Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#10,241 ·
Erek.Smith said:
I'm back in the bass business, boys! And it feels amazing.

Installed an RE Se X 12" powered by a Hifonics Brutus something or other. It should be getting around 600 watts RMS. Dims the lights a bit, but it hits hard for one twelve. Mmmm, bass :drool:
Nice set up! The REs take a beating. Is your brutus 1000 watt or what? Ported box or sealed?? Pics?

#10,242 ·
Erek.Smith said:
I'm back in the bass business, boys! And it feels amazing.

Installed an RE Se X 12" powered by a Hifonics Brutus something or other. It should be getting around 600 watts RMS. Dims the lights a bit, but it hits hard for one twelve. Mmmm, bass :drool:
Iv got 2 10s in mine on. 4ch amp. I'm gettin another 10 this weekend. Nothin real special. But this summer im gettin kicker comp 10s in my big box. Then all my other ones get truck boxes for them. Then Maybe buy one more 10 from my cousin and a mono amp to run the kickers. Just for the heck of it for a little bit but it will be cool. 5or 6 10 in subs and 3 amps. 1 i have my speakers on. Should dim lights. I only dim lights at idle with everything on and running but it's some lights. Not real loud

#10,243 ·
Lol. My camera man is a heating and cooling man from Fargo who is a kick *** dude, but not a clue on off-roading, or how his iPhone camera works lol. Next time they will be better.
Maybe he could till me how to get my hot surface igniter out of my '
Bryant 340MAV furnace. :teehee:

#10,244 ·
Yes he could.

#10,245 ·
hdrocknroll said:
Maybe he could till me how to get my hot surface igniter out of my '
Bryant 340MAV furnace. :teehee:
He said its a pita, have a pic? Or a video lol.

#10,246 ·
Also said to call a pro as most the time they break.

#10,247 ·
Also said to call a pro as most the time they break.
Not sure whats wrong ,intake blower starts but then shuts down with no start.
Shut it off 3 hours then it started, now back to no start.
Burning wood now. I'll figure it out,or call someone before fall comes

#10,249 ·
Today I upgraded my rugged ridge adjustable track bar bolts --axle side-- with a grade 8 9/16 x 3" bolt and 9/16 nut . I had to drill the bracket with a 9/16 drill bit.

#10,251 ·
Nice set up! The REs take a beating. Is your brutus 1000 watt or what? Ported box or sealed?? Pics?
Sealed at around 1.25 cubed, I think.

It's the Brutus BXi606, but the internals have been bolstered by an electrical engineering buddy. I had a resister come loose, so he went in and reconnected everything and made sure all the other resisters and stuff won't come loose. So, the amp should be putting out around 600W, but I've heard Hifonics amps aren't exactly putting out what they say they are.

I used the amp to power two Image Dynamics 12"s and never messed with the settings. I hooked it up last night and it sounds great without retuning it. I probably will anyways, but at least there was minimal work involved.

I might have pics later...

#10,252 ·
those are stock fogs.

Working on the front recovery system, should have that finished tomorrow. Hopefully...

Teaser...

Why hurt an already poor approach angle more?

OT:
Filled in the brake pad grooves in my knuckle at a buddy's house and made a plan for boatsides since I trashed my passenger rocker on Saturday. Then building a notched gas tank so I can do a 5" stretch in the rear , triangulated the uppers and ditch the track bar

#10,253 ·
Why hurt an already poor approach angle more?
I don't see your point. This is just a mock up. The bar will be bolted down or welded to the Rad support and then I'm welding a plate on each side to bolt up to the factory holes for the factory tow hook. It will be strong. I have a Master welder doing all the welds.

#10,254 ·
He is saying why make something that will hang down even further that will hurt the approach angle, he is not insulting how it's constructed.

Make sure to post pics of the finished product :)

#10,255 ·
astigracing said:
Today I upgraded my rugged ridge adjustable track bar bolts --axle side-- with a grade 8 9/16 x 3" bolt and 9/16 nut . I had to drill the bracket with a 9/16 drill bit.
Good idea, but you need to turn the gas on on your welder. I'd reweld those before install or they will be a royal pita when you go to remove them.

#10,256 ·
Erek.Smith said:
Sealed at around 1.25 cubed, I think.

It's the Brutus BXi606, but the internals have been bolstered by an electrical engineering buddy. I had a resister come loose, so he went in and reconnected everything and made sure all the other resisters and stuff won't come loose. So, the amp should be putting out around 600W, but I've heard Hifonics amps aren't exactly putting out what they say they are.

I used the amp to power two Image Dynamics 12"s and never messed with the settings. I hooked it up last night and it sounds great without retuning it. I probably will anyways, but at least there was minimal work involved.

I might have pics later...
Yes that is true about hifonics. But still a decent brand. I'm running an Eclipse amp which is a better brand and it doesn't even push out the full 1000 watts which it is labeled. Any idea how many ohms your sub is? Mine are 2 but my amp can't handle them bridged at 2. Do I'm running them in series I believe. The amp is bridged at 4 but pushing the subs at 2. Series splits ohms in half, parallel doubles ohms is I believe the way that goes. Anyways running 2 12" pheonix gold xmax in a ported box with a 1000 watt eclipse and 5 farad tsunami capacitor. And don't have a single penny into my system. ;) lol

#10,258 ·
hdrocknroll said:
Not sure whats wrong ,intake blower starts but then shuts down with no start.
Shut it off 3 hours then it started, now back to no start.
Burning wood now. I'll figure it out,or call someone before fall comes
Sounds like a pressure switch may be bad or you have a limit open..maybe the gasvalve isnt opening .
If it releases the gas to the manifold more than likely your burners could be rusted not alowing the flame to reach the flame sensor.

#10,259 ·
I don't see your point. This is just a mock up. The bar will be bolted down or welded to the Rad support and then I'm welding a plate on each side to bolt up to the factory holes for the factory tow hook. It will be strong. I have a Master welder doing all the welds.
has nothing to do with the welder, its the design
He is saying why make something that will hang down even further that will hurt the approach angle, he is not insulting how it's constructed.

Make sure to post pics of the finished product :)
correct
for instsance
here you would be screwed ...

I just wedged a large flat head against the nut and torqued the bolt down. Really don't need the flag nut.
i just sacrificed a 17 and used it as a flag nut then pop it off after i buba tighten it, i used a flange nut and it was gouging the inside of the bracket enough to bother me

#10,260 ·
has nothing to do with the welder, its the design

correct
for instsance
here you would be screwed ...
http://cdn.jeepforum.com/forum/attachments/f13/377225d1333848388-what-did-you-do-your-zj-today-forumrunner_20120407_212635.jpg[/IMG[/quote]

The thing is I don't think I will be doing any kind of wheeling that will be like that or that extreme. This is still a DD.