What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 506 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #7576
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabzz
Fixed small rad leak (temporarily) and bumper, and fender front cutting into my tire.
I definitely had my fenders cutting into my tires the other day when wheeling. I'm trying to decide if I'm cutting to trim front because I plan on putting more lift on it soon. But if I can't go wheeling again until I get my lift unless I trim. How much did you trim? Also, I want to do bushwhackers later and not for sure how high I can cut and still put on bushwhackers later.

mojop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #7577
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojop79 View Post
I definitely had my fenders cutting into my tires the other day when wheeling. I'm trying to decide if I'm cutting to trim front because I plan on putting more lift on it soon. But if I can't go wheeling again until I get my lift unless I trim. How much did you trim? Also, I want to do bushwhackers later and not for sure how high I can cut and still put on bushwhackers later.
Didn't trim any! For some reason on the front passenger fender, my tire when it gets stuffed will pull the lip on it down..didn't realize this the other day until after done wheeling, looked on my tire and its got a few cut marks, if it keeps doing that I might just take an air cutter to it and shorten it up, then fold it over so it won't cut into it and get pulled down anymore.
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #7578
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

If you just simply lift it, it'll help a bit to keep the tire out of the fender because it has to travel up a few inches more to hit it, but unless you lengthen your bump stops then you're uptravel will still be at the same spot as it was before.

I let mine clearance themselves out, tires have a few chunks out of them lol
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #7579
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post
If you just simply lift it, it'll help a bit to keep the tire out of the fender because it has to travel up a few inches more to hit it, but unless you lengthen your bump stops then you're uptravel will still be at the same spot as it was before.

Dont want any more lift lol. Just that side has a few cuts in it..nothing im worried about
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #7580
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Flatten your pinch seams in the wheel well with a BFH.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #7581
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Flatten your pinch seams in the wheel well with a BFH.
Already have pinch seams hammered in nicely. Mine is hitting on the lip of the fender and the back side of the front bumper. looks like radiator support bracket extends up to there, or id just cut that part off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post

I have four hockey pucks in the rear and rubbed horribly, but i sag a lot in the rear. i have a two inch bb, but i dont think i'm truly 2" over stock height. my coils seem to be pretty worn. i have not extended any in the front yet.
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #7582
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

I think I might have accidentally bought my Jeep 2 stable mates this week. I'd offered $300 for a 94 325i BMW a week ago and the guy called and said he'd do it. Then I've been trying to work a deal for my buddies 01.5 Audi S4 and I think he's coming around to doing the sale.
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #7583
davidwulf
1997 ZJ 

Well Put drain plug in trans pan today and cut the oval holes out in the front bumper to put 2x4 tube in there to start bumper.
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #7584
PCash
1995 ZJ 

I installed the licence plates on it, and got it insured. Woo!
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #7585
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Ended up taking my blower motor out and cleaning the two leaves that got caught in the fan blades.

All quiet again

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #7586
mojop79
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwulf
Well Put drain plug in trans pan today and cut the oval holes out in the front bumper to put 2x4 tube in there to start bumper.
Are you doing a build thread? I'd appreciate it a lot. I want to build a bumper, but have no idea where to start.
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #7587
steeleman3
1993 ZJ 

Went to U-Pull and Pay today and grabbed a 231 out of a 93 xj and a 249 out of a 93 zj. My 93 is a DD and can't have the downtime of swapping the input shafts so I pulled the same 249 out of another zj for the input shaft. No pics, yet. Should be tearing them both down and geting the 231 ready to throw in the zj in the next few days. I'll try and get pics. Pretty easy taking them out, now its just a matter of swapping inputs and getting the new one cleaned up.
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #7588
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Put it up for sale on craigslist and parents went and looked at a truck for me. Gonna go look at another wednesday. I wont be out of the Jeep game long. I am going to sell the ZJ after I get the truck to pay off the rents and pay down on the truck loan and some cool stuff for the truck, then plan to pick up an XJ and throw some of my old XJ's parts under it and make it a wheeler and tow it with the truck.
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #7589
Devanzj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Put it up for sale on craigslist and parents went and looked at a truck for me. Gonna go look at another wednesday. I wont be out of the Jeep game long. I am going to sell the ZJ after I get the truck to pay off the rents and pay down on the truck loan and some cool stuff for the truck, then plan to pick up an XJ and throw some of my old XJ's parts under it and make it a wheeler and tow it with the truck.
BOOOOOO!! Haha ....but seriously.....

On topic: lost the bolt from my sifter linkage and 3 of the 4 bolts that attatch the front ds to the t case, been having some vibes from the rear so I'm guessing they got shook out. Gona keep playing with the angles in the rear but I'm getting tired of adjusting it without success. Anyone have any suggestions of what else it could be? its only at highway speeds and for a very brief moment when I take off from a stop.

On the way/waiting to go on: ford 8.8, 4.88s
Devanzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #7590
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
I'm actually looking for XJ's now. Hopefully picking one up soon. Not sure where the ZJ's headed

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.