What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 507 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 01-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #7591
davidwulf
1997 ZJ 

Yes i am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
Are you doing a build thread? I'd appreciate it a lot. I want to build a bumper, but have no idea where to start.
Yes , but not sure how i am going to go got to have winch mount but don't want it to heavy . Just trying to keep it simple. Also not my DD so not going to be show car, i do like to drive it when i can cause my SD250 is like a friggen bus

Unread 01-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #7592
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Put it up for sale on craigslist and parents went and looked at a truck for me. Gonna go look at another wednesday. I wont be out of the Jeep game long. I am going to sell the ZJ after I get the truck to pay off the rents and pay down on the truck loan and some cool stuff for the truck, then plan to pick up an XJ and throw some of my old XJ's parts under it and make it a wheeler and tow it with the truck.
Am I the only one that chooses a ZJ over an XJ? I hate leaf springs.
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #7593
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
Am I the only one that chooses a ZJ over an XJ? I hate leaf springs.
I have one of both. I like the ride of the ZJ better but my XJ will out wheel it all day long.
TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #7594
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwulf

Yes , but not sure how i am going to go got to have winch mount but don't want it to heavy . Just trying to keep it simple. Also not my DD so not going to be show car, i do like to drive it when i can cause my SD250 is like a friggen bus
Where is your thread?
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #7595
TurboTPI
1995 ZJ 

I had a few XJ's and now I have a ZJ. I really liked the XJ's, but I do like the ZJ better.
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #7596
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMike View Post
I have one of both. I like the ride of the ZJ better but my XJ will out wheel it all day long.
But why? I don't see a reason for it to be any better. The front is the same and it has rear leafs which for most purposes are not superior to a coil spring. The ZJ may be heavy but I think for trails that would require long arms that the ZJ would out wheel the XJ for less money. Just because by that point it would take a lot to get the XJ to flex enough.
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #7597
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I'm super happy with my ZJ. Before I got it, I looked at a couple XJs and a Blazer ZR2. The ZR2 was a little out of my price range, which ended up being a good thing. One of my friends had an XJ. It was a pretty fun vehicle but when I drove the ZJ for the first time, I fell in love with it. I knew that's what I had to have. No lookin' back.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #7598
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
But why? I don't see a reason for it to be any better. The front is the same and it has rear leafs which for most purposes are not superior to a coil spring. The ZJ may be heavy but I think for trails that would require long arms that the ZJ would out wheel the XJ for less money. Just because by that point it would take a lot to get the XJ to flex enough.
right and the xj's dont even have cup holders

ontopic:
94-bought some 1" spacers to put on top the upcountry springs shocks are in route
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #7599
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
right and the xj's dont even have cup holders

ontopic:
94-bought some 1" spacers to put on top the upcountry springs shocks are in route
yup, no cupholders...

Ive had 2 XJ's and this is my 2nd ZJ. I love the way my ZJ does everything compared to the XJ. The only thing miss about my XJ is the np231 Tcase. Thats it.

Plus all my auto zone parts are under warranty and all xj/zj parts are interchangable.....

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #7600
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
yup, no cupholders...

Ive had 2 XJ's and this is my 2nd ZJ. I love the way my ZJ does everything compared to the XJ. The only thing miss about my XJ is the np231 Tcase. Thats it.

Plus all my auto zone parts are under warranty and all xj/zj parts are interchangable.....
damnit i got 2 zj's and never thought of that when changing the idler pulleys and such...

and i do have the 231 in the 93 also got a spare out of a Zj with 118k i might be parting with
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #7601
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
damnit i got 2 zj's and never thought of that when changing the idler pulleys and such...

and i do have the 231 in the 93 also got a spare out of a Zj with 118k i might be parting with
man, if i could bolt up a 231 on my 5.2 id love it. but i already got a 242 in the garage. just waiting for some funds to rebuild and upgrade.

Autozone is the bomb. Ive swapped out the calipers, brake pads, tie rods, etc... anything that is not 4.0/5.2 specific from my zj with parts i had from an old xj. saves alot if u ask me.

and i still got alot of my 93 zj parts under warranty for when these take a crap.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #7602
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

Has anyone heard from or seen badbird on here? I got those tow hooks from him. havent been able to get his paypal to send him shipping cost ... Luckily cause i got a call that my parents recieved a torn empty box like the hook bashed its way out. And im on my phone, (laptop is brokeded ) and trying to get things ironed out with him
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #7603
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
damnit i got 2 zj's an
d never thought of that when changing the idler pulleys and such...

How much green paper things will persuade you to part with? Is it setup to go inyo a zj? or does it still need work

To the guy building a bumper. Theres a guy on here making blueprints for a bumper snd should be done soon.... Another guy has one and is charging. This guy is changing a few small things so nobody can claim copyright infringement and giving it out for free
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #7604
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro

How much green paper things will persuade you to part with? Is it setup to go inyo a zj? or does it still need work

To the guy building a bumper. Theres a guy on here making blueprints for a bumper snd should be done soon.... Another guy has one and is charging. This guy is changing a few small things so nobody can claim copyright infringement and giving it out for free
How has the free blue prints?
mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #7605
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro View Post
Has anyone heard from or seen badbird on here? I got those tow hooks from him. havent been able to get his paypal to send him shipping cost ... Luckily cause i got a call that my parents recieved a torn empty box like the hook bashed its way out. And im on my phone, (laptop is brokeded ) and trying to get things ironed out with him
he got banned. He'll be back in a day or 2.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.