What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 501 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #7501
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Not my zj bit we mobbed a jon deer trwvtor

forumrunner_20120120_223936.jpg  

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #7502
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

parked it in my driveway ALL DAY LONG. went out in the WJ today. Tomorrow, new control arms for the ZJ....

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #7503
fourhundred
1996 ZJ 

I hi-lined my jeep today, it looks great. I also fixed my overheating problem by changing out a broken pully.
fourhundred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #7504
Snowfan2
1998 ZJ 

New CV axle on L, new hubs R & L. New bearings L R, new axle and bearings R R. She rolls quiet now but still has a stubborn undiagnosed misfire.
Snowfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #7505
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Where in Chicago are you located?

But to be honest there really isn't any good wheeling places. Only place I can think of is Badlands
Cliffs Insane Terrain but I've heard it's not really for stock/mildly modded vehicles.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #7506
zjdyer
1998 ZJ 

Scraped ice off the windows so I could see to get to work.
(@)_)____(@)_)--o)_) Terry ZJ Dyer
zjdyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #7507
TurboTPI
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

Cliffs Insane Terrain but I've heard it's not really for stock/mildly modded vehicles.
Cliffs is awesome. Been there many times. I highly suggest going. We should get a day planned to all go. Get a big group together.
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #7508
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I'd be game for that. Do you think a ZJ with what's in my current info would make it? I'm still running 29" ATs.
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #7509
TurboTPI
1995 ZJ 

Yeah, you'd still have alot of fun. There are hard trails and easy.
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #7510
jonifun
1998 ZJ 

Fully ready for its mot inspection on Monday. The awful rattle I've been chasing on the front was a steering stabilizer bolt mount. That's fixed and the terrible pulsing in the brakes that I really thought was front disc warpage turned out to be rear disc instead. So new discs and pads all round should last a while. Repacked all the steering joints with grease and changed the oil and filter. Just needs a wash n wax.
jonifun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #7511
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Updates from what happened on page 471: Well got must of the damage popped out so thats good. But found out my rear axle is bent so i need to get a new one. Which means since im already down there doing that, i might as well go ahead and put my 3.5" lift on. Then i will do the body work (paint, etc.) and buy some rims and tires. Thing that sucks is this is probably a month or two down the road so not having a vehicle for that long will be depressing, lol.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #7512
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTPI View Post
Yeah, you'd still have alot of fun. There are hard trails and easy.
Cool. Let's try to get a future date set up so I can make sure I'm free during that time.
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #7513
indylodown
1997 ZJ 

I'll set the scene...my phone rings last night and my son says "I need help I've wrecked my Jeep!" my first thoughts and comments are of course "are you ok?" and "do you have anybody with you?", "Yes I'm ok and no I'm by myself". He tells me its bad and the Jeep is on its side in the ditch. We live in the country and its all backroads to the house and lots of woods and open fields and deer. Some of the ditches are deep and wide enough that you could end up, upside down. I get there and his Jeep is in a ditch on the drivers side and the passenger side wheels are off the ground. We got it set back on 4 wheels and hooked the chain to the front, as I started to pull him out, he was able to pretty much drive up out of the ditch. He drove it home with no problems, the only thing he noticed it wanted to pull to the right a bit. I wish I had taken pics of it last night but wasn't thinking. It was raining and sleeting (trying to freeze) and 5 or 6 deer come across the road he tapped the brakes and swerved to not hit the deer, and slid off in the ditch. Here are the pics from this morning.
from the front

from the side

and the ditch

The fender and door will have to eventually be replaced but we were able to get the dents pulled so the door will open and close. Headlight and corner marker will have to be replaced. He's been looking at new lights anyways so now is his chance. I have a windshield coming Monday ($160 bucks installed), and the mirror will have to be put back on.
As you can see in the last pic the mirror is laying there unbroken, what happened is it has just popped off. My question is can the mirror be put back together from where it has been separated. I'm going to give it a shot and try rewiring so I can save the mirror.
His pride is hurt more than anything and he was scheduled to have pics taking Monday at school cause he had been picked for "Top of the Lot". I told him to rescheduled the shoot for Tuesday and if anybody ask just tell'em those are wheeling scars, LOL. Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share a jeep story.
indylodown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #7514
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Good thing he wasn't hurt badly in that. The Jeep looks like it came alright too for being on its side.
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #7515
Devanzj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Fixed tranny line, let it run at idle and put it through all the gears and checked the tranny fluid in neutral. Was in the middle of OK so I took it for a test drive in the fresh snow for a good 30-40 minutes getting footage with my gopro. Got some good footage! Anyone know any MP4 converters that keep the videos HD still?
Where do you mount yours? I'm trying to find a good angle without wasting too many mounts lol
Last night my friends and I towed around a sled in a new business park thats being built, no plows or curbs haha got a couple helmet cam shots

On the way/waiting to go on: ford 8.8, 4.88s
Devanzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.