What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 533 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #7981
Lakoswolf
1993 ZJ 

Within the last few weeks:

Transmission & Transfer Case overhaul
Hood release fixed
New Breaks front and Back
Fixed interior lights

Moving on to cruise and AC

To Do:
Stereo
Leather touch up
New Windshield
Paint touch up
Fog / off road lights

Lakoswolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #7982
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Balljoints.
In the rain
Used a steel plate to square it up with our goofy angled inner c
forumrunner_20120204_190231.jpg   forumrunner_20120204_190311.jpg   forumrunner_20120204_190329.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #7983
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Not to it, but for it. Cleaned out the garage so she will sleep INSIDE for the first time right next to her sis, 99WJ.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #7984
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
I think he was indicating it was 18.5" with the BB in...
Yeah. I misread that. I thought you were referring to my post, not his.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #7985
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

went from this
http://youtu.be/1Cn8BLraeKA
to this

also fixed gas leak and reason the fuel gauge never worked PO put fuel pump in wrong and float could not function had a lot of dirt and water in tank leak was coming from the rubber gromit that runs to the evap can

its a PITA putting the skid and hitch up by yourself laying in the snow
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #7986
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

I'd say it's pretty close to accurate for stock springs. I bet no one on here has a stock ZJ without the Upcountry suspension that's higher than 18.5" in the rear. I'll trust IRO's measurements.
Right, but with a 2" bb????
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #7987
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

[QUOTE="ejschultz"]

Yeah. I misread that. I thought you were referring to my post, not his.[/QUOTE

Lol just saw were you caught it.
Unread 02-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #7988
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Add 2" to it or probably 1.75" since that's what most spacers actually measure.
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #7989
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Add 2" to it or probably 1.75" since that's what most spacers actually measure.
Thanks, I was pretty sure I was sagging quite a but. Easy fix though, buy new springs.
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #7990
griff95zj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer
Got my jeep all set up for my desert trip to the 2012 King of the Hammers Event.
Got the grille guard, tow hooks, and rock sliders, tail light brush guards put back on, also mounted the high lift jack and shovel on the roof rack.
Didn't finish until after dark.
Had to make a few trips to the hardware store and stopped at McDonalds for lunch where I took this pic.
Where do you get tail light guards??
griff95zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #7991
dsodko
2002 WJ 

I replaced the exhaust/intake manifold gasket, cleaned everything up in that area !
dsodko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #7992
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Nothing yet, but I finally found my short front driveshaft... has spicers already and double cardan seems ok - gotta grease it though.
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #7993
inflatus
1997 ZJ 

Yesterday and today I changed out the brake light bulbs, cleaned every fuse, checked connection on every electrical wire I could reach and realized that the fuse lid on the 97 ZJ Laredo is wrong. Get the owner's manual it is correct.
inflatus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #7994
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
Nothing yet, but I finally found my short front driveshaft... has spicers already and double cardan seems ok - gotta grease it though.
I thought we'd need longer driveshafts with more lift... Anyone care to explain this to me? Please?

On topic, last night I used it as a weapon of possum destruction. That thing wouldn't get out of my way. I swerved a couple times to avoid it but it kept running back in front of me. I also couldn't brake hard because of the ******* on my tail. NW Indiana is now down a possum. Today I took it "wheeling" for the first time with my front swaybar disco'ed. I really didn't notice too much of a difference but I was focused more on the back of my Jeep that kept sliding into the deep mud pits I was trying to avoid. I rotated my tires in December because the outsides of my fronts were getting pretty worn. Now those are on the rear and I can't get any traction to prevent me from sliding sideways. Stupid 249. I was going to get out to get a pic or two but the ground was so muddy and I was wearing a nicer pair of shoes that I didn't want to mess up to badly. Oh well, maybe next time I'll get some decent pics. Maybe next time I'll have better tires and have my 242 in as well. I know the 242 is definitely going in before I get new tires because I don't want to mess up new tires like these.
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #7995
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:

I thought we'd need longer driveshafts with more lift... Anyone care to explain this to me? Please?

On topic, last night I used it as a weapon of possum destruction. That thing wouldn't get out of my way. I swerved a couple times to avoid it but it kept running back in front of me. I also couldn't brake hard because of the ******* on my tail. NW Indiana is now down a possum. Today I took it "wheeling" for the first time with my front swaybar disco'ed. I really didn't notice too much of a difference but I was focused more on the back of my Jeep that kept sliding into the deep mud pits I was trying to avoid. I rotated my tires in December because the outsides of my fronts were getting pretty worn. Now those are on the rear and I can't get any traction to prevent me from sliding sideways. Stupid 249. I was going to get out to get a pic or two but the ground was so muddy and I was wearing a nicer pair of shoes that I didn't want to mess up to badly. Oh well, maybe next time I'll get some decent pics. Maybe next time I'll have better tires and have my 242 in as well. I know the 242 is definitely going in before I get new tires because I don't want to mess up new tires like these.
It's the nature of the geometry. The control arms bring the axles closer to the transfer case as the truck goes up.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.