What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 507 - JeepForum.com

 88Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7591 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 04:54 AM
davidwulf
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: kNOXVILLE
Posts: 107
Yes i am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
Are you doing a build thread? I'd appreciate it a lot. I want to build a bumper, but have no idea where to start.
Yes , but not sure how i am going to go got to have winch mount but don't want it to heavy . Just trying to keep it simple. Also not my DD so not going to be show car, i do like to drive it when i can cause my SD250 is like a friggen bus


97 ZJ PRETTY MUCH STOCK 03 ford super duty 6.0 PSD 4x4 and now a 04 WJ special edition 4.0 QT 2
davidwulf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7592 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM
somebody5788
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Put it up for sale on craigslist and parents went and looked at a truck for me. Gonna go look at another wednesday. I wont be out of the Jeep game long. I am going to sell the ZJ after I get the truck to pay off the rents and pay down on the truck loan and some cool stuff for the truck, then plan to pick up an XJ and throw some of my old XJ's parts under it and make it a wheeler and tow it with the truck.
Am I the only one that chooses a ZJ over an XJ? I hate leaf springs.

2006 Honda 919 - Summer Daily
1994 Jeep ZJ - RC Long Arms | RE 4.5" springs | Bilstein 5100's | RE SS brake lines | Falken 31x10.5-15 tires | Flatland 4x4 bumpers | Summit Soft 8's 15x8 3.75 BS wheels
somebody5788 is offline  
post #7593 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 07:18 AM
TheMadMike
Registered User
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cleveland, Ga
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
Am I the only one that chooses a ZJ over an XJ? I hate leaf springs.
I have one of both. I like the ride of the ZJ better but my XJ will out wheel it all day long.
TheMadMike is offline  
post #7594 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM
mojop79
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: OKLAHOMA CITY
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwulf

Yes , but not sure how i am going to go got to have winch mount but don't want it to heavy . Just trying to keep it simple. Also not my DD so not going to be show car, i do like to drive it when i can cause my SD250 is like a friggen bus
Where is your thread?
mojop79 is offline  
post #7595 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 07:37 AM
TurboTPI
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bensenville
Posts: 575
I had a few XJ's and now I have a ZJ. I really liked the XJ's, but I do like the ZJ better.

02 WJ Limited 4.7l HO-stock (Hers)
95 ZJ 4.0 Turbo-up 5.5 on 33x12.5's, Ford 8.8 w/Artec truss (His)
92 Firebird Formula custom turbo setup (His)
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline  
post #7596 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 AM
somebody5788
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMike View Post
I have one of both. I like the ride of the ZJ better but my XJ will out wheel it all day long.
But why? I don't see a reason for it to be any better. The front is the same and it has rear leafs which for most purposes are not superior to a coil spring. The ZJ may be heavy but I think for trails that would require long arms that the ZJ would out wheel the XJ for less money. Just because by that point it would take a lot to get the XJ to flex enough.

2006 Honda 919 - Summer Daily
1994 Jeep ZJ - RC Long Arms | RE 4.5" springs | Bilstein 5100's | RE SS brake lines | Falken 31x10.5-15 tires | Flatland 4x4 bumpers | Summit Soft 8's 15x8 3.75 BS wheels
somebody5788 is offline  
post #7597 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 AM
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point
Posts: 3,419
I'm super happy with my ZJ. Before I got it, I looked at a couple XJs and a Blazer ZR2. The ZR2 was a little out of my price range, which ended up being a good thing. One of my friends had an XJ. It was a pretty fun vehicle but when I drove the ZJ for the first time, I fell in love with it. I knew that's what I had to have. No lookin' back.

97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, bumpers, bunch o' skids, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
Build
ejschultz is offline  
post #7598 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 AM
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central
Posts: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
But why? I don't see a reason for it to be any better. The front is the same and it has rear leafs which for most purposes are not superior to a coil spring. The ZJ may be heavy but I think for trails that would require long arms that the ZJ would out wheel the XJ for less money. Just because by that point it would take a lot to get the XJ to flex enough.
right and the xj's dont even have cup holders

ontopic:
94-bought some 1" spacers to put on top the upcountry springs shocks are in route
squazz is offline  
post #7599 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
right and the xj's dont even have cup holders

ontopic:
94-bought some 1" spacers to put on top the upcountry springs shocks are in route
yup, no cupholders...

Ive had 2 XJ's and this is my 2nd ZJ. I love the way my ZJ does everything compared to the XJ. The only thing miss about my XJ is the np231 Tcase. Thats it.

Plus all my auto zone parts are under warranty and all xj/zj parts are interchangable.....

"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline  
post #7600 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 AM
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central
Posts: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
yup, no cupholders...

Ive had 2 XJ's and this is my 2nd ZJ. I love the way my ZJ does everything compared to the XJ. The only thing miss about my XJ is the np231 Tcase. Thats it.

Plus all my auto zone parts are under warranty and all xj/zj parts are interchangable.....
damnit i got 2 zj's and never thought of that when changing the idler pulleys and such...

and i do have the 231 in the 93 also got a spare out of a Zj with 118k i might be parting with
squazz is offline  
post #7601 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 09:19 AM
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
damnit i got 2 zj's and never thought of that when changing the idler pulleys and such...

and i do have the 231 in the 93 also got a spare out of a Zj with 118k i might be parting with
man, if i could bolt up a 231 on my 5.2 id love it. but i already got a 242 in the garage. just waiting for some funds to rebuild and upgrade.

Autozone is the bomb. Ive swapped out the calipers, brake pads, tie rods, etc... anything that is not 4.0/5.2 specific from my zj with parts i had from an old xj. saves alot if u ask me.

and i still got alot of my 93 zj parts under warranty for when these take a crap.

"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline  
post #7602 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 AM
1slo_camaro
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cape May/North East
Posts: 1,087
Has anyone heard from or seen badbird on here? I got those tow hooks from him. havent been able to get his paypal to send him shipping cost ... Luckily cause i got a call that my parents recieved a torn empty box like the hook bashed its way out. And im on my phone, (laptop is brokeded ) and trying to get things ironed out with him

1998 ZJ~~V.r 4~~4.0 with a bunch of fancy stuff that makes it look pretty sitting in the driveway.
PM me for 99+ intake manifolds for sale
$125-sandblasted and painted and shipped
1slo_camaro is offline  
post #7603 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 09:53 AM
1slo_camaro
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cape May/North East
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
damnit i got 2 zj's an
d never thought of that when changing the idler pulleys and such...

and i do have the 231 in the 93 also got a spare out of a Zj with 118k i might be parting with

How much green paper things will persuade you to part with? Is it setup to go inyo a zj? or does it still need work




To the guy building a bumper. Theres a guy on here making blueprints for a bumper snd should be done soon.... Another guy has one and is charging. This guy is changing a few small things so nobody can claim copyright infringement and giving it out for free

1998 ZJ~~V.r 4~~4.0 with a bunch of fancy stuff that makes it look pretty sitting in the driveway.
PM me for 99+ intake manifolds for sale
$125-sandblasted and painted and shipped
1slo_camaro is offline  
post #7604 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 AM
mojop79
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: OKLAHOMA CITY
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro

How much green paper things will persuade you to part with? Is it setup to go inyo a zj? or does it still need work

To the guy building a bumper. Theres a guy on here making blueprints for a bumper snd should be done soon.... Another guy has one and is charging. This guy is changing a few small things so nobody can claim copyright infringement and giving it out for free
How has the free blue prints?
mojop79 is offline  
post #7605 of 44557 Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 AM
1stblack97ZJ
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro View Post
Has anyone heard from or seen badbird on here? I got those tow hooks from him. havent been able to get his paypal to send him shipping cost ... Luckily cause i got a call that my parents recieved a torn empty box like the hook bashed its way out. And im on my phone, (laptop is brokeded ) and trying to get things ironed out with him
he got banned. He'll be back in a day or 2.

1997 ZJ Laredo
4" Lift
32s
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Almost ran out of gas today SYCOHEMI WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 37 04-29-2016 10:36 PM
Let me tell you what I did not do today husker_zj ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 9 03-19-2013 01:09 PM
got my 94 ZJ today, and did my first mod Saleen4971 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 09-22-2009 12:52 AM
Hey, Today is 5.9 day! CAHotRodBoy ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 05-09-2005 09:35 PM
Have you had your V-8 today?? Myrtle Beach ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 12 04-30-2005 01:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome