What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 500 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 01-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #7486
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
Moog usually makes good stuff though. As for the door pin bushings, were they made in the USA? Owning and maintaining 3 vehicles for my personal use, I've learned to hunt for good parts. One thing I try to do is get stuff from here - usually lasts a whole lot longer. Sometimes I can't find anything though and end up reluctantly buying Chinese crap, but I don't kid myself. I know I'll be replacing it more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Put washers in the bottom holes of the hinges, and never look back.
Thanks for the tips

I think I got the advanced auto 'help' brand door pin kit. Pisses me off because they were like $6-8 for a pin, e-clip, and bushings, times 8 (for all hinges) and it ended up being more than I liked for some cheap **** bushings that didn't last a year.

I'm thinking about maching out some oilite bushings on the lathe and see how those hold up, maybe even just making some oversided pins and drill the bushing holes out a bit and just make everthing nice and beefy. Time will tell though, I've got my hands full right now getting this 8.8, hp30, gears and arms together for spring right now

Unread 01-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #7487
torchd
1998 ZJ 

This sucks. I'm stuck in traffic. There is about 4" on the ground. I'm using 4HI (part time) jeep is handling great. But then again I have brand new DuraTracs. I can definitely feel the under steer being in 4HI

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #7488
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
interesting?

which bumper is that??
That is extended more than mine is.
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #7489
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Haven't gotten my niner back from the shop yet where they are installing my rock sliders, so I'm still cleaning up my other black jeep.

Unread 01-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #7490
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

That's coming along nicely.

On topic, I figured out why gas mileage drops so much when there's snow on the ground. Not only is there a lot more resistance while driving, but my foot gets a lot heavier. I just busted myself doing donuts in the Cul de Sac at the end of my street. Fun stuff. Oh, and I didn't do my swaybar bushings today. I had to clear my driveway twice and my neighbor gave me $20 to do hers. It took me about a half hour to clear hers with my snowblower so I guess $40 an hour isn't bad. Too bad I don't get paid that 8 hours a day, 5 days a week...
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #7491
TheMadMike
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Drove my ZJ for the first time in 3 weeks and she fired right up. Front end is making all kinds of noise but due to the cold and rain I haven't had a chance to replace the pinion bearings and seal. Drove it into town and meet the previous owner of my XJ and finally got the title for it. So now I have the XJ to drive the ZJ can wait for parts.
TheMadMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #7492
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Some pictures from tonight storm. We got prolly about 6"

Unread 01-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #7493
armyzj
1997 ZJ 

Hey Torchd, I'm new to the Chicago area, are there any decent places to play with Jeep's around here ?

On topic : Replaced Tstat, Ordered New Adj track bar.
armyzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #7494
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
Some pictures from tonight storm. We got prolly about 6"
That storm is pissing me off. I finished my driveway, my neighbor asked me to do hers, I finished hers, then I had to do mine again because there was another 2" or so on it. I now have another 2" on it. At least I got to have some fun with the ZJ in the snow. I'm pretty sure it was a little more than 6" though, at least below the lake. I think we got a little lake effect snow that you may not have received.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #7495
Sahara707
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I put on a Rock Hard 3rd brake light today. It kept blowing the brake light fuse? The light mounts o the tire carrier. It must be shorting out? The OEM brake light is isolated in a plastic mount. The Rock Hard light has a mounting screw that goes through the white wire and into the tire carrier? Short?
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #7496
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
Haven't gotten my niner back from the shop yet where they are installing my rock sliders, so I'm still cleaning up my other black jeep.

those are some wild looking trees
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #7497
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

That storm is pissing me off. I finished my driveway, my neighbor asked me to do hers, I finished hers, then I had to do mine again because there was another 2" or so on it. I now have another 2" on it. At least I got to have some fun with the ZJ in the snow. I'm pretty sure it was a little more than 6" though, at least below the lake. I think we got a little lake effect snow that you may not have received.
Yeah we got maybe 7". The snow stopped here around 6:30 tonight.

It was driving in the snow, was hoping to do some snow wheeling tonight but didn't get a chance to

Unread 01-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #7498
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Talked to elite, I can pick it up Monday!!! Would have been sooner if not for all those damn race car guys wanting cars this spring, lol. Getting pics of it tomorrow.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #7499
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyzj
Hey Torchd, I'm new to the Chicago area, are there any decent places to play with Jeep's around here ?

On topic : Replaced Tstat, Ordered New Adj track bar.
Where in Chicago are you located?

But to be honest there really isn't any good wheeling places. Only place I can think of is Badlands

Unread 01-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #7500
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Fixed tranny line, let it run at idle and put it through all the gears and checked the tranny fluid in neutral. Was in the middle of OK so I took it for a test drive in the fresh snow for a good 30-40 minutes getting footage with my gopro. Got some good footage! Anyone know any MP4 converters that keep the videos HD still?

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.