What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 550 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #8236
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ

Like I told 800 other people.. My tires will hit before the shovel does. Never has my mirror even hit a tree.
I'm not mocking the idea. I'd just put it on the other side so you can see it maybe. I love my bumper handyman holder and still use it, but it did cost me a jack when a stray branch caught my hitch clip just right. If it was on my driver fender I may have seen it. Also depends on the wheeling you do but I laid mine on the pass side last time I was out, wound up driving it out but it happens. If your confident there is no way you'll loose your shovel go for it. I made another jack holder in the bed for when I'm in the trees now.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #8237
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
I'm not mocking the idea. I'd just put it on the other side so you can see it maybe. I love my bumper handyman holder and still use it, but it did cost me a jack when a stray branch caught my hitch clip just right. If it was on my driver fender I may have seen it. Also depends on the wheeling you do but I laid mine on the pass side last time I was out, wound up driving it out but it happens. If your confident there is no way you'll loose your shovel go for it. I made another jack holder in the bed for when I'm in the trees now.
I know your not mocking it. I am just saying, Ive never come close to hitting my fenders.

My bumper is going to have my hilift.
Driver side will have the axe.
Pass side will have the shovel.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #8238
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
I know your not mocking it. I am just saying, Ive never come close to hitting my fenders.

My bumper is going to have my hilift.
Driver side will have the axe.
Pass side will have the shovel.
Sounds good then. My jack system is simple with small chunk of exhaust tube on one side and a pin on the other. If in trees I would change to a locking wing nut though lol.
image-281752708.jpg   image-1489557953.jpg  
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #8239
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Sounds good then. My jack system is simple with small chunk of exhaust tube on one side and a pin on the other. If in trees I would change to a locking wing nut though lol.
I ordered the tube mount for the Hi Lift. So I can mount it on the bull bars of the ARB. But nice set up.
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #8240
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:

I ordered the tube mount for the Hi Lift. So I can mount it on the bull bars of the ARB. But nice set up.
That's my lazy farmer bumper I made after getting stuck pulling a irrigator. Then was pulling another one day and ripped the bolts out of the frame, so I welded 1/2 in bolts 10 inches down the frame. It holds now lol. Works really well having the jack, a hitch, and the winch, but a lot of the time I made a receiver mount for my generator that rides up there most the time. Works awesome if it didn't look so hillbilly lol.
Unread 02-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #8241
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
If I drank we would have a deal lol. Just pm me when you start, I'll give you my number, if you have power tools, and a ratchet wrench you'll have it done in 45 mins tops. Get to it. I agree with the axle moved back you may not need to cut, let's find out.
Ha. Very rarely do I drink. First of all, alcoholism runs in my family. Secondly, I have better things to spend my money on, like my ZJ. I usually use beer as joking bribe. I'll definitely let you know before I do it. My buddy is probably going to let me use his shop so I can get it up on a lift and have access to all the power tools I'd need. That'd also be killer if I didn't have to cut my slip yoke. I think I told you before, the DS I got from the JY has a very shallow dent in it. I guess with all the power tools, I could probably find something to cut the slip yoke with should I need to trim it.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #8242
Bkuprionas
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Also looking to fab up a mount for my Shovel. Ill be doing an axe on the other side.

More in my build thread. Link located below.
Quick fist clamps. You can get them at endroad.com.
Bkuprionas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #8243
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
That'd also be killer if I didn't have to cut my slip yoke. I think I told you before, the DS I got from the JY has a very shallow dent in it. I guess with all the power tools, I could probably find something to cut the slip yoke with should I need to trim it.
When we did the 242 swap in the 5.9, the problem wasn't the yoke bottoming out against the output shaft. Instead, the front of the yoke hit the oil slinger. There was like maybe 1/4" between the yoke and the slinger when at ride height. We decided to go the driveshaft cut down route because we didn't want to lose spline engagement. It was pricey, but at least it was done correctly.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #8244
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkuprionas

Quick fist clamps. You can get them at endroad.com.
Friend who is a fire fighter told me about those. That was my plan to use them. Just gotta find a way to lock it up.
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #8245
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers View Post
When we did the 242 swap in the 5.9, the problem wasn't the yoke bottoming out against the output shaft. Instead, the front of the yoke hit the oil slinger. There was like maybe 1/4" between the yoke and the slinger when at ride height. We decided to go the driveshaft cut down route because we didn't want to lose spline engagement. It was pricey, but at least it was done correctly.
I'm not too sure what you're talking about but I'll definitely make sure to check the DS clearance with all the components underneath at ride height and while it's up on the lift. I'll guesstimate the clearance when the suspension is fully loaded then by seeing what it does at normal height and when it's unloaded. I'm hoping to not have any clearance issues. And, like I said, if worst comes to worst, I still have the DS from the donor.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #8246
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

Ha. Very rarely do I drink. First of all, alcoholism runs in my family. Secondly, I have better things to spend my money on, like my ZJ. I usually use beer as joking bribe. I'll definitely let you know before I do it. My buddy is probably going to let me use his shop so I can get it up on a lift and have access to all the power tools I'd need. That'd also be killer if I didn't have to cut my slip yoke. I think I told you before, the DS I got from the JY has a very shallow dent in it. I guess with all the power tools, I could probably find something to cut the slip yoke with should I need to trim it.
I used a chop saw.
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #8247
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Heading to home depot for the hardware to build my zj drawer system
roughknight69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #8248
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom2007 View Post
Moggie99...man, I'm jealous...could you do me a favor: mail me some gas, maybe a few thousand gallons? Lol..sure, they might have issues trying to mail a flamable, hazardous liquid...just ask nicely, I'm sure they will let it slide this one time.
I don't think that Empost and the USPS would be too happy. Sorry.

On topic: changed the oil on my front diff.
moggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #8249
samsonitesamson
1995 ZJ 

Lets see between today and tomorrow I am putting in a new exhaust manifold, driver side engine mount,oil pan gasket, and rear main seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnabb View Post
it bolted right up, except one bolt but i didn't need it anyway
samsonitesamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #8250
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

For anyone bored here's a vid I made the other night when I went out drifting with my friend and his suby

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.