Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#10,041 ·
I have the same lights too. All i did was take a piece of angle and drill two holes in it. And screwed it into a hole in my bumper. Dont have the cover on. Its the hole on the inside the big hole. Im getting my bumper cover i hope they dont interfere with putting it on. But if so thats what a deemels for.
That's how mine are mounted now, but I find it looks bad with the bumper off (my bumper is also off now)

#10,043 ·
badbird17x said:
Usually sub off cuts the signal to them, it doesn't turn off the amp. This is the safer way to kill the subs, doesn't do the amp start up pop either. I always used it to dial in the mids and tweets without the subs burying distortion, then add in the subs once the highs were clean. I did this with 2 Amps off the same remote wire.
I'll mess around with it and see. Id love to be able to get the miss and highs right before the subs. I keep having to either take (-) off the battery or it losses connection. And I lose all my settings in my hu

#10,044 ·
Just turn it off with the hu. Then menu to eq settings, then feed the subs back in, last leave it on sub on off screen and mess with the volume, try hitting menu or whatever you push to get to the on off screen, should be there with one button push. Good luck

#10,045 ·
badbird17x said:
Just turn it off with the hu. Then menu to eq settings, then feed the subs back in, last leave it on sub on off screen and mess with the volume, try hitting menu or whatever you push to get to the on off screen, should be there with one button push. Good luck
I'll try that sometime.

#10,047 ·
I almost like it. I got my bumper today. I'm not going to put it on heat cause I'm painting it all matte black.then rims are going semi gloss black
I have 4 lights in the front now but they look stupid with my L brackets with no bumper. Not sure if I'm going to fab up a light bar or what. Pics of your setup?

#10,049 ·
gabrod72 said:
Check the balljoints again. Your mechanic wouldn't have bent anything during the install, unless he took it for hardcore bashing wheeling joyride before he returned it to you. I'm trying to think if unit bearings can cause this but if that were the case, you'd definitely feel something.
We took a pry bar and lifted the tires up and shook the tire sideways all the normal things.
Hes a sharp guy i trust him..i dunno what else to check. I guess ill find out when i take it to fraziers auto.

#10,051 ·
Well yesterday the Jeep was left at the local Wawa after I came out from inside to see it spewing oil right below the engine...only happens while running and appears to be related to the oil filter adapter considering I see no fresh oil above the filter and see plenty on the underside of the filter and further down...looks like it is dripping down to the bell housing and then the ground...couldn't get a good look as I was dressed for work...

It is leaking at nearly a stream pace...so that's concerning...

I'll get a few quarts of oil in her tonight and drive her around the corner to a residential area that I can work on her in...

#10,052 ·
Well yesterday the Jeep was left at the local Wawa after I came out from inside to see it spewing oil right below the engine...only happens while running and appears to be related to the oil filter adapter considering I see no fresh oil above the filter and see plenty on the underside of the filter and further down...looks like it is dripping down to the bell housing and then the ground...couldn't get a good look as I was dressed for work...

It is leaking at nearly a stream pace...so that's concerning...

I'll get a few quarts of oil in her tonight and drive her around the corner to a residential area that I can work on her in...
If you just changed the oil, the old filter oring could still on the adapter. Also, the adapter seals could be bad which is likely what it is. Pretty simple thing to fix, just messy.

#10,053 ·
If you just changed the oil, the old filter oring could still on the adapter. Also, the adapter seals could be bad which is likely what it is. Pretty simple thing to fix, just messy.
Agreed on this being messy, and I ended up having to use a pipe wrench on the stupid adapter bolt to get it loose. Clean everything with brake parts cleaner to see that the bolt head has a large ring on it that you can grab onto without grabbing the adapter itself. The o-ring kit is around $5 at the dealership... I still have some oil leaking from the pan bolt and possible rear main seal, but at least it's much more manageable now that I replaced the O-rings in the adapter.

Lookey here:
http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Engine/Oil_Filter_Mount_O-Rings.htm

#10,055 ·
Replaced my front drivers side wheel bearing today. Was so simple and easy compared to alot of other people, who have trouble with it. The axle nut came loose an the first try, then used the bolt trick to pop the bearing itself off. :D

Edit: also my illumination relay in the glove box is buzzing, is there any other relays similar to this one? So I can swap them to see if it's the relay?

#10,057 ·
Replaced my front drivers side wheel bearing today. Was so simple and easy compared to alot of other people, who have trouble with it. The axle nut came loose an the first try, then used the bolt trick to pop the bearing itself off. :D

Edit: also my illumination relay in the glove box is buzzing, is there any other relays similar to this one? So I can swap them to see if it's the relay?
Did you follow up with a little anti seize for the next time you need to get in there? I did that and it makes getting them back off a breeze.

#10,058 ·
Did you follow up with a little anti seize for the next time you need to get in there? I did that and it makes getting them back off a breeze.
Of Course! :D

Lathered it on everything I could lol

Hopefully after a few winters, if it needs replaced it will come out just as easy. :cheers:

(I can hope can't I?) :rofl: