What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 523 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #7831
Devanzj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff95zj View Post
Any bumpers for a zj that's not a million dollars? Lol
Check around with local shops etc. I had mine built for less than $300.
Or you could buy a welder, there's a couple real nice plans for zj bumpers that can be found on here

On the way/waiting to go on: ford 8.8, 4.88s
Devanzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #7832
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Installed a new stereo and small amplifier after mine was stolen a while back. This time the amp is bolted under the seat. OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND. Oh, and my 4 camera home surveillance arrives today. See if i catch me some bad guys.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #7833
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Got my axle yesterday for what happened on page 471. Will be tearing that down cleaning it/painting it. Then put my lift on and the axle. Then all that will be left is to get the body work done and get some rims and tires.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #7834
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
Installed a new stereo and small amplifier after mine was stolen a while back. This time the amp is bolted under the seat. OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND. Oh, and my 4 camera home surveillance arrives today. See if i catch me some bad guys.
Just remember to finish them off and put a knife in their hands
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #7835
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser

They make this sweet feature called multi-quote, it's near the bottom right of the post. See how I did it?

Anyways mine died on me 3 times today, but took the gf's car and went to look at some houses, then took my mom's car and went and made a deal and picking up my new truck next monday! 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab, 4.7 V8, flame red, no rust, scratch in the driver's door that I am gonna get fixed, paint is super nice, always waxed, just had $3k put into it maintenance wise, and I am getting $1k in spare parts, guy is really nice and the truck runs and drives like new. Gonna pick it up and then the ZJ is gonna sit while I fix everything wrong with it and sell it.
Lol, I'd use it but I was on my phone. And I'll make a deal with you. I won't drunk post anymore, cause everything is funny, interesting or needing to be commented on LOL.
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #7836
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Just remember to finish them off and put a knife in their hands
damn straight. Dead guys cant testify in court....
On subject, my homemade uppers are no good. Making some new ones this weekend with better parts...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #7837
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Got my poly swaybar bushings in to replace the Moogs I put in about a year ago. It took about 15 minutes total to pull the front skid, remove the factory clamps, remove the bushings, install the new bushings and install the aftermarket clamps with grease fittings. .
I found a huge improvement when I did mine.

I fitted a new trackbar to my ZJ today which tightened up the steering in a big way, but whilst under there I discovered a reasonably serious oil leak from the oil filter area. Too dark to see if it was the "usual".....that can wait for tomorrow night.
moggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #7838
niles6284
2001 WJ 

Got a complete set of these along with an alternator for 40.00. oh yeah.. Gotta love being in good with the local yard guy.
dsc_0044.jpg  
IAFF Local 379
niles6284 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #7839
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

^^^It took me forever to find someone to pick up my leather after I swapped to manual cloth. Hopefully, if you're looking to sell your cloth, you find a buyer quickly. On topic, well sorta, my front swaybar bushings are definitely nice. I have no more clunk. This is the first time since I got the Jeep almost 2 years ago that I finally solved all my front end noises. Now, knock on wood, hopefully there won't be any more for a while.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #7840
niles6284
2001 WJ 

Quote:
^^^It took me forever to find someone to pick up my leather after I swapped to manual cloth. Hopefully, if you're looking to sell your cloth, you find a buyer quickly. On topic, well sorta, my front swaybar bushings are definitely nice. I have no more clunk. This is the first time since I got the Jeep almost 2 years ago that I finally solved all my front end noises. Now, knock on wood, hopefully there won't be any more for a while.
I am just gonna junk mine. the frames are broken on them and passenger side motors are fried for the adjustments. did you not like your leather ones?
IAFF Local 379
niles6284 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #7841
punisher65

2006 WK 

Quote:
i still have clunks in my front end that i can't figure out. i just did my swaybar bushings too and that took a little bit away, and now the only thing that i haven't replaced are the upper control arms. seeing as how there is still a clunk..they must be my culprit
BT Catch Can, TB ground, Cree LED Reverse Lights, Interior LED upgrade

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
BB and 31" Bighorns SOLD :(
punisher65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #7842
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles6284 View Post
I am just gonna junk mine. the frames are broken on them and passenger side motors are fried for the adjustments. did you not like your leather ones?
I hate leather, with a passion. I've always been a fan of cloth for daily drivers. When I got the ZJ, I figured that I wouldn't care about the leather in there. Then summer came and the black leather was hot as hell. During the winter I started to freeze my @$$ off with on the cold, unheated leather. I wasn't having issues with the motors for any of the adjustments but I figured at 11 years old, there's a good chance something may happen. I opted to find a clean, manual cloth interior. I dropped $160 on the entire interior and sold my leather for the same, 4 months or so later.
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #7843
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher65 View Post
i still have clunks in my front end that i can't figure out. i just did my swaybar bushings too and that took a little bit away, and now the only thing that i haven't replaced are the upper control arms. seeing as how there is still a clunk..they must be my culprit
With mine it was my lower control arm bushings that were shot, stock trackbar bushing, swaybar links, and the swaybar bushings. I'm running all new control arms with new bushings, even in the axle, JKS discos which still make a little noise but nothing serious, and the new poly swaybar bushings because I found out rubber doesn't last. I just replaced my rears a couple months ago with Moogs... I bet I'll be doing those next year then too...

I also would have multi quoted, however, the second post I quoted came as I was quoting the first post. Consider this my disclaimer and don't flame me for it.
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #7844
StidgeInTN
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher65

For me it was the sway bar end links. I had a pretty good pop/clunk when load changed by turning opposite directions or going over a bump while turning. I was sure it was a ball joint but didn't have time nor all the parts, (if i'm going to do ball joints, might as well do front axle bearing and seals). Got lucky and no more clunk. Tightened things up quite a bit too.
StidgeInTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #7845
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Used my winch to pull an axle out of my trailer I am selling here in a few minutes so I can pick up my truck thursday!!

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.