Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#10,101 ·
Ouch... I have an attachment thing and that would kill me. I spotted my old car on the road the other day and couldn't stand to see somebody else driving it!
Same here, I sold my last car a 1995 Nissan 200sx 32+ mpg for $900 to pay off my debt for my ZJ to my girlfriends father. Who said i didn't need to pay him so quickly. Talk about kicking myself in the ***.

Later i posted an ad on craigslist for my ZJ (clearly I have an attachment to it as well, could never find anything "good enough" to trade for) and the same guy tried trading my car back to me for the Jeep. HA.

Miss that 5 speed. :(

#10,102 ·
Picked up some big boy tires
35/12.5/15 Goodyear MTR Kevlars

Should be a nice upgrade

Headed upto Summit racing either tomorrow or this weekend to pick up a set of soft 8 or d-window wheels for them
You're going to love those. The question I get asked most often is "are they loud?" My answer "I'm not one of those dumbarses who buys MTs and expects them to be quiet!"

I was so torn between these and the KM2s as I had 32" BFG MTs, but these things haven't broken a sweat in anything I've thrown them at... which hasn't been much yet to be honest. They live to be on anything slippery and that goes especially for streets. For now, I'm glad I couldn't score the KM2s because I had to compromise for the MTRs due to everything being on backorder..... ENJOY THEM!!!!!!! I know I will... now, are you willing to sell me one for a spare?? Pretty please?

#10,106 ·
Well today...I drove the ZJ to work as usual.

Went to Wawa last night after work and got a good look around and right away I could see the oil pressure sending unit/switch/whatever dangling...

It had sheared off at the nut thing where it attaches to the housing...quick trip to Advance for a new one and some oil...brought it home that night...

Glad it wasn't the oil filter adapter o-rings or rear main seal (yet...knock on wood)...

#10,112 ·
Just learned my sister is getting an 05 gc with the hemi. Said she should be picking it up on monday or tuesday. Hopefully its monday, since im off from school.

#10,114 ·
Got it back on all 4s and out of the garage, the tranny decided to empty itself in the 2 months it was sitting so now time to diagnose that leak, ugh. The buyer of this thing will be getting a ton of new parts haha. No driveshafts in it so I had to tow it up the driveway with my truck

#10,115 ·
im thinkin about getting a cb after i get my paycheck.im getting a uniden 520xl.thinkin about getting 3 or 4ft firestick and mounting it to the front on the right side.or the back.ill wait till i get paint to paint my cladding.since im going to take the bumpers off to do it i might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.iv never done anything with cb's. if you guys could give me any advice id appreciate it.

#10,117 ·
I wheeled it on my way to work and again on my way home. I also plan on doing a little wheeling tomorrow at some point during the day. We'll see if that actually happens. I will, however, tint my taillights tomorrow. I bought some tint on eBay for them at a decently low $9 shipped. I'm hoping they don't come out too dark. My cousin is really good at tinting lights with film so I pretty much volunteered his services for mine.