What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 521 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Custom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #7801
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer

Kevin's Safari Roof Rack

It was making some wind noise at around 60mph until I filled in some welds, now it's completely silent.
Dang $800 for a rack? There are universal racks for under $100,and zj racks for a little over $200. Is there something I'm missing?

mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #7802
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd
How much from Mopar are they? Are they glass or plastic lenses? Also you have a website for Mopar?
Uhhhh I'm sure its mopar.com or Google it......
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #7803
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
What's stock boost on those? My cousin had an SRT-4 (I know it's a completely different car and nothing to really compare to an S4) that he got up to 24 PSI from a stock 15 PSI. That thing would eat C5 Vettes all day. "Dude, you just got beat by a Neon!"
Srt-4 is sweet. Used to work for Dodge and drove one for a day.
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #7804
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightluckey
Today i ordered led rocklights. I saw what omelet did for $35 on his wk and decided to do a similar set up.
Pics?
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #7805
TurboTPI
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79

You can Turbo a 4.0?????? Will that reduce longevity?
That's kind of an open ended question. Way too many variables. A properly setup and tuned turbo system shouldn't have any ill effect on engine longevity. A poorly tuned turbo setup (too much boost, too lean, too rich, detonation, ect.) could kill an engine immediately. So far the 4 liter has taken the extra HP without skipping a beat. That's with 210,000 miles on it. Haha
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #7806
ghostzj94
1994 ZJ 

what should i do first

94 grand cherokee v6 thinking about putting BDS suspension 2" lift on that i found online for 400$ whats another good 2 or 3 inch lift out there something with a smooth ride on the streets and cheaper. is it better to buy the springs separate?
ghostzj94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #7807
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

installed my IRO double shear adjustable track bar and bought a rockford fosgate sub and amp with ported box
[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #7808
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Adjusted my front track bar again due it hitting the spring retainer again but in a different spot. Also getting my cobra 29 ltd bt tommorow and was wondering where is a good spot to mount the antenna with it not getting in the way. I was thinking of mounting it like everyone else near the rear lights and adding a quick disconnect.
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #7809
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
Dang $800 for a rack? There are universal racks for under $100,and zj racks for a little over $200. Is there something I'm missing?
Quote:
Uhhhh I'm sure its mopar.com or Google it......
Quote:
Srt-4 is sweet. Used to work for Dodge and drove one for a day.
Quote:
Pics?
They make this sweet feature called multi-quote, it's near the bottom right of the post. See how I did it?

Anyways mine died on me 3 times today, but took the gf's car and went to look at some houses, then took my mom's car and went and made a deal and picking up my new truck next monday! 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab, 4.7 V8, flame red, no rust, scratch in the driver's door that I am gonna get fixed, paint is super nice, always waxed, just had $3k put into it maintenance wise, and I am getting $1k in spare parts, guy is really nice and the truck runs and drives like new. Gonna pick it up and then the ZJ is gonna sit while I fix everything wrong with it and sell it.
Unread 01-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #7810
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser

They make this sweet feature called multi-quote, it's near the bottom right of the post. See how I did it?
Doesnt work on phone app

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #7811
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I only paid $759.97 for mine + $180 shipping.
And they come bare metal so you can spend $200 more getting it powder coated.

I also spent around 20 hours cleaning up the welds and doing a few small improvements to it.

Show me a superior roof rack specially made for a 5.9
It's only money
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #7812
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
I only paid $759.97 for mine + $180 shipping.
And they come bare metal so you can spend $200 more getting it powder coated.

I also spent around 20 hours cleaning up the welds and doing a few small improvements to it.

Show me a superior roof rack specially made for a 5.9
It's only money
The point is is that Kevin makes quality stuff that looks better that a Yakima, ect. He has for years. If you can do better on your own for cheaper then make it yourself. for Kevins. I don't put stuff on the roof because it's silly.

If you have not gotten an aux tranny cooler for your 5.9 I highly suggest that you do. I had 4 people 800lbs plus spare, a cooler, and all of my tools going up a mountain for 2 hours and overheated the tranny. We turned around and coasted most of the way back in neutral until it cooled and the OD light went off. The Efan just is not good enough with the stock cooler at that low of a speed to keep the trans temp down. I never had this issue with my 95 5.2 and the clutch fan with the stock aux cooler. Something to think about before you get out there without anyone near. I put the biggest cooler I could fit and I am still a bit nervous to go do it again after that.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #7813
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Dang $800 for a rack?
I know - for that money you'd want the whole woman!
moggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #7814
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Here's a better photo of the KOR roof rack on my jeep.

I just wish the expanded metal would have been put over the tubing so there would be a flat surface to lay things on.
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:13 AM   #7815
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostzj94
94 grand cherokee v6 thinking about putting BDS suspension 2" lift on that i found online for 400$ whats another good 2 or 3 inch lift out there something with a smooth ride on the streets and cheaper. is it better to buy the springs separate?
You can get some 2" coil spacers from fat Bob garage for $70.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.