Turbo, since I hate drone.

-K
I can get a vid of the 5.2 tomorrow if you want

#1,106 ·

-K
yeah i just got a 4.0 but besides working all the time and going to school, i am around haha. and yeah, there were atleast 5 holes in my stock muffler not to mention around the input pipe, it was half rusted off.

#1,107 ·
93CheepGC. bumper build looks good. any more pics of your zj with teh ravines? i love those rims and wish i could switch over lol

#1,108 ·
My zj is a more charcoal gray color.. do you think that the slanted paint on the head light would look good with black on mine?
Yeah I've seen black eyelids with a different body color, it looks good, especially if you have black wheels.
But you can also get check if Duplicolor makes your exact paint code and paint them gray to match, thats what i would do. Either way it helps get rid of that old school boxy look.

#1,110 ·
Light pictures

Used the mounts for the wind fairing:

Lights are Pilot Navigators (Hella 500 knockoffs). I just put them on last night and am going to reroute the wiring, since I don't care for it going over the top of the fairing.
-K

#1,119 ·
they were alright, id rather have the hellas..more output..the navigators were about the same as stock headlights or atleast mine were
I plan to pull one of my 500s off of the BMW and mount it next to a Navigator for comparison. Of course, this probably won't happen 'til spring...

For anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, Fleet Farm has the Navigators for $21.49 a pair. :thumbsup:
-K